Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Nah. Not Caribbean, this is a Canadian thing. Newfoundlanders and Labradorians make people do it. Or maybe that's just something they made up in college to make us do stupidity. As for Mount Gay.. it ain't that rare.
    Screech!

Never had it, sounds awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Speaking of wooden spoons, Fifth, when is the next quiz? Advance warning would be great- school starts this week, so every thing's a bit hectic and I don't want quizzes to start popping up only to find myself forgetting about them!
      I was originally looking at doing one next Monday but it's looking more likely in 2 weeks. What works best for you Lady Trek?. I know brother Starbase was asking to wait a couple weeks.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Screech!

Never had it, sounds awful.
        It's actually made in Jamaica. I checked the fine print.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Nah. Not Caribbean, this is a Canadian thing. Newfoundlanders and Labradorians make people do it. Or maybe that's just something they made up in college to make us do stupidity. As for Mount Gay.. it ain't that rare. What brand do you like? Extra Old? Old Gold? Diet coke. Eww.
          I think brother Base was talking about these aged bottles of rum he buys at this particular liquor store on St Thomas. They have a deal with the Mount Gay distillery to sell these specially aged bottles, some 50 years old. They cost anywhere from $250-$2000 a bottle. I know because I was the one who told him and his wife about this specialty liquor store that carries all kinds of rare spirits, at a reasonable prices as well.

When I am in Caribbean my adult beverage choice is either a Mount Gay Rum Pina Colada or a Jamaican Red Stripe Beer.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Can I go vacation with brother Fifth

*cues innocent look*
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
              I was originally looking at doing one next Monday but it's looking more likely in 2 weeks. What works best for you Lady Trek?. I know brother Starbase was asking to wait a couple weeks.
              Whatever is fine for me, just having the advance warning is great- will you mark on Wednesdays?

Comment

*runs away frmo thread in horror*
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I think brother Base was talking about these aged bottles of rum he buys at this particular liquor store on St Thomas. They have a deal with the Mount Gay distillery to sell these specially aged bottles. They cost anywhere from $250-$2000 a bottle. I know because I was the one who told him and his wife about this specialty liquor store that carries all kinds of rare spirits, at a reasonable prices as well.
                  That is exactly it brother Fifth, although they had some bottles that were 100 years old. You can buy Mount Gay at any good liquor including there great Extra Old brew (aged 30 years). But you might have trouble trying to find a 100 year old bottle. The bottle I bought was $495 and was 72 years old. I thought about saving it to display as conversation piece, but curiosity drove me to open it at a house party the wife and I had awhile back. It was well worth every penny I spent, probably the smoothest tasting liquor I have ever tried.

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  *runs away frmo thread in horror*
                  LOL, poor Lady Pitry. See what you got yourself into by becoming a regular here.

Comment

Whatever is fine for me, just having the advance warning is great- will you mark on Wednesdays?
                    I am definetly putting it off until a week from next Monday (in 2 weeks) Lady Trek. I either post results Wednesday but sometimes I wait until Thursday depending on who still hasn't taken it or if someone makes a request. I am very open to any and all of that and I especially will accommodate regulars like yourself.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Can I go vacation with brother Fifth
                    *cues innocent look*
                    LOL, sure thing brother jelgate, except if I go out of town it will be for business. I most likely will be flying down to Los Angeles Sunday night for an early appt. Monday morning. Not much fun my friend, I can't even talk/bribe my girlfriend in to joining me, I don't blame her, airports suk (especially these days).
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

You would never catch me in LA. I hope I never have to visit that city. So contact me the next time you go somewhere a little more pleasant.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

You would never catch me in LA. I hope I never have to visit that city. So contact me the next time you go somewhere a little more pleasant.
                        Likewise. I was there once.... and hated it with a passion!
                        But it was better in the end cos we left San Francisco for last and that was quite the compensation. Lovely city!
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Likewise. I was there once.... and hated it with a passion!
                          But it was better in the end cos we left San Francisco for last and that was quite the compensation. Lovely city!
                          I got lost in LAX. Not so fun.

San Fran is beautiful. I'm not sure I can say that about many other cities I've visited, but I can about San Francisco.

Comment

LOL, trust me I wouldn't wish LA on anyone. I mean unless you are going to visit Disneyland or Universal Studio's (both are way better in Florida) or an aspiring actor why bother subjecting yourself. That being said, there are some very nice parts of LA that are away from the down town area. - I lived in Brentwood for a 2 1/2 years back in the early 1990's with my girlfriend at the time. She, I and two of her female co-workers rented a small 3 bedroom Spanish style home that was smack in the middle movie-star central ($5900 a month) and about 3 blocks from where OJ massacred his wife and her friend. We used to go eat and hang out at the local Cheese Cake Factory restaurant and bar just to see how many famous people/posers we could spot.

I do go to Atlanta, Miami, Seattle and Oahu once a year for business conventions, are those more to your liking brother jelgate.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Likewise. I was there once.... and hated it with a passion!. But it was better in the end cos we left San Francisco for last and that was quite the compensation. Lovely city!
                              Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                              I got lost in LAX. Not so fun.
                              San Fran is beautiful. I'm not sure I can say that about many other cities I've visited, but I can about San Francisco.
                              Thanx for the kudos for the city I was born and raised in and still live part time. The roots of my family in San Francisco go back to the 1870's when some family members started migrating from Sicily to New York and eventually to the West Coast. Most of them left New York for San Francisco because they were fisherman and knew how great the fishing was here, plus the fact that there were, and still are, a high number of Italians and Sicilians that live in the city. After fishing for 15 years between San Francisco and Alaska on commercial clipper sized ships converted into fishing vessels, my great grandfather managed to save up enough money to open the family seafood wholesale and restaurant business that I now run today. I am the fourth generation to take over the business and we are celebrating 100 years in business this year (est. 1908).

As far as visiting San Francisco as a tourist or for a holiday you can't go wrong. Sure things are rather expensive, but between the beautiful site-seeing, historic landmarks, best food and restaurants, art & museums, Golden Gate Park, very friendly locals, along with the wide variety of great night life and alternative stuff to do, there is literally something for everyone (young and old) here in our little jewel city by the bay.

I didn't even mention stuff to do right outside of city in other parts of Bay Area like touring the Napa/Sonoma Valley Wine Country, Silicon Valley, Oakland, Marin County where Muir Woods and all those Redwood forrests are (and where brothers Starbase, USS Defiant and myself all live), just to mention a few.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

($5900 a month)
                                Forgive me as I pick up my jaw from the floor.

... and I was complaining about rent prices in Jerusalem...
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X