Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
    Indeed Lady Mariel. Sadly with the way things are with the economy in the tank people tend to get scary when it comes to hanging on to there money. We had an incident locally where a Best Buy electronics store was offering Toshibia lap tops half price to the first 100 customers at a few select locations. There was no stampede but alot of pushing, shoving and arguing going on with people in line. I'll stick to buying gifts and stuff for myself online when I can.
    well as sad as it is, can't blame it on the economy, this sort of stuff happens EVERY year. I too enjoy a good cyber-monday!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
      mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hot and Sour soup. I love that stuff. There is this great little restaurant in Tulsa that makes the best Hot&Sour soup I've ever had. Have to go back there next time I visit.
      Double yummm!. I love Chinese soups especially a good hot & sour one.
      Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Remind me to teach you how to multi quote brother Starbase.P
      He knows how to use it brother jelgate. I think brother Base is doing that on purpose so he can boost his post count up. He wants to be able to use a custom DS9 avatar and he needs 2,000+ posts.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
        I learned my early American history from watching Little House of the Praire growing up. Seriously Little House is one the greatest and most wonderful television series anyone will ever watch! (besides being great series of books written by Lauara Ingalls). Truly reflective of the way things were in middle America back in the 1860's-1890's.
        I couldn't agree more brother Starbase!. I grew up reading and watching Little House on the Praire. What a wonderful and sweeping television series it is!. That show depicted mid to late 1800's America perfectly. Not only the very realistic storylines and wonderful acting, but the photography and detail shown in the making of it is second to none. I own all 7 seasons and the made for tv movies on remastered DVD's.
        Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        'How The West Was Won'. Saturday mornings in the early 90s on TNT. That was a great look at the 'wild' West. Oh, and don't forget 'North and South'.
        I never saw North & South (but heard good things about it). I have seen the great Richard Widmark movie How the West was Won, but I don't think I even watched the spin-off television show with James Arness and Bruce Boxleitner. Were they both good depictions of 1800's America?.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I'm not sure I'm qualified to judge what's a good or bad depiction of 1800s America.
          It was entertaining, watching the development of the town and the families. It seemed realistic, that's the best I can do.

North & South was more up my alley in that it dealt with slavery and the systems that upheld and opposed it, and the idiots inbetween. That and Saavik/Kirstie Alley had a wicked case of jungle fever. Available on youtube!
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Has anyone seen the sci-fi show Dark Angel? It's a few years old; I missed it when if aired on TV. I watched both seasons on DVD recently, and Nana Visitor has a recurring role, one more like the Intendent than Kira. I wouldn't call the show great, the first season was a bit uneven in the writing, but I thought it improved in the second season. Visitor was terrific, however, as always.

I'm still staying away from the BSG forum to avoid spoilers, but I ran across an article on the prequel series, Caprica, at Sci-Fi Wire today. Thoughts?

Comment

IMO, it wasn't superior. Voyager is better, followed closely by TNG. why? Janeway is badass captain ( blew up her ship so many times that I lost count), then both of these have plenty of oh so adorable and annoying Q!
              "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                Has anyone seen the sci-fi show Dark Angel??* It's a few years old; I missed it when if aired on TV.?* I watched both seasons on DVD recently, and Nana Visitor has a recurring role, one more like the Intendent than Kira.?* I wouldn't call the show great, the first season was a bit uneven in the writing, but I thought it improved in the second season.?* Visitor was terrific, however, as always.I'm still staying away from the BSG forum to avoid spoilers, but I ran across an article on the prequel series, Caprica, at Sci-Fi Wire today.?* Thoughts?
                I hope it actually has a plot unlike a certain other series that involved Cylons. And I'm not talking about Galatica 1980
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I enjoyed a few episodes of Dark Angel. Unfortunately, the sarcastic black female bartender was so cliche on so many fronts I got turned off quickly... except when she dumped all the medicine Jessica Alba needed to survive down the toilet and organized an intervention because she thought cat girl Jessica was addicted.
                  Add to that the paralyzed man
                  Spoiler:
                  who wasn't 'really' paralyzed
                  ... all in a James Cameron post-apocalyptic America... No thanks.
                  Last edited by nx01a; 02 December 2008, 01:11 PM.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I watched Dark Angel on and off. There were some acceptable episodes, and the main character was very attractive, and I liked the way that they portrayed the world (some of the little background details were fantastic), but the quality wasn't high enough to engross me.

Comment

Hey, just popping by to have you ponder this; what if the Shatner / J.J. this is just a cover to keep a Kirk cameo a suprise?

Comment

IMDB is never fooled by such rouses.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                          I couldn't agree more brother Starbase!. I grew up reading and watching Little House on the Praire. What a wonderful and sweeping television series it is!. That show depicted mid to late 1800's America perfectly. Not only the very realistic storylines and wonderful acting, but the photography and detail shown in the making of it is second to none. I own all 7 seasons and the made for tv movies on remastered DVD's.
                          I never saw North & South (but heard good things about it). I have seen the great Richard Widmark movie How the West was Won, but I don't think I even watched the spin-off television show with James Arness and Bruce Boxleitner. Were they both good depictions of 1800's America?.
                          Hubby loves north and south even books two and three. IT is a fairly good depiction of how northerns felt (seen through the eyes of george hazzard) about the south's "pecular institution".

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                            Has anyone seen the sci-fi show Dark Angel? It's a few years old; I missed it when if aired on TV. I watched both seasons on DVD recently, and Nana Visitor has a recurring role, one more like the Intendent than Kira. I wouldn't call the show great, the first season was a bit uneven in the writing, but I thought it improved in the second season. Visitor was terrific, however, as always.
                            I liked Dark Angel, I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan of the show, but a young Jessica Alba was very good as the sexy Dark Angel. James Cameron did a pretty good job with that show.
                            Originally posted by marielabbott
                            I'm still staying away from the BSG forum to avoid spoilers, but I ran across an article on the prequel series, Caprica, at Sci-Fi Wire today. Thoughts?
                            I'm with you Mariel, I haven't read anything what so ever as to how BSG is going to end (if they ever get around to showing it).

My first thoughts were 'great, we are going to get a sequel to BSG'. But if I read that article right Caprica is going to a prequel set '50 years before the war'. I'm wary of any prequel. I do like how they cast Eric Stoltz to be in the show.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                              I liked Dark Angel, I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan of the show, but a young Jessica Alba was very good as the sexy Dark Angel. James Cameron did a pretty good job with that show.
                              I'm with you Mariel, I haven't read anything what so ever as to how BSG is going to end (if they ever get around to showing it).

My first thoughts were 'great, we are going to get a sequel to BSG'. But if I read that article right Caprica is going to a prequel set '50 years before the war'. I'm wary of any prequel. I do like how they cast Eric Stoltz to be in the show.
                              I'm with you fifth, i am not sure if i am going to watch the ending of BSG, they have dragged it out too long. Caprica sounds like it could be interesting, I too am a fan of eric stoltz. We shall see what I think of it after BSG ends.
                              Another 12 days and I will be done with classes, any trek quizzes scheduled after that?

Comment

Hehe, all this talk of "North and South," I keep thinking it's a certain absolutely wonderful 2004 BBC period drama of the same name that I've just watched twice.....this week. And then ordered my own copy of so that I would no longer be forced to hold my friend's copy hostage.....

I can't wait to see Eric Stoltz in Caprica as well. I never want to see a sequel to BSG- I want to see the end of the series BE the END of the series. Parallel stories set during the series (like the upcoming movie), or prequels, I'm all for. I liked the look of the Caprica preview, and the whole fifties-ish aesthetic looks pretty sweet, and I like the idea of it being more about the moral connundrums of the technology than whizzy space-based sci-fi- they can't replicate any "formula" with what they did with BSG (for example a series about viper pilots or the military pre-attack, or something like that would be lame), but the universe created is so rich with potential why not try a different direction and tell a very different story with a very different feel to it? Obviously not every fan is going to like it, especially those there for the space battles and that sort of thing, but then people were extremely vitriolic before BSG aired, and RDM has a way of pulling things off.....

So I'm looking forward to it.

Seconding Lady Rac, when shall the quizzes return!? Definitely looking forward when they do!

Comment

Working...
                                X