No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a different note, those of you who enjoy the silly romp that is Merlin (I do!) migth like to hear that Alexander Siddig is going to be appearing in one of the upcoming episodes. YAY!
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      I am holding off on posting results until tomorrow (Friday) evening since there are a few regulars that have yet to take it. I have graded everyone that has taken it so far and there are going to be quite a few Top Dawgs this week. Well done everyone, I would go to Trek Trivia War with you all.
      There's trivia war?! WOOHOO I want to get commissioned!
      Oh I was at the bookstore and I came across a book of star trek ships. Here is the book. And there were a lot of footnotes about ships like XN-02 Columbia being found in the gamma quadrant that I don't remember being cannon. The book said the images were taken from ST wall calendars. Does anyone know if the stories about all these ships are cannon or just fan fic?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Or given the quanity of brother Starbase's posts you could use to advanced search to search just the DS9 Superior thread and only his posts but you didn't hear that from me
        LOL, I tried that brother jelgate. Apparently brother Starbase never posted that he found it, he PM'd brother Fifth to see if his answer was right a few days after the quiz had been graded and done with. So the coveted answer never made it on to the thread. I think Starbase will post the answer, otherwise I am going to go over to his house and humiliate him in front of his beautiful wife.
        Originally posted by jelgate
        I'm probably digging myself a hole for saying this but any chance we can see a Ringer quiz in the future.
        I am down for another ringer quiz (The Wire would have made the perfect episode for a ringer quiz). I might put one together one myself so Fifth can get a crack.
        Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        On a different note, those of you who enjoy the silly romp that is Merlin (I do!) migth like to hear that Alexander Siddig is going to be appearing in one of the upcoming episodes. YAY!
        I have about 6 or 7 episodes of Merlin recorded in my Tivo but I have yet to get around to giving it a try. It is a Russell T Davies written project that focus on Merlin and Knights of the Roundtable?. Just how much supernatural stuff do they add to the show?.
        The USS Defiant Rocks!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Spoiler:
          1-A
          2-D
          3-B
          4-B
          5-D
          6-D
          7-C
          8-A
          9-D
          10-D
          11-Dorn as Worf
          12-10 Years
          13-Transporter accident - Saving Odo - Garak - Worf - Jem'Hadar first
          14-Gearge - Gracie - Yar - Kirk - Dax - Earth - Growled "Berlin"
          15-Fired Torpedo's at Founders home world - Himself - Decode for Starfleet - Mila
          16-Headached - Obsidian Order - To dull pain of torture - Overuse - 2 stories (he blew up a transport with prisoners and civilians on it just to get prisoners // he let some homeless youth go because he wanted to get inside with some shelter) - Enabran Tain - Cardassian book (which Bashir hates)
          Great quiz brother Fifth. I liked the scale down version better, well done!.
          The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
            I have about 6 or 7 episodes of Merlin recorded in my Tivo but I have yet to get around to giving it a try. It is a Russell T Davies written project that focus on Merlin and Knights of the Roundtable?. Just how much supernatural stuff do they add to the show?.
            Got nothing to do with RTD really. The setting is that both Merlin and Arthur are teenagers, Merlin comes to live in Camelot under Uther Pendragnio's rule who's forbidden the use of magic cos he's, erm, paraoid. Or something. It's fluffy adn silly and nonsense but very entertaining...
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Well, this was
              Spoiler:
              1) A)

2) B)

3) C)

4) A)

5) D)

6) D)

7) B)

8) A)

9) D) 'Trip' as in 'triple'.

10) D) Dang, if only a sure fire giveaway like 'chocolate' were in the name...

11) Garret Wang

12)- 15... Nothing about ENT in the early years was right, anyway.

13)- [Not in chronological order...] Worf, Weyoun, Demar, Sisko, Kira

14)- Paul, Paula

[Random order] Spock, Tasha Yar, Trip

[DUH!] Earth

Groaned, grabbed his head, suffering from excess Romulan ale.

15)- (Garak related questions)
              No idea.

[Duh!] Garak.

Trapped in a small space doing surveillance for an extended period.

No idea.

16)- Clammy skin, pupil dilation issues, obvious whincing in pain.

The Obsidian Order!

It was supposed to, ironically, make him immune to pain should he be tortured.

He used it constantly for 2 years.

Some screwup which he tried to pin on Tain too late, as Tain had already pinned it on him first. Well, that was his last story. How many licks? The world may never know...

Enabran Tain

A book, Meditations on a Crimson Sunset... or something like that. Cardassia vs Qonos. How foreshadowy.
              painful.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I will post results for the Quiz on Monday my friends. All of you did quite well including a couple of new editions to the Top Dawg list.

I will also post the answer to the dreaded Wright Brothers and Roddenberry connection with Star Trek.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I will also post the answer to the dreaded Wright Brothers and Roddenberry connection with Star Trek.
                  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Awesome!

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Has heart attack.... must sit down....
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                        Is Merlin airing in the US then? I would like to give it a try, but I haven't found it on BBC America, or anywhere else.

Comment

Teenager Merlin. Wow. That's still better than preteen Robin... What stupidity runs through the heads of tv execs?
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

They're tv execs?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Continue in your blissful ignorance. I envy your naïvety.
                              Last edited by nx01a; 01 November 2008, 03:51 PM.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                                Is Merlin airing in the US then? I would like to give it a try, but I haven't found it on BBC America, or anywhere else.
                                That's what I was wondering as well Mariel?. I just did a search of all the various BBC channels I get and I couldn't find anything about Merlin. I am curious about the BBC show Primeval, which I have Tivo'd but haven't gotten around to watching yet.
                                Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                Teenager Merlin. Wow. That's still better than preteen Robin... What stupidity runs through the heads of tv execs?
                                LOL, I like the young Robin Hood BBC show. Hollywood and now seemingly the BBC have run out of original idea's. That is why we see so many repeat show and movies being re-made. It is also why a host of ex and current British shows have been made into American television shows and vice-versa. Which isn't necessarily always a bad thing.
                                Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                They're tv execs?
                                LOL, huh what?.
                                The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X