Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkstar
    i think that the fact the Hirogen were a very old race was the reason behind the original idea that they span all over the galaxy, if you take for example the telaxian or the kazon they were newer to space travel and did't have the chance to go far and wide, the fact that hirogen hunted far and wide was another reason they span so far.
    You did get the feeling that the Hirogen were an ancient race. The more I think about it the more a crossover of Hirogen in the DS9/TNG alpha quadrant would have been fantastic. I'm sure the Hirogen were drooling when they saw the Klingon's, Romulans and various other warrior type races from the alpha quadrant on the holodeck programs.

Weren't the Breen mentioned in various episodes on TNG?. I seem to remember at least one mention of them by Data and how they lived on a very cold and inhospitable planet thats why they knew very little of there race.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
      You're right bro. The Hirogen are pretty much a nomadic species, only coming together when there's a big hunt on. If I recall correctly, the Hirogen have been a space-faring species for thousands of years. Did Seven of Nine not mention that their relay system was a few millennia old?

Yes she did, the communications array that the Hirogen built and use is thousands of years old so when a hunt is approaching they sound the alarm to gather.

Comment

Hirogens in the DS9 universe ehh?....hmmmmmm, they might have been more interesting than the Breen, but I could also see the Hirogen being our allies against the Dominion forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
          Yes she did, the communications array that the Hirogen built and use is thousands of years old so when a hunt is approaching they sound the alarm to gather.
          Ah cool. I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for confirming that detail Starbase.

Yeah, the Hirogen would fancy the chance at hunting a formidable opponent such as the Jem’Hadar.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Ah cool. I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for confirming that detail Starbase.

Yeah, the Hirogen would fancy the chance at hunting a formidable opponent such as the Jem’Hadar.

Makes you wonder about the origins of the Hirogen, they could be as old a race as there is.

Put a Jem Ha'dar, Klingon and a Hirogen in an octagon with no weapons and see who would kick who's azz I would put my money down on the Klingon.
            Last edited by the Fifth Race; 28 March 2006, 06:08 AM.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

i did like the way that they used the hirogen in episodes after season 4, because season 4 was the episodes that we saw the most of the hirogen it stands to reason that such an old race that spanned hundreds and thousands of light years had run ins with other races such as the episode "tsunkatsi" in season 6, another race in VOY that TPTB relished was the once seen Vaudwaar, these Cardassian stlye aliens from season 6's episode "dragons teeth" were planned to re-appear again in VOY, the end of that episode even gave the fans the impression that we would see them again, but as fate would have it the last we ever saw of them was that episode although they were mentioned in season 7 "the void" i guess they left that to the fans imagination to wether the Vaudwaar were some of the aliens trapped in the void, their little war on the delta quadrant never took off, which was a shame, also that episode dragons teeth was originally drafted as a two part episode as well, it went to show that these new bad guys were intended to be a new enemy for season 6 gains voyager but it never happened.
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Hirogens in the DS9 universe ehh?....hmmmmmm, they might have been more interesting than the Breen, but I could also see the Hirogen being our allies against the Dominion forces.
                If TPTB did use the Hirogen in DS9 I think the Hirogen would have joined our side to hunt Jem Hadar and shapeshifters.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                  If TPTB did use the Hirogen in DS9 I think the Hirogen would have joined our side to hunt Jem Hadar and shapeshifters.
                  That my thinking exactly, especially if the Hirogen had already had there encounter with Voyager at the time of the Dominion war considering we gave them technology that could have very well saved there race.

Comment

That my thinking exactly, especially if the Hirogen had already had there encounter with Voyager at the time of the Dominion war considering we gave them technology that could have very well saved there race.
                    I have thought the exact same thing with all this talk of the Hirogen possibly making to the Alpha Quadrant. Considering they have already met up with Voyager and had a good experience with us helping them by sharing technology, they probably would be our allies and would be licking there chops at a chance of hunting the Jem Ha'dar and Breen.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                      I have thought the exact same thing with all this talk of the Hirogen possibly making to the Alpha Quadrant. Considering they have already met up with Voyager and had a good experience with us helping them by sharing technology, they probably would be our allies and would be licking there chops at a chance of hunting the Jem Ha'dar and Breen.
                      The time the first Hirogen were seen of Voyager DS9 was coming to an end, so a crossover would have worked especially if the Hirogen used one of thos Borg inter galaxy worm holes they built and used that Voyager used to get back to Earth.

Comment

The time the first Hirogen were seen of Voyager DS9 was coming to an end, so a crossover would have worked especially if the Hirogen used one of the Borg inter galaxy worm holes they built and used that Voyager used to get back to Earth.
                        That was onething I found a little askew when thinking about a Hirogen crossover into DS9, would the time-line work from when the Hirogen were made aware of us and other Alpha Quadrant races.

If I remember right the Borg had assimilated some Hirogen and the ones that did get assimilated were made either captains or ahead of tactical and weapons aboard Borg ships.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                          That was onething I found a little askew when thinking about a Hirogen crossover into DS9, would the time-line work from when the Hirogen were made aware of us and other Alpha Quadrant races.

If I remember right the Borg had assimilated some Hirogen and the ones that did get assimilated were made either captains or ahead of tactical and weapons aboard Borg ships.
                          Yep, the Hirogen were first encountered in "Message in a Bottle", when Voyager discovered the Prometheus. The EMH2 explained to Voyager's EMH that the Romulans hadn't got involved in the Dominion War. A Hirogen crossover would've fitted into the time-line.

I knew some Hirogen were assimilated by the Borg, but I didn't know they were made Captains or in charge of tactical and weapons. That's news to me, it IS true that you learn something new everyday!
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Yep, the Hirogen were first encountered in "Message in a Bottle", when Voyager discovered the Prometheus. The EMH2 explained to Voyager's EMH that the Romulans hadn't got involved in the Dominion War. A Hirogen crossover would've fitted into the time-line.
                            Understood brother MF.
                            I knew some Hirogen were assimilated by the Borg, but I didn't know they were made Captains or in charge of tactical and weapons. That's news to me, it IS true that you learn something new everyday!
                            They made reference to Hirogen's, Klingon's and other warrior type races being made captains or ahead of weapons and tactical when assimilated because they are perfectly suited for combat and tactical thinking, makes sense to me.

I am going to post my favorite episodes for season 4 tomorrow (Monday)
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

[QUOTE=MarshAngel] The show could have done without Nog and Jake QUOTE]

I think Nog qualifies as an early rendition of Jar Jar Binks...... Quark was cool. Nog is just irritating ........

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                                I think Nog qualifies as an early rendition of Jar Jar Binks...... Quark was cool. Nog is just irritating ........
                                LOL (Jar Jar is by far the most annoying anything in all of sci-fi).

Quark was very cool! and yes, even Nog improved when he matured into a Starfleet cadet then officer in the later seasons ('Valiant' from season 6 and 'The Siege of AR-558' from season 7) are both truly great episodes!. You will see when I send you the final seasons kmiller.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X