No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats only because I was absent. (I'm just teasing him.)
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      The embarrassing part is that your not a newbie.
      that's what I meant

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
      I would'nt be talking smack just yet brother jelgate. Brudder Jumper 1 has scored in the top group quite a few times since the quizzes started.
      aww thanks brother Starbase but I think he's just being funny it's been several years since I watched any ST series (last movie was ST VI because of the quiz) so my score's ok. besides I always have a lot of fun and that's the important thing right? so...
      Spoiler:
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by philstar22 View Post
        My problem is that the Trek dvds are so expensive, even when compared to other tv dvds. I have seasons 6 and 7 of DS9, but I can't afford any more.
        Exactly- so I've never re-watched any Trek much except for Ent (which I've watched all the way through three times- it was on in a great timeslot and as soon as it had finished, I'd start re-watching out of habit, and love of course. ). I've only ever seen Trek on TV, and some TOS DVDs. They're just scarily expensive.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        Spoiler:
        That's great!

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
          Well done everyone on there scores this week. I like how brother Fifth Race incorperated some questions in the quiz about some recent Trek subject matter we have discussed here on the superior thread.
          Yes!!!! I actually got the highest score ever! For me this is an amazing feat given my usual performances!! I continue to pester my memory and it is beginning to co operate!!! Still annoyed that I said First Contact for when the reference to the Dominion war was made. I knew it was wrong as soon as I posted, since I'm honest and it was my 1st answer it remained, no edit button in a live quiz!

My memory of course let me down for that recent discussion about how many people are on DS9.

Thank you once again for an excellent quiz Fifth Race! Congratulations to everyone for all those fantastic scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            Yes!!!! I actually got the highest score ever!

Watched DS9 on Spike this evening for the first time in months, and of all episodes it turns out to be Profit and Lace. I wonder why it is that whenever I try to watch DS9 on my tv these days, it always turns out to be either a Ferengi episode, or one of the four or five eps that I already have on DVD.....

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              Still annoyed that I said First Contact for when the reference to the Dominion war was made. I knew it was wrong as soon as I posted, since I'm honest and it was my 1st answer it remained, no edit button in a live quiz!
              I was sure they mentioned the war in First Contact, I'll have to rewatch it tonight.

Comment

The only problem I have with that is Spike is my only access to the 90's Trek (DS9, VOY, and TNG). And I only vaguely remember TOS Trek movies, so it would mean a refresher course.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                  I was sure they mentioned the war in First Contact, I'll have to rewatch it tonight.
                  I have been thinking about doing (in the near future) a specifically dedicated Trek Quiz that only has questions about what ever Trek movie might be chosen to view, First Contact would be a good start. What do you all think?.

I have also thought about doing a similar Trek Quiz where I pick a small group of episodes (maybe 3 or 4) from let's say season 5 of DS9 and have all the questions pertain to only those episodes.
                  Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  The only problem I have with that is Spike is my only access to the 90's Trek (DS9, VOY, and TNG). And I only vaguely remember TOS Trek movies, so it would mean a refresher course.
                  The limitations some or most of you might have that do not have access to most or even some of the Trek Library make this kind of dedicated Quiz a dicey proposition. I think it would probably work better for a Trek movie.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                    I have been thinking about doing (in the near future) a specifically dedicated Trek Quiz that only has questions about what ever Trek movie might be chosen to view, First Contact would be a good start. What do you all think?.

I have also thought about doing a similar Trek Quiz where I pick a small group of episodes (maybe 3 or 4) from let's say season 5 of DS9 and have all the questions pertain to only those episodes.
                    interesting idea. I like it
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      interesting idea. I like it
                      Me too.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Yah that shoud work, the young members should remember that movie well.

Comment

That's a great idea! And, ahem, First Contact is a good place to start; I actually have that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            That's a great idea! And, ahem, First Contact is a good place to start; I actually have that one!
                            I have 2 First Contacts, Director's and normal version.

Comment

I love that idea brother Fifth, especially with the Trek movies.

Has anyone else pre-ordered (or plans to rent) the new Stargate movie The Ark of Truth that is coming out on DVD next week?. I'm looking forward to it, especially since I have avoided all spoilers about it.
                              The USS Defiant Rocks!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I'm off to Best Buy, early Tuesday morning.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X