Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
    Yes it is. A "warrior's drink." According to Mr Woof Worf!

I love that scene.

Comment

Very good peep's!, that was a very funny scene when Worf first tried Prune juice, it looked like he was going to orgasm

I can remember a few times on DS9 where Worf downed some prune juice and lets not forget the numerous conversations between Worf and Martok about which years were the best for Blood Wine.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
        Hey brother Fifth when are you going to list the second half of season IV favorite episodes?.
        I will give my second half of season IV choices tomorrow brother Base.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
          Very good peep's!, that was a very funny scene when Worf first tried Prune juice, it looked like he was going to orgasm

I can remember a few times on DS9 where Worf downed some prune juice and lets not forget the numerous conversations between Worf and Martok about which years were the best for Blood Wine.
          yeah
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Second half of Season IV favorite episode choices.......

Return to Grace.....Great DuKat episode, it underlines just how far his megalomania went. DuKat is stripped of his power by the Cardassian govt. and is forced to command a lowly freighter ship. He tries to convince Kira to help him regain his power by destroying a Klingon 'bird of prey' but when he tells the Cardassian govt. what he has done they told him we want a diplomatic solution. So in DuKats disgust he vows to fight the Klingon's himself. Kira take Ziyal back to DS9 so her mad man father can go fight his own personal war without endangering Ziyal.

Sons of Mogh.....Worf's brother Kurn shows up on DS9 with a death wish asking his brother to kill him so he can die with honor. Worf refuses and tries to help Kurn by getting him a job with Odo in security of the station. Kurn does well but Odo fires him seeing that Kurn still has a death wish. Worf and Kurn sneak on a Klingon war ship that is laying mines to destroy Bajoran ships. They secretly stop the plan and end up getting killing a Klingon officer to protect there identities. Worf ultimately sacrifices his own honor to give his younger brother a second chance at honor with a new identity. Kurn was fantastic in every episode he appeared in!.

Rules of Engagement.....Worf is falsely accused to killing innocent Klingon's by destroying a passenger vessel that suddenly appears in front of the Defiant which he was captaining. Sisko figures out that it was all a set up by the Klingon's to discredit Worf when the passenger supposedly killed were actually killed months earlier. I loved this episode especially at the end when Sisko disciplines Worf for wanting to win at all costs. Great stuff!.

Hard Time.....Great O'Brien dedicated episode!. He is imprisoned and is given the memories of someone that has served 21 years in prison when in fact its only been weeks. Great Bashir and O'Brien back and forth in this one.

For the Cause.....Sisko realizes that Cassidy is smuggling supplies for the Maquis and sets her up to see if its really true. She gets caught and sets Sisko off to the point that his hatred for the Maquis has become personal. Sisko was brilliant and dark in this great episode!.

To the Death.....Weyoun is introduced in this great precursor to the Dominion war episode. The Defiant tracks a damaged Jem Ha'dar ship into the Gamma quadrant. they respond to a distress call from the ship where the Vorta (Weyoun) on board explains that they are trying to destroy a Gateway that could be used by renegade soldiers to transport anywhere instantaneously. The Defiant crew has to work with Weyoun and 6 Jem Ha'dar soldiers to destroy the Gateway. I loved this episode!.

Broken Link.....Odo is forced to go to his home planet to try and fins out why he is sick where he inadvertently infects the whole 'great link' with a Section 31 disease that he has no idea he has been infected with. He is told he must go to the great link by the female shape-shifter to get help but he will be judged for his past actions against the Dominion. He agrees and is made human and sent back to the Alpha quadrant to live as a solid.

Tell me what you think my fellow Trek brethren. IMHO Season IV was the start of something special for DS9. The show really hit its stride especially with the advancement of the Dominion story arc.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I've seen most of those, but i can only remember bits. The one that strikes me in the face is "Hard Time". I loved that episode. Another quality Chief O'Brien episode. It was a great way of showing something that's particularly relevant in today's society, hopefully something i'll never have to deal with but you really felt for the Chief... reminds me of the shawshank redemption.

As for "Rules of Engagement" i remember watching it but i can't remember the end bit. But Fifth's description reminded me of something i really liked about Sisko, it was the way he'd go to bat for his friends when he agreed or when he trusted in the judgement of his officers but when he saw that a line had been crossed he came down on them really hard. And afterwards, not a hint of resentment, they stayed exactly as before, as friends. IMO, it showed a really great relationship within the crew on DS9. That they all trusted and respected each other enough etc. etc.

wow... i got mega-sidetracked.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                I've seen most of those, but i can only remember bits. The one that strikes me in the face is "Hard Time". I loved that episode. Another quality Chief O'Brien episode. It was a great way of showing something that's particularly relevant in today's society, hopefully something i'll never have to deal with but you really felt for the Chief... reminds me of the shawshank redemption.
                What I found most interesting in this episode (besides Colm Meany being outstanding as usual) was the technology that the 'Argrathi' had where they could make there prisoners feel what there victims went through as many times as they wished and how they also could make a month feel like years. Pretty spooky stuff.

Originally posted by Anubis69
                As for 'Rules of Engagement' i remember watching it but i can't remember the end bit. But Fifths description reminded me of something i really liked about Sisko, it was the way he'd go to bat for his friends when he agreed or when he trusted in the judgement of his officers but when he saw that a line had been crossed he came down on them really hard. And afterwards, not a hint of resentment, they stayed exactly as before, as friends. IMO, it showed a really great relationship within the crew on DS9. That they all trusted and respected each other enough etc. etc.
                Good points about Sisko brother Anubis69!, Sisko, in this particular episode really needed to put Worf in his place. Worf is always gung-ho for a fight but with the Klingon's attacking Bajor and in conflict with the Federation he was even more edgy than normal. He made some bad and rash decisions in this episode and Sisko had enough of it and put him in his place, but afterwards in true Sisko fashion he praised Worf and told him he will "make a great Starfleet Captain one-day".
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Return to Grace.....Great DuKat episode, it underlines just how far his megalomania went. DuKat is stripped of his power by the Cardassian govt. and is forced to command a lowly freighter ship. He tries to convince Kira to help him regain his power by destroying a Klingon 'bird of prey' but when he tells the Cardassian govt. what he has done they told him we want a diplomatic solution. So in DuKats disgust he vows to fight the Klingon's himself. Kira take Ziyal back to DS9 so her mad man father can go fight his own personal war without endangering Ziyal.
                  You are right on point with how far DuKat's self image of meglomania went brother Fifth. This episode reminds me of how great the DuKat/Kira relatuionship was. Those two brought out the worst in each other more than any other character dynamic on DS9.
                  Sons of Mogh.....Worf's brother Kurn shows up on DS9 with a death wish asking his brother to kill him so he can die with honor. Worf refuses and tries to help Kurn by getting him a job with Odo in security of the station. Kurn does well but Odo fires him seeing that Kurn still has a death wish. Worf and Kurn sneak on a Klingon war ship that is laying mines to destroy Bajoran ships. They secretly stop the plan and end up getting killing a Klingon officer to protect there identities. Worf ultimately sacrifices his own honor to give his younger brother a second chance at honor with a new identity. Kurn was fantastic in every episode he appeared in!.
                  Kurn was great addition to the storyline arc, Worf needed a character like Kurn to really bring together his whole family history and what it meant to the way the Klingon empire would unfold during the Dominion war. Kurn was a great character that made him seem very real.
                  Rules of Engagement.....Worf is falsely accused of killing innocent Klingon's by destroying a passenger vessel that suddenly appears in front of the Defiant which he was captaining. Sisko figures out that it was all a set up by the Klingon's to discredit Worf when the passenger supposedly killed were actually killed months earlier. I loved this episode especially at the end when Sisko disciplines Worf for wanting to win at all costs. Great stuff!.
                  Sisko was right in discplining Worf after the whole situation was resolved. Watching Worf swallow his pride is great TV This episode also shows how devious the Klingons are and the extent they would go to to get what they want. Incredible episode!.
                  Hard Time.....Great O'Brien dedicated episode!. He is imprisoned and is given the memories of someone that has served 21 years in prison when in fact its only been weeks. Great Bashir and O'Brien back and forth in this one.
                  You bring up a great point about just how evil a punishment that mind control device is to its victims brother Fifth on your reply to brother Anubis' take on this great O'Brien episode. Colm Meany was one of the true stars of DS9!.
                  For the Cause.....Sisko realizes that Cassidy is smuggling supplies for the Maquis and sets her up to see if its really true. She gets caught and sets Sisko off to the point that his hatred for the Maquis has become personal. Sisko was brilliant and dark in this great episode!.
                  I am not a big Cassidy Yates fan but out of all her appearances on DS9 this was the best episode. It really did show a side to Sisko about how deep his hatred for the Maquis went. This make for an interesting topic to be discussed at a later time brother Fifth. I never really understood Sisko's passionate hatred towards the Maquis. Maybe he saw himself in them in that he was the Emissary and didn't always dedicate himself to the Starfleet like he thought he should?. Interesting subject.
                  To the Death.....Weyoun is introduced in this great precursor to the Dominion war episode. The Defiant tracks a damaged Jem Ha'dar ship into the Gamma quadrant. they respond to a distress call from the ship where the Vorta (Weyoun) on board explains that they are trying to destroy a Gateway that could be used by renegade soldiers to transport anywhere instantaneously. The Defiant crew has to work with Weyoun and 6 Jem Ha'dar soldiers to destroy the Gateway. I loved this episode!.
                  Aw, the wonderful Weyoun, one of the most unforgettable characters of alltime in scifi TV!. He was just so arrogant at the sametime being a slave to the Founders. The Vorta were a smart and well thought out race by TPTB!. This episode also taught us a lot about the Jem Ha'dar and there hierarchy. This is definetly one of my favorites from season IV!.
                  Broken Link.....Odo is forced to go to his home planet to try and finds out why he is sick where he inadvertently infects the whole 'great link' with a Section 31 disease that he has no idea he has been infected with. He is told he must go to the great link by the female shape-shifter to get help but he will be judged for his past actions against the Dominion. He agrees and is made human and sent back to the Alpha quadrant to live as a solid.
                  Again another truly great episode where the whole Dominion/Federation conflict is starting to unfold. This is one of those episodes where the greatness of DS9 came shining through. This was the perfect episode to end season IV. The female shape-shifter was creepy (reminds me of the Wraith Queens), her hatred for all solids was scary and well written. The amount of great characters that came out of DS9 is amazing!. The Kira/Odo relationship took another step in this great episode!

Great choices as usual brother Fifth!, I agreed with most of your picks and understood your choices for the ones I wouldn't have picked.

Comment

There were a handful of borderline episodes I left off the list from the second half of season IV. I was generous with a couple of those picks as being my favorites.

I will get onto season V episode discussion soon. So we can all get into the whole Dominion war storyline.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I loved Rules of Engagement, what a great Klingon story.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                        I loved Rules of Engagement, what a great Klingon story.
                        I just re-watched this episode last night. It was better than I remembered!. Worf was so much better in DS9 than he was on TNG. Sure they gave him a lot more dedicated episodes and lines on DS9 but his character while being the same as on TNG got better during DS9.

This was a great Worf/Klingon and Sisko episode!.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I just re-watched this episode last night. It was better than I remembered!. Worf was so much better in DS9 than he was on TNG. Sure they gave him a lot more dedicated episodes and lines on DS9 but his character while being the same as on TNG got better during DS9.

This was a great Worf/Klingon and Sisko episode!.
                          I did like Worf's character much more on DS9.
                          Another great Klingon episode is "Soldiers of the Empire". J.G. Hertlzler? made such a great Klingon. I loved that the whole episode was Martok trying to overcome his fear of the Jem Hadar.

Comment

Hmmmm, I will have to pull that one off the shelf and give it gander tonight. I haven't watched season IV in couple years.

Comment

I was just at Wal-Mart today, did any of you happen to see that the DS9 Season sets were only like $53? I saw Season 1, 2, and 4. Also TNG season 2 was the same price.

Comment

I loved Rules of Engagement
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X