Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    Needless to say I didn't get round to watching 'The Wire' again. It was from my memory once again which is hit and miss!
    Truly a great episode. I have re-watched it 3 times in the last couple weeks alone and I still enjoy it everytime.
    Originally posted by Krisz
    It was fun to do as always, thanks Fifth Race for rising from your sick bed to give us another great quiz! Truly beyond the call of duty!
    My back is feeling much better Kris and thank you. I sure wish grading them would be as much fun and building them.
    Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
    I started to do the quiz but I have to go back to studing. I'll take it Wednesday after my midterm, priorities!
    No worries brother FB, I am leaving the quiz up until Thursday and posting results late Thursday night.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
      Hi everybody, hope everybody is feeling o.k
      I have a feeling I am going to have an awful quiz, and it won't help that I have not even seen 'The Wire' in over 10 years so most of the answers are just guesses and will probably be wrong, but i'm here to have fun and thats what I will do
      Hey brother SC, great to see you back on the superior thread. I'm also glad you made it for the quiz. I just finished grading your quiz, you didnt do that bad my friend.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Star Trek Quiz #20 (A re-post since we started a new page)
        1)- What class vessel is Voyager?
        A)Intrepid B)Ambassador C)Galaxy D)Nebula

2)- Which actor has appeared in 'DS9' as a Vulcan, a Klingon, a Human and a Changeling?
        A)Marc Alaimo B)Robert O'Reilly C)Michael Dorn D)J. G. Hertzler

3)- Which episode is when Q loses his powers?
        A)Q-pid B)Deja-Q C)Q-Less D)True-Q

4)- Who was responsible for giving the Cardassians information which led to the Kendra Valley Massacre?
        A)Vedek Bareil B)Kai Opaka C)Vedek Winn D)Major Kira

5)- Who was the only character in the first filmed 'Star Trek' episode ('The Cage')?
        A)Scotty B)Kirk C)Bones D)Spock

6)- What do Tuvok and Seska have in common?
        A)They are both allies of the Federation B)They both have brothers C)They were both demoted (not necessarily in the same episode) D)They were both spies sent to infiltrate the Maquis

7)- The Borg Queen is from what species?
        A)329 B)112 C)125 D)180

8)- During the second season, Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher) decided to take a year off. When she came back, what was the reason behind her character's absence during that year?
        A)She was filling in as the head of Starfleet Medical. B)She wanted to research metaphasic shielding. C)She was replacing a CMO on the Yamato. D)She took a sabbatical to care for her husband.

9)- On "ENT", how did Commander Tucker get his nickname "Trip?"
        A)He was clumsy as a child B)He dabbled in hallucinogens as a teen C)He loves to take vacations D)He is the third Tucker named Charles

10)- What drink did Data prepare for Counselor Troi after losing a bet over a game of 3-D chess?
        A)Arcturian fizz B)Mareuvian tea C)Calaman sherry D)Samarian sunset

11) What regular Star Trek actor is rumored to have showed up for his initial audition in full uniform and regalia to impress TPTB?, which apparently worked. ___

12)- Based on the official Star Trek Chronology: ENT begins how many years before the creation of the Federation? ___

13)- Weyoun was killed 5 times throughout the series, who caused or is responsible for each death? ___, ___, ___, ___, ___

14)- (Various Trek Movie Questions)
        What were the names of the humpback whales in "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home"? ___, ___

Data was the last Star Trek regular to be killed off. Which regular characters also suffered onscreen demises? (includes the television series as well) ___, ___, ___

What was the planned target for Shinzon's ultimate weapon? ___

What was Worf's reaction when Data launched into a performance of "Blue Skies" (at Troi and Riker's wedding reception)? ___

15)- (Garak related questions)
        Garak was once jailed for 6 months on DS9, what did he do to deserve this rather light sentence? ___

Garak's shop was once destroyed by a bomb, who was responsible for the bombing? ___

What did Garak do that subconsciously aggravated his claustrophobia to a debilitating severity? (which Ezri was able to help him with as the stations counselor) ___

Who was Garak's housekeeper and Tain's confidant throughout his childhood and was still living in Garaks childhood home when Kira, Damar and himself needed refuge on Cardassia? (she was killed by Jem'Hadar) ___

16)- (The Wire episode specific questions)
        What were Garak's symptom's before he collapses? ___

When Quark asks the Cardassian Booheka to help him hunt down a piece of Cardassian Biotechnology, Booheka trips up a computer security alert and immediately fears for his life - what did Booheka fear? (hint: it is the very first time it was mentioned or talked about on any Trek series) ___

What was the purpose of the implant that Garak had put into his head? ___

Why did the implant eventually fail? ___

Why was Garark kicked out of the Obsidian Order? (brief synopsis) ___

Who did Bashir visit to try and get some help for Garak? (first appearence on any Trek series) ___

What gift does Garak give Bashir at the very end of the episode? ___
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Going to start the quiz now, it's been calling to me. Geeze this was really long, but we've been due. Thanks man your quizzes always rock. What we need now are Star Trek Crossword puzzles!
          Spoiler:

1.A
          2.D
          3.B
          4.B
          5.D
          6.D
          7.C (I hate Borg designations!)
          8.A (Good season to be written off too season two was horrible)
          9.D
          10.D
          11. Michael Dorn
          12. Hmm Enterprise started in 2150's I think something like ten years or so if I remember These are the Voyages correctly.
          13. Hmm lets see: Worf killed him by breaking his neck, He committed suicide, Garak shot him, The Gem Hadar killed him on that Iconian planet. Damar had to have killed him once. I know Dukat never did.
          14a. George and Gracie!
          14b. ( OMG why did you ask this question!)
          David, Kirk's Son. Spock. Commander Deker from the motion picture. Khan. Sybock, Spock's Brother. Tasha Yar. Gowron. Kimpeck, the chancellor of the high council. Durass, from the house of Durass. Lursa and Beytor. The Borg Queen. Soran from STGenerations. Worf's first mate Kaylar. Worf's second mate Dax. Vedek Bariel. Vedek Winn. Kai Opaka Vedek Fala took a pill and killed himself. Damar. Enabran Tain, Meelah the housekeeper for Garak. ZeaAl, Dukata's daughter. Weyoun X 5. Jeniffer Sisko. Lee Nalas. Older Janeway! In the Au's Vic fontaine, Sisko, Odo,Quark and Rom, Brunt, Dax.(off screen I think) Jeniffer (human scientist)

14c. Earth
          14d. He put his head on the table and mumbled something romulan ale, I think he was hammered.
          15a. I think he tried to blow up the founders homeworld. I remember that fight scene with worf well. If you look closely during the fight one of the doors on the jerfferys tube falls over.
          15b. He blow it up himself.
          15c. He was decoding dominion transmissions from cadarassian space.
          15d. Meelah.
          16a. Diuzzyness, headache, and irritability
          16b. The Obsidian Order!
          16c. It was an anti torture device designed to suppress pain.
          16d. It was left on for longer than it was designed for.
          16e. I don't remember why. Garak told so many lies. I think Tain kicked him out for some reason or another.
          16f. Tain
          16g. A book.

Comment

I must apologise and say that I won't have time to take the quiz until Friday afternoon. I hope I'll still be graded.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Spoiler:
              1. A) Intrepid
              2. D) J. G. Hertzler. Don't forget the Hirrogen
              3. B) Deja-Q
              4. B) Kai Opaka
              5. D) Spock
              6. D) They were both spies sent to infiltrate the Maquis
              7. C) 125
              8. A) She was filling in as the head of Starfleet Medical.
              9. C) He loves to take vacations
              10. D) Samarian sunset
              11. Anthony Montgomery
              12. 10 years
              1. Killed by Jem’Hadar and his energy weapon
              2. Suicide after defecting to Odo
              3. Worf snapped his neck
              4. Shot by Garak
              5. ?????

1. George and Gracie
              2. Spock, Tasha, Jadzia Dax
              3. Earth
              4. Something about Irving

1. Killing the Romulan senator to get them involved in the Dominion War
              2. Enbram Tain
              3. Committing treason against his people
              4. Milia

1. Migraines
              2. Obscidian Order
              3. To reduce pain during torture
              4. It’s been on nonstop since the Federation and Bajorans took control of DS9
              5. That’s up for debate. Garak gave many reasons why he was exiled and many they are possibly false.
              6. Enbram Tain
              7. A Cardassian novel

These episode specific questions will be the death of me
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                1. A
                2. D
                3. B
                4. B
                5. D
                6. D
                7. B
                8. A
                9. D
                10. D
                11. Dorn trying out for Worf
                12. 10 years
                13. Jem'Hadar ... Acciedental ... Suicide to save Odo ... Garak ... ???
                14. George ... Gracie ... Tasha Yah ... Kirk ... Jadzia ...Earth ... ???
                15. ??? ... Himself ... ??? ... Mila
                16. ??? ... Obsidian Order ... Stimulate Pleasure ... Overuse .. He let some prisoners go ... Tain ... ???
                Another gem brother Fifth. I think I did pretty darn good.

Comment

Here's my input... no guarantees!

Spoiler:
                  1.c
                  2.d
                  3.b
                  4.b
                  5.d
                  6.d
                  7.c
                  8.a
                  9.d
                  10.d
                  11.Levar Burton
                  12.10 years
                  13.jem'hadar leader (don't remember the name), Damar,suicide,worf, and garak
                  14.george and gracie (after george burns and gracie allen),Kirk, tasha yar, and picard(?),earth,didn't like the song,
                  15.for trying to kill the founders while they were in their "great link",he did it himself,decoding cardassian transmissions for the federation,Mila
                  16.severe headaches (migrains which turned into seizures), the obsidian order, designed to help a cardassian resist torture by producing more endorphins, it was not designed for continuous use, we are not sure- garak told several stories involving a fictional best friend/brother named Elim--himself and allowing Bajorans to be freed, garak's former mentor (and father) E (?) Tain, another cardassian novel... a futuristic one.

Comment

great quiz brother Fifth
                    Spoiler:
                    1) A
                    2) D
                    3) B
                    4) B
                    5) D
                    6) D
                    7) C
                    8) A
                    9) D
                    10) D
                    11) Michael Dorn (?)
                    12) 10 years
                    13) Word, Damar, Garak, suicide, ?
                    14) George and Gracie; Spock, Trip, Jadzia, Tasha, Kes; Earth; he was drinking Romulan Ale (?)
                    15) attempted to destroy the Great Link; Garak was responsible; he tried to modify the subspace transmitter; Mila
                    16) a migraine; the Obsidian Order; it was supposed to make him immune to pain; it had been active for several years; he killed the daughter of a Cardassian Gul; Tain; a Cardassian book
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

half the fun of these quizzes is reading everyone else's answers to see what you got wrong!
                      hey did we ever find out what the connection between Star Trek and the wright brothers was? wild guess:
                      Spoiler:
                      Gene Roddenberry trained at wright-patterson field in Ohio????

Comment

Spoiler:

1) A
                        2) D
                        3) C
                        4) B
                        5) D
                        6) D
                        7) C
                        8) A
                        9) D
                        10) D (in the traditional fashion, as only he could make it)
                        11) Michael Dorn
                        12) 13
                        13) Omecra, Damar, Suicide, Worf, Garak
                        14) George, Gracy;
                        (he wasn't the last trek character to be killed, Trip was) Spock, Kirk, Trip, Seska;
                        Earth;
                        He said "Irving Berlin", groaned, and headdesked;
                        15) Attempted to destroy the Founder homeworld with Quantum Torpedoes, and attacked Worf;
                        Garak Destroyed his own shop;
                        He constantly worked on decoding messages, until he snapped;
                        Mila;
                        16) Pain;
                        The Obsidian Order;
                        To eliminate pain in the event of torture;
                        He turned it on and left it on. It wasn't meant to operate continuously, so it eventually just wore out;
                        He refused to destroy a transport;
                        Taim, Garak's father, and the former head of the Obsidian Order;
                        He tells him that all the stories were true, even the lies;

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          half the fun of these quizzes is reading everyone else's answers to see what you got wrong!
                          hey did we ever find out what the connection between Star Trek and the wright brothers was? wild guess:
                          Spoiler:
                          As far as I know, brother Fifth still refuses to give us the answer

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Spoiler:
                            1)A
                            2)D
                            3)B
                            4)B
                            5)D
                            6)D
                            7)C
                            8)A
                            9)D
                            10)D
                            11)Dorn/Worf
                            12)10 Years
                            13)Jem'Hadar - Saving Odo - Worf (brutal) - Garak - ?
                            14)George - Gracie - Tasha Yar - Kirk - Dax
                            15)? - Himself - ? - Mila
                            16)Headaches - Obsidian Order - Overuse - He let children go and He blew up a shuttle with civilians on board - Tain - More boring Cardassian literature
                            Great quiz brother Fifth. Let me know if you want help grading.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              I must apologise and say that I won't have time to take the quiz until Friday afternoon. I hope I'll still be graded.
                              I am holding off on posting results until tomorrow (Friday) evening since there are a few regulars that have yet to take it. I have graded everyone that has taken it so far and there are going to be quite a few Top Dawgs this week. Well done everyone, I would go to Trek Trivia War with you all.
                              Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Wow great guess Lady Rac but it's not the one I was looking for. Quite a few of you have come up with more than a few great answers that could apply. Brother Starbase was able to big it up a couple months ago, so if he feels like it, I will let him tell you the answer.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Or given the quanity of brother Starbase's posts you could use to advanced search to search just the DS9 Superior thread and only his posts but you didn't hear that from me

I'm probably digging myself a hole for saying this but any chance we can see a Ringer quiz in the future.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X