No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dreads on Jason Momoa was hurting his neck so he had them removed. TPTB (Bridge Studios) were okay with them being removed and scene was written into Broken Ties to have have Ronon lose his dread. However SciFi forced Ronon to keep the dread and Jason Momoa has to wear a terrible wig
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I always have and always will be a Gate fan first.
      Word brother jelgate, I am just as much a fan of Stargate and Atlantis (more Stargate than Atlantis) as I am of Star Trek. IMHO, they are both the pinnacle of what a Scifi franchise should be are the Kings of the Scifi (television and movies).
      Originally posted by jelgate
      We blindly defend our franchise just like I imagine if 2000 was the present and someone came in here and was saying why the Trek was mundane and predictable people like brother Fifth and Defiant would go on defending it because as shown many times they are die hard Trek fans
      I am definetly guilty of doing that myself. It can easy to fall in to that trap, especially if you are dealing with someone that is ridiculous or just some young kid looking for a flame war. Most of the time it ends up having nothing to do with whatever subject mater you started arguing about to begin with.
      Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      The dreads on Jason Momoa was hurting his neck so he had them removed. TPTB (Bridge Studios) were okay with them being removed and scene was written into Broken Ties to have have Ronon lose his dread. However SciFi forced Ronon to keep the dread and Jason Momoa has to wear a terrible wig
      Ok so he didn't actually shave his head bald or nearly bald he just has it short or semi-short now. I know brother Fifth keeps his hair rather long and I have heard him mumbling many times at what a pain in the butt it is to maintain long hair.

And that is a terrible wig indeed!, although I did notice that they have managed to make it fit his head better with each episode after the season 5 premiere.

Was that scene with him in short hair minus the dread's written out of Broken Ties or are they going to force him to wear that dead hairy rat on his dome all season?.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
        Ok so he didn't actually shave his head bald or nearly bald he just has it short or semi-short now. I know brother Fifth keeps his hair rather long and I have heard him mumbling many times at what a pain in the butt it is to maintain long hair.
        The pics Jumper_One?* supplied are what Jason's hair really look like. I personally like to keep my hair short
        Was that scene with him in short hair minus the dread's written out of Broken Ties or are they going to force him to wear that dead hairy rat on his dome all season?.
        Yes it was written out and JM is forced to wear a terrible wig all season but who knows what the movie will hold.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          LOL, yeah the whole special baby thing was rather perdictable as was a pregnant Teyla getting kipnapped. But also like you said Lady Trek, it endeared me to Teyla in a way that I hadn't before. First of all I really admire her for all the great work she did while pregnant, she didn't miss a beat all while looking stunning (pregnant woman do have a wonderful glow about them). As much as I thought Samantha somewhat bombed at leading Atlantis (partly her, partly the writers) I did enjoy season IV. Very well stated as usual Lady Trek.
          I love her character for being tough and business like, she is the perfect fit for Shep's A-Team (very well written character). I also love the character dynamic she has with everyone especially with her fellow A-Team members. I also like the way they set-up her realtionship with Woolsey, subtle yet they found a connection with each other that was wonderfully written and portrayed.
          Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          At least Teyla's doing something this season: worrying about her responsibilities to her son [NOT to the baby daddy, mind you vs saving the universe. Being able to handle herself both with her fists and computer systems is a big plus, too.
          LOL brother nx. I was kind of worried about a baby ruining Teyla's character by softening her up to much, but after watching all seasons 5 so far my worries are long gone. She is as tough and determined as ever, and she has mananged to come across as a very loving and caring mother, a very interesting aspect to her character (it's nice seeing her feminine/motherly side).

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
            I personally think it makes perfect sense to go back to Kirk and Spock for the next Star Trek film/series because that's what everyone knows, and would in my opinion be the best way to bring in new viewers.
            As much as I did not want the Trek franchise to venture back into the past and bring back Kirk and crew (albeit with new actors), this might end up working by reinvigorating the franchise (that's only if the movie turns out to be good of course).
            Originally posted by Browncoat1984
            As for DS9 being the best Trek - I thoroughly enjoyed DS9 but DS9 and TNG were completely different animals. On TNG, the characters were more perfect, had fewer flaws, while on DS9 nobody was perfect. Also on DS9 there was a much larger cast of recurring characters who had major roles on the series (Garak, Gul Dukat, Martok, etc.), while TNG only had a few - the only characters who were really strong recurring characters on TNG were the Obrien's and Q, there were other characters like Sela and the Duras sisters, but they only showed up in a few episodes so I don't know if they really count. I enjoyed both TNG and DS9 for what they were.
            The whole what is the best Trek show or movie is a very subjective topic. For awhile I thought TNG was the best. It wasn't until the conclusion of DS9 that I decided that I personally prefer DS9, I would put VOY in that category as well. That all being said, I still love TNG and rewatch episodes regulary. IMHO it was TNG that was catalyst for the modern scifi movement on television that we are still seeing and enjoying today. If TNG wouldn't have been as wildly popular as it was (and still is today), we never would have had DS9, VOY or ENT, let alone all the great TNG theatrical movies. Whether you like it or not we all owe TNG a lot.

The large group of recurring and semi-recurring characters (that you mention Browncoat) is one of the big reasons that I consider DS9 the superior Trek. Even when I re-watch DS9 today (and I have seen every episodes from each season more times than I will ever admit) I am surprised at just how many great characters they used. A lot of that can attributed to the great group of writers that they assembled for DS9. They always managed to come up with individuals that were unique and memorable even if they only in one or two episodes. Major Kudo's for mentioning the Duras sisters, God I love those gals.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
              Sweet, maybe we could get brother USS Defiant to post any background or inside information on Visionary like he usually does with his episode discussion.
              I'm on it brother Weyoun, I should have something posted up up either later tonight or tomorrow.
              The USS Defiant Rocks!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I don't know if I posted this but it will help to lighten up the mood here.
                http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=XVMLivHTXac

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                  LOL, "what is it" LOL, "I envy you", "You are me" LOL. It bought a smile to face this morning brother Davis. I don't know what it is, because the guy can hardly act, but he is such a natural when a camera is on him that he is a true pleasure to watch. He also has a great comedic presense, which is obvious in watching his commercials, his portrayal as the wonderful Denny Crane and these very cool clips that you provided. Long live Shatner/Denny Crane.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

LOL, "what is it" LOL, "I envy you", "You are me" LOL. It bought a smile to face this morning brother Davis. I don't know what it is, because the guy can hardly act, but he is such a natural when a camera is on him that he is a true pleasure to watch. He also has a great comedic presense, which is obvious in watching his commercials, his portrayal as the wonderful Denny Crane and these very cool clips that you provided. Long live Shatner/Denny Crane.
                    The "It's a Chevy van" part had me in stiches.

Comment

DS9 Season III Episode #62 Visionary

Background Information
                      Freelancer Ethan H. Calk pitched numerous story ideas to the show before landing a sale with this one. He also contributed to the story for the episode "Children of Time".

In the original story for this episode, it was not going to be O'Brien getting shifted in time, it was going to be Odo.

This is the first and only time we see Deep Space 9 destroyed.

This episode shares some commonalities with the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Deadlock". Both show the destruction of the station/starship and both Miles O'Brien and Harry Kim die and are replaced by alternative versions of themselves. "Deadlock" was written by Brannon Braga a year after "Visionary."

This is the episode in which Miles O'Brien introduces darts to Quark's, a game which will be seen throughout the rest of the series. The board itself was first seen in the previous episode, "Prophet Motive".

This episode features the first appearance of the D'deridex-class Romulan warbird on DS9.

O'Brien experiences six temporal jumps:
                      he sees his future self;
                      he sees the brawl in Quark's;
                      he sees himself mortally wounded by a phaser shot;
                      he sees himself die due to his cranial arteries;
                      he sees Deep Space Nine evacuated and subsequently destroyed, along with the wormhole;
                      he is sent three and a half hours into the future to investigate the disaster, where he dies and is replaced by the other O'Brien.

O'Brien falls unconscious when he returns from his first four jumps, but not from his final two jumps.

Bashir's use of hyronalin as a treatment for radiation poisoning is a reference to the TOS episode "The Deadly Years".

This episode features numerous references to the battle between the Defiant and the Jem'Hadar in "The Search, Part I" and "The Search, Part II".

When Kira tells Odo that the Romulans suspect he may have feelings for her, he responds by saying "Ridiculous" in an incredulous manner. However, the audience already knows it to be true after he confessed to it in "Heart of Stone".

Although Ira Steven Behr doesn't dislike this episode, it isn't one of his favorites: "it was good but it seems like a show we could have done on TNG. I prefer our shows to be Deep Space Nine-specific. "Visionary" is kind of a tech mystery, and it's more TNG's kind of show". (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion)

Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko) does not appear in this episode.

Bashir uses a familiar-looking tool to adjust the armband that O'Brien uses to shift forward in time. It's a warp drive engine from a Romulan Warbird model. The tool is slightly modified; it's colored grey instead of green, and blinking lights are added on the inside.
                      The USS Defiant Rocks!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                        DS9 Season III Episode #62 VisionaryBackground Information
                        Thank you brother USS Defiant. I am sure this will help in the next quiz.
                        Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                        Quite funny. Shatner seriously could have done stand-up with that great comedy timing he has. I can picture it now with him doing a two man show where it's just him having a conversation with himself about himself. He is plenty arrogant enough and seems to love himself a lot more than even the crazy fans that adore him.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                          This episode shares some commonalities with the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Deadlock". Both show the destruction of the station/starship and both Miles O'Brien and Harry Kim die and are replaced by alternative versions of themselves. "Deadlock" was written by Brannon Braga a year after "Visionary."
                          I thought something was rather familiar about this episode. I just recently re-watched the VOY episode Deadlock and although Visionary was a much better episode I enjoyed Deadlock as well. They are quite a few similarities between the two episodes..
                          Originally posted by USS Defiant
                          Although Ira Steven Behr doesn't dislike this episode, it isn't one of his favorites: "it was good but it seems like a show we could have done on TNG. I prefer our shows to be Deep Space Nine-specific. "Visionary" is kind of a tech mystery, and it's more TNG's kind of show". (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion)
                          I agree, this definetly had a TNG feel to it, but that being said, it was still interesting and a great character piece for O'Brien.

Great Background info brother USS Defiant. This will definetly help poeple in this next quiz with the Visionary question.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                            LOL, I would pay 5 strips of Latinum to see that. Don't mind brother USS Defiant brother J1. He and brother Fifth are both hot-blooded Italian/Sicilian. I have seen them both at there worst and best, they are equally wonderful and frigthening to witness.
                            Great shots brother J1. So maybe you or someone else can help me clear this up. Did Ronan shave his head or did he just cut it shorter like those pictures depict. I know from the 3 or 4 Atlantis episodes I have watched so far this season it is easy to tell he wearing a clued on wig, it just doesn't sit on his naturally like it did when it actually was attached to his head.
                            Now JM is one fiiiiiiiine looking man ---dreads or no dreads! BUT THAT WIG IS HORRIBLE! *slaps scifi HARD for meddling!*

I actually think Shatner is a good actor, with some bad acting "habits". He was considered quite the "up and comer" in the late 50's early 60's and his performances from then are excellent. I think he is under-rated because of the over-exposure of TOS. His comedic timing is excellent, as for being arrogant, he makes fun of himself quite often...that is a humble attitude!

Comment

I agree, this definetly had a TNG feel to it, but that being said, it was still interesting and a great character piece for O'Brien.
                              It's interesting reading in the Background Information that Odo was originally slated to play the role of the person caught in the time shift. As much as I love O'Brien (and this was a very "good character piece" for him) I would have rather seen Odo play that part.
                              Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                              This will definetly help poeple in this next quiz with the Visionary question.
                              When is the next quiz brother Fifth?. I sure hope it's not this Monday, I am planning to head out of town tomorrrow for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                Now JM is one fiiiiiiiine looking man ---dreads or no dreads! BUT THAT WIG IS HORRIBLE! *slaps scifi HARD for meddling!*
                                LOL, it is almost comical watching poor Ronan wear that dead opposum on his head. They have mananged to make it fit his head much better the last couple episodes compared to the first few.
                                Originally posted by Rac80
                                I actually think Shatner is a good actor, with some bad acting "habits". He was considered quite the "up and comer" in the late 50's early 60's and his performances from then are excellent. I think he is under-rated because of the over-exposure of TOS. His comedic timing is excellent, as for being arrogant, he makes fun of himself quite often...that is a humble attitude!
                                Before Boston Legal I would have totally agreed with brother Fifth about Shatner being quite aweful at acting. But his portrayal of Denny Crane, a arrogant lawyer with diminished mental capabilities due to mad cow disease, is nothing short of brilliant!.

Over exposure or not, Capt. William T. Kirk was and still is hard to watch. Shatner is so bad with delivering his lines it almost sounds like he has a reading and speaking disability whenever he opens his mouth. And what the heck is up with that de---lay ----- be---tween ----- words ------ he -------- has ------------------ when ---------------------- he ----- deli-----vers ------------ his ------------------------- lines. It ---------- is ---------- so -------------- dam --------- annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X