Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey
    I liked Nurse Ogawa
    EDIT:When do the Trek quizes return. I am going camping for a few weeks starting Friday.
    Last edited by jelgate; 21 June 2008, 09:19 PM.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Hey
      I liked Nurse Ogawa
      I did too, that's why she made my list.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      EDIT:When do the Trek quizes return. I am going camping for a few weeks starting Friday.
      Sorry brother jelgate, I am headed to the NASCAR race (Go Jeff Gordon) at Infineon Raceway all day tomorrow so there will no Quiz this Monday. If you are going to be gone for a awhile I can put them on hold for an extra couple weeks. I have managed to put together another 2 new Quizzes giving me a total of 5 shiny new ones for ya'all.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I'll be gone for two weeks (starting this Friday) but it wouldn't fair for the other thread members to wait for me
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll be gone for two weeks (starting this Friday) but it wouldn't fair for the other thread members to wait for me
          Understood. My girlfriend and I are planning to take a trip to Reno next weekend so I won't run a Quiz until 2 weeks from tomorrow anyway. So you should only miss one Quiz brother jelgate.

Have a great time camping. Where ya headed and what ya got planned -(swimming, fishing, water-skiing, hiking, relaxing or all of the above?).
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            That would be Rene Auberjonois aka Odo who played the original Father Mulcahey in the M*A*S*H: Motion Picture. Heck I remember Rene as the Benson's snooty boss Clayton Runnymede Endicott III (love that name!) on said named show.
            Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
            Rosalind Chao. She played Klinger's wife.
            Great knowledge you two. I had remembered off the top of head that Auberjonois (Odo) as the original Father Mulcahey in the truly great movie M*A*S*H: The Motion Picture. - And I do now remember (thank's to brother Davis) a very young Rosalind Chao as Klinger's love intrest in the last season of M*A*S*H: The Series.

Do any of you fellow M*A*S*H fans remember the nik-name that they gave Auberjonois' Chaplain character? (and I do not mean Padre)
            The USS Defiant Rocks!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
              With on and off again and equally wacky girlfriend Calliope who wore the craziest get-up's with her little couture hats. Do you remember Euge's alias he went by when he was writing?, I believe he called himself Bettina Lovecraft. And if I remember right Euge disappeared for good from Days when his time machine blew up. IMO they couldn't have found a better actor to play the indomitable Q!.

Check out these pictures of a very young looking John DeLancie (Eugene Bradford) and girlfriend Calliope. Notice the pic half way down the page on the left side of the screen where it shows DeLancie in a Civil War era military uniform kissing Calliope, doesn't that look like Q and Janeway from the S3 VOY episode The Q and the Grey ....
              http://members.tripod.com/~JohndeLancie/jdlegb.htm
              I didn't really forget her, she ranked less than nurse Ogawa so I left the beotch off my list.
              I thought Q had been brilliantly cast, then I saw Days and realized it was briiliantly type cast.
              AND Eugene made an android version of his wife AND was pursued by evil agents from the future! TNG SO ripped off Days!

I liked Shelby. Besides, it takes cojones to tell off Riker and The Beard. It would be nice to see a truly driven officer in a Trek series, not one simply happy to stay at one rank but actively seek out opportunities to advance. Sure, Deanna did it, but that was a one off.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                I liked Shelby. Besides, it takes cojones to tell off Riker and The Beard. It would be nice to see a truly driven officer in a Trek series, not one simply happy to stay at one rank but actively seek out opportunities to advance. Sure, Deanna did it, but that was a one off.
                I love Shelby! She was a pretty sweet character.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                  Understood. My girlfriend and I are planning to take a trip to Reno next weekend so I won't run a Quiz until 2 weeks from tomorrow anyway. So you should only miss one Quiz brother jelgate.Have a great time camping. Where ya headed and what ya got planned -(swimming, fishing, water-skiing, hiking, relaxing or all of the above?).
                  Northern Michigan. (an hour from where I live)

No water-skiing considering its on a no motor lake.

I had an idea for me missing a quiz ( and feel free to say no). Would be okay to PM me the quiz ahead of time and I'll PM you my answers ahead of time. You can then post my results with everyone else
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    I love Shelby! She was a pretty sweet character.
                    I feel that the whole point of Shelby was to Benefit Riker's character...a lot of people I talk to say that it was after Best of Both Worlds when they really began to admire Riker...I think Shelby's was written in specifically as the catalyst to spur on Riker...and it worked nicely...though everytime she got 'mouthy' I did want to reach through the screen and smack her around..especially the scene where she goes behind Will's back to Picard.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                      Great knowledge you two. I had remembered off the top of head that Auberjonois (Odo) as the original Father Mulcahey in the truly great movie M*A*S*H: The Motion Picture. - And I do now remember (thank's to brother Davis) a very young Rosalind Chao as Klinger's love intrest in the last season of M*A*S*H: The Series.

Do any of you fellow M*A*S*H fans remember the nik-name that they gave Auberjonois' Chaplain character? (and I do not mean Padre)
                      I love M*A*S*H.

Comment

I love the early seasons of M*A*S*H. Trapper was the coolest. I remember seeing David Ogden Stiers playing that sucidal alien in TNG
                        Last edited by jelgate; 22 June 2008, 05:00 PM.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I love the early seasons of M*A*S*H. Trapper was the coolest. I remember seeing David Ogden Stiers playing that sucidal alien in TNG
                          I loved him as Oberoth in Season 2 of sga. he was a cold replicator!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                            I loved him as Oberoth in Season 2 of sga. he was a cold replicator!
                            That would be S3 and Lifeline.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That would be S3 and Lifeline.
                              lol, jelgate, he may know more about Stargate, but Lt. Col Davis knows more about TOS. And yes, he's a great actor.

Comment

ironically, I love season 4 and beyond..while I like the early ones, I felt that had they continued with the original support characters..the show might have stagnated...when the new characters came on board, the humor got a little more sophisticated, and the mood of the series got more serious

Henry was great, but he was an incompetent buffoon, and that only lasts so long..enter Sherman Potter..who was the complete opposite...in fact they did this with all the characters that were replaced..but there was always a thread of commonality:

Trapper was unhappily married and unfaithful, enter BJ who was happily married and faithful, both great MDs

Frank Burns was a dolt, and an inept surgeon, and a hard core conservative, enter Winchester who was a brilliant surgeon, and had the smarts to foil Hawkeye and BJ..and he was a conservative as well. but unlike Frank who was your prototypical 'Middle America' redneck conservative, Charles was from the upper echelon wealthy conservative mold (old money)

They really did all they could with Frank as a character, so his departure was fortuitous, with Charles they had a chance to crack the snobbery and develop his compassionate side which they did oh so well.

with BJ they made him Mr. Nice guy for a couple of seasons then his dark side came out around season 7 (to coincide with his moustache)

Comment

Working...
                                X