Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
    Well now I'm working on re-banning interracial marrage as a thank you to all the minoritys who voted yes on 8 and for Obama. The Dem party is only doing this to prove a point, prevent civil rights for one group, prevent civil rights for all.
    From what the radio said there are about 3 million ballots to count yet in CA. (provisional and absentee) After those then prop 8 will likely be taken to the courts and tied up in no end of litigation. The irony is that of all people it was the black religious voters who voted more for 8 and help push it over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
      Well now I'm working on re-banning interracial marrage as a thank you to all the minoritys who voted yes on 8 and for Obama. The Dem party is only doing this to prove a point, prevent civil rights for one group, prevent civil rights for all.
      Good luck with that. Don't think it will pass but good luck:
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ya the supreme court ruled against states having interracial marriage bans a while back. You're going to need more than luck.

Comment

OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
          Sorry.
          OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Is there no place safe from politics
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
              From what the radio said there are about 3 million ballots to count yet in CA. (provisional and absentee) After those then prop 8 will likely be taken to the courts and tied up in no end of litigation. The irony is that of all people it was the black religious voters who voted more for 8 and help push it over.
              It is a very big shame - hopefulyl it won't stand in court, although I doubt it. Quiet a step back.

As for the Wright brothers connection - aaaaaaah!
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Is there no place safe from politics
                I just had to type it out loud. Sorry.

The Romulans would seem pretty lame having their attack ships called Kittyhawks... and the Wright Bros really wouldn't have sent the right message calling humanity's first flying machine a Bird of Prey.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                  Roddenberry transferred his academic interest to aeronautical engineering and qualified for a pilot's license. He joined the U.S. Army Air Corps in 1941 and flew many combat B-17 Flying Fortress missions in the Pacific Theatre with the 394th Bomb Squadron (H), 5th Bomb Group, whose members called themselves the "Bomber Barons." He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal.

After leaving the service, he became a commercial pilot for Pan American World Airways. He received a Civil Aeronautics commendation for his efforts following a June 1947 crash in the Syrian desert, while on a flight to Istanbul from Karachi.

Roddenberry left Pan Am to pursue writing for television in Los Angeles. In order to provide for his growing family, he fell back on his early training and joined the Los Angeles Police Department on February 1, 1949, when he took an oath of office and was assigned LAPD badge number 6089. During his seven-year service with the LAPD, Roddenberry was promoted to the level of police sergeant. He resigned from the police force to concentrate on his writing career on June 7, 1956.

Roddenberry was also a historian that loved everything about early aviation. He regulary studied and read about the adventures of the Wright Brothers. Apparently one of the early prototypes to the Kittyhawk was an airplane called the The Bird of Prey. So Roddenberry wanted to honor the Wright Brothers in some way, so he named the Klingons famous warship The Bird of Prey.
                  A crash in the desert in 1947? Now what does that remind me of...? If only it had been July instead of June, and New Mexico instead of Syrian

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                  The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    I just had to type it out loud. Sorry.The Romulans would seem pretty lame having their attack ships called Kittyhawks... and the Wright Bros really wouldn't have sent the right message calling humanity's first flying machine a Bird of Prey.
                    It was Klingons not Romulans
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      It is a very big shame - hopefulyl it won't stand in court, although I doubt it. Quiet a step back.
                      No kidding. Looks like it's a done deal though. Stuff like this just makes me sick. One of the other states (Arkansas I think) has effectively banned gay/lesbian couples from adopting as well, under the guise of not allowing unmarried couples to adopt children. Pathetic. /rant

Erm, back to Trek.....the Wright Brothers question.....who the frak would get that!? That's a really good one Fifth! Never forgetting that.

Comment

I probably shouldn't tell Trek Girl about the law that was passed 2 years ago in Michigan
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It was Klingons not Romulans
                          Grumble. Bird of Prey, Warbird... They're all death from above. Just call me Soval.
                          It's quite amazing that happened in California of all states. Democracy @ work.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I probably shouldn't tell Trek Girl about the law that was passed 2 years ago in Michigan
                            Yes, it was a couple of other states as well, not just Arkansas. Sigh. Ah well. It will be cancelled. Eventually.

So, birds of Prey you say?!
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Actually I was talking about the California law that was passed. Ours was more on the line that said, "Should we allow gay marriagw."
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                                Roddenberry transferred his academic interest to aeronautical engineering and qualified for a pilot's license. He joined the U.S. Army Air Corps in 1941 and flew many combat B-17 Flying Fortress missions in the Pacific Theatre with the 394th Bomb Squadron (H), 5th Bomb Group, whose members called themselves the "Bomber Barons." He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal.

After leaving the service, he became a commercial pilot for Pan American World Airways. He received a Civil Aeronautics commendation for his efforts following a June 1947 crash in the Syrian desert, while on a flight to Istanbul from Karachi.

Roddenberry left Pan Am to pursue writing for television in Los Angeles. In order to provide for his growing family, he fell back on his early training and joined the Los Angeles Police Department on February 1, 1949, when he took an oath of office and was assigned LAPD badge number 6089. During his seven-year service with the LAPD, Roddenberry was promoted to the level of police sergeant. He resigned from the police force to concentrate on his writing career on June 7, 1956.

Roddenberry was also a historian that loved everything about early aviation. He regulary studied and read about the adventures of the Wright Brothers. Apparently one of the early prototypes to the Kittyhawk was an airplane called the The Bird of Prey. So Roddenberry wanted to honor the Wright Brothers in some way, so he named the Klingons famous warship The Bird of Prey.
                                Very cool brother Fifth. I knew Roddenberry was an ex-commercial pilot, but I had no idea he was a bonafide hero, outstanding dude!. I also love how the name of the Bird of Prey came about as well. Very appropriate and it is a great way to honor them.

Comment

Working...
                                X