Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
    How do you define goatee? I think he has one once the head gets shaved.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking, I define goatee as whiskers on the chin with a moustache or even side burns that run along the side of the face and around the chin.

I am going to pull out season 6 and season 7 DVD's to check, gives a good excuse to watch them again
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I think he has a goatee around the chin and moustache. Good debate this is.

Comment

...If not a little disturbing! Plus it poked off his chin in later years as well. I think. *shrugs*

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

^ LOL

GOLD FIVE: Stay on topic.
          Missster Freeman: We're straying off topic!
          GOLD FIVE: Stay on topic!

"Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Shall we just rename this the Avery Brooks thunk thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
              I'm still confused. I can't make out if it's a facade he puts out to others or did he genuinely believe he was helping the Bajorans? In Waltz he seems to come out and say he despised them all and should have exterminated them.
              Ever read Orwell's 1984? He describes, at one point, how certain people manage to convince themselves that certain false things are true, without ceasing to believe the things that give the lie to those false beliefs. I think Dukat has brainwashed himself in the same way, so that he simultaneously believes that the Bajorans are hateful and that he loves them like they were his own people.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                Ever read Orwell's 1984? He describes, at one point, how certain people manage to convince themselves that certain false things are true, without ceasing to believe the things that give the lie to those false beliefs. I think Dukat has brainwashed himself in the same way, so that he simultaneously believes that the Bajorans are hateful and that he loves them like they were his own people.
                I agree with that assessment.

DuKat was delusional and extremely confident in his belief that he could get his way with anything and anyone. Do you believe that he actually thought that Kira would be his mistress, girlfriend or even a wife?. Even Kira was amazed at the audacity DuKat had to assume this.

DuKat was ever so devious and brilliantly insane to use Ziyal as a means or even a pawn, to get Kira to spend personal time with him so he could try and charm her. Good stuff!
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                  I agree with that assessment.

DuKat was delusional and extremely confident in his belief that he could get his way with anything and anyone. Do you believe that he actually thought that Kira would be his mistress, girlfriend or even a wife?. Even Kira was amazed at the audacity DuKat had to assume this.

DuKat was ever so devious and brilliantly insane to use Ziyal as a means or even a pawn, to get Kira to spend personal time with him so he could try and charm her. Good stuff!

I also agree with Madeleines and brother Fifths very astute observations.

DuKat was a master at getting what he wanted and when Kira refused him time and time again with even using Ziyal (DuKats Daughter for anyone that isn't familiar) and Kira's mother as a means to an end to get or get to Kira showed his true evilness. The more I think about DuKat the more I wish I would have moved him up on my list of favorite characters.

I wish Madeleine would give us a list of her favorite characters with a brief explanation

Comment

I'd arranged to go to Collectormania in Manchester with a couple of fellow Daniel Hussies from GW. Imagine my delight when I heard that The Sisko himself will be in attendence.

FF, gobsmacked.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                      I'd arranged to go to Collectormania in Manchester with a couple of fellow Daniel Hussies from GW. Imagine my delight when I heard that The Sisko himself will be in attendence.

FF, gobsmacked.
                      Excellent, I heard Avery Brook's (Sisko) talk at a ST convention in San Francisco years ago. Between Worf and Sisko who has the better and deeper voice?

I would be very interested in what Sisko has to say if anything and if hes there to promote anything in paticular?. I would appreciate any kind of report on this Fristfox
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I do feel DS9 is the best Trek so far. It has the best combination of storytelling, character development, and moved in a clear and steady direction. It was consistent and consistently interesting and entertaining. It had the most personality and the clearest sense of identity of any Trek since the original series. TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise all lacked severely in one area or another whether it was a lack of identity, uninteresting characters, or stale storytelling. DS9 is tops in my book, followed very closely by TOS. Everything trails far behind, IMHO.

Comment

I really enjoyed DS9, I actually bought the entire DVD collection. I think I started watching it around Sacrifice of Angels and just got hooked into the story. I really loved that fact that there were more than just the main cast to use. Garak, Martok, Damar, Weyoun, etc. Voyager is my favorite trek but DS9 will always be my number two.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                            I really enjoyed DS9, I actually bought the entire DVD collection. I think I started watching it around Sacrifice of Angels and just got hooked into the story. I really loved that fact that there were more than just the main cast to use. Garak, Martok, Damar, Weyoun, etc. Voyager is my favorite trek but DS9 will always be my number two.
                            Excellent Hirogen!, I to have all seasons of DS9 on DVD and I still never get sick of watching it.

Alot of DS9's appeal is the fact that it had a great and pretty large supporting cast of characters that were not Starfleet members like you mentioned.

Please post up a list of your favorite characters if you would.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by knightone
                              I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I do feel DS9 is the best Trek so far. It has the best combination of storytelling, character development, and moved in a clear and steady direction. It was consistent and consistently interesting and entertaining. It had the most personality and the clearest sense of identity of any Trek since the original series. TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise all lacked severely in one area or another whether it was a lack of identity, uninteresting characters, or stale storytelling. DS9 is tops in my book, followed very closely by TOS. Everything trails far behind, IMHO.

Welcome to the DS9 thread Knightone, I can't agree more with your takes on DS9. From the writing to the character developement to the actual story that was told over 7 seasons makes DS9 superior to all Trek shows. Don't get me wrong I truly love all the ST series but DS9 stands above them all.

Post up a list of your top 10 DS9 characters and brief explanation why.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                                Excellent Hirogen!, I to have all seasons of DS9 on DVD and I still never get sick of watching it.

Alot of DS9's appeal is the fact that it had a great and pretty large supporting cast of characters that were not Starfleet members like you mentioned.

Please post up a list of your favorite characters if you would.
                                Wow this was much more tough than I thought.

Martok- I think he is my favorite character on DS9. I loved that he was a common man that rose to a position of controlling the entire Empire. He knew what was right and seemed to me that he wouldn't become corrupt. If I were a Klingon in that Universe, I would be honored to fight for him.

Garak - I actually felt sorry for Garak, even though he probably did some horrible things while with the OO.

Sisko- I feel that Sisko and Janeway belong to a different era of Captain than Picard. They are willing to do what is necessary to accomplish their goal (Pale Moonlight, Equinox).

I can't believe I am going to say this but, Quark. He was such a jacka** for awhile but when the war broke out he put aside all his mental conditioning of business first, and saved his brother and helped save the Quadrant.

That's all I can think of at the moment, if I think of another I will add them.

Comment

Working...
                                X