Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
    im finally getting some ds9 dvds i can happly say!
    How much are they in the states? (if that's where you are) I was looking at some yesterday, but they're still $65 per season here.....not such a good deal considering I got two seasons of Angel plus two seasons of Stargate all for just over that price.

Granted, Voyager was $120 per season.....

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words Brother Fifth and Missster. I pop in here every now and then I just don't always post. I hope that the both of you had a great Christmas and have a great New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        The Star Trek magazine has been running for about 11 years now. The first issue was in March 1995 and it featured an interview with Patrick Stewart and a Voyager preview. I think (checking Trek_Girl42's post), yeah the one with all the captains on the cover was the first issue for America and Canada, and issue 128 for UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
        I knew there was a magazine called Star Trek, I just thought the way that Trek_Girl mentioned it, that it was something new. Maybe I had to much brandy egg nog when I originally read the post.

Do you get the magazine brother MF?.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Thank goodness.....or I swear I would cry all over this thread, and believe me, you wouldn't want to see that mess.
          No worries Lady Trek, Captain Davis was right about Spike's new scheduling starting on January 2, 2007. It starts off with 1 hour of DS9, 2 hours of TNG and then 2 hours of Voyager for a total of 5 hours a day of Star Trek. DS9 storyline picks up right where it left off 2 weeks ago with the truly great season VI episode Favor the Bold, truly an epic movie-like episode!.

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
          im finally getting some ds9 dvds i can happly say!
          Sweet, are you going to collect the series from the beginning or a specific season mckaychick.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

If you're going for a specific season, I'd recommend getting season 7
            because you get the conclusion to the series, meaning that there's no
            cliffhanger at the end. Plus, there's an episode called, "take me out to
            the holosuite" which sounds interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
              If you're going for a specific season, I'd recommend getting season 7
              because you get the conclusion to the series, meaning that there's no
              cliffhanger at the end. Plus, there's an episode called, "take me out to
              the holosuite" which sounds interesting.
              A fine recommendation Falcon, season VII has a lot to offer and IMHO, the best ending of any scifi series ever. That being said, I would recommend that you pony up a little more money and get seasons VI and VII. Or buy the whole series at once for a better deal.

The episode Take Me Out to the Holosuite is a quite interesting. It is one of those episodes that most people either love it or hate it. Personally I enjoyed it, I wouldn't rank it my top 10 of season VII, but lets just say it was interesting.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                I knew there was a magazine called Star Trek, I just thought the way that Trek_Girl mentioned it, that it was something new. Maybe I had to much brandy egg nog when I originally read the post.

Do you get the magazine brother MF?.
                To be honest, I wasn't sure either until I checked Titan Magazines website. Apparently there was a US magazine called Star Trek: The Magazine. It ran from 1999 and stopped publication in 2003. I originally thought the Titan's Star Trek magazine was American until I found the website. I don't know why Titan didn't publish the magazine in the US and Canada from the outset, as there definitely is a market for it.

I admit, I've only bought one or two copies.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                  To be honest, I wasn't sure either until I checked Titan Magazines website. Apparently there was a US magazine called Star Trek: The Magazine. It ran from 1999 and stopped publication in 2003. I originally thought the Titan's Star Trek magazine was American until I found the website. I don't know why Titan didn't publish the magazine in the US and Canada from the outset, as there definitely is a market for it.
                  Ok, now I don't feel like such a non-informed Trekkie . I was aware of StarTrek:The Magazine and the fact that it was no longer in circulation. I am also aware of a magazine called Star Trek Communicator Magazine which you can only get if you join the offical Star Trek fan club . I was not aware the UK'star Trek Magazine, which I would love to check out.

Thanx for the clarification brother MF, I will do a search online and try to find somewhere I can order the magazine and maybe buy some back-issues.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Ok, now I don't feel like such a non-informed Trekkie . I was aware of StarTrek:The Magazine and the fact that it was no longer in circulation.
                    I love that magazine, I have quite a few issues from it. I stopped buying it though because of the price tag $7.99 (I think*). Every now and then I will look back through my old issues.

Comment

Ok, now I don't feel like such a non-informed Trekkie . I was aware of StarTrek:The Magazine and the fact that it was no longer in circulation. I am also aware of a magazine called Star Trek Communicator Magazine which you can only get if you join the offical Star Trek fan club . I was not aware the UK's: Star Trek Magazine, which I would love to check out.
                      I have quite few of issues of Star Trek: The Magazine brother Fifth. I collected it from the first issue through the first couple years. There is a lot of great inside information, character bio's and interviews with writers, directors and producers, definetly a good read.
                      Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
                      I love that magazine, I have quite a few issues from it. I stopped buying it though because of the price tag $7.99 (I think*). Every now and then I will look back through my old issues.
                      I was kind of struck by the cost per issue when I first started buying it myself brother HG. I ended up susscribing to it for a couple years and I think I saved like $3 per issue. To bad it doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                        I have quite few of issues of Star Trek: The Magazine brother Fifth. I collected it from the first issue through the first couple years. There is a lot of great inside information, character bio's and interviews with writers, directors and producers, definetly a good read.
                        Excellent brother Base, I will give you a call tonight and try to get over to your house this weekend to pick them up.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The episode Take Me Out to the Holosuite is a quite interesting. It is one of those episodes that most people either love it or hate it. Personally I enjoyed it, I wouldn't rank it my top 10 of season VII, but lets just say it was interesting.
                          Take Me Out to the Holosuite was one of those episodes I didn't care for at all when I first viewed it during its original airing. I guess it was because the Dominion War was in full effect and the very few stand alone episodes they did in season 7 were more of a distraction than appreciated. I have since re-watched Take Me Out to the Holosuite a few times and have learned to enjoy the episode. Plus the team that Sisko captained is called the DS9 Niners, while they wore the offical San Francisco Giants Black caps with the Orange intertwined SF lettering in front. With me being a die-hard San Francisco Giant's and 49er fan, that was a beautiful sight .

Comment

Take Me Out to the Holosuite was one of those episodes I didn't care for at all when I first viewed it during its original airing. I guess it was because the Dominion War was in full effect and the very few stand alone episodes they did in season 7 were more of a distraction than appreciated. I have since re-watched Take Me Out to the Holosuite a few times and have learned to enjoy the episode. Plus the team that Sisko captained is called the DS9 Niners, while they wore the offical San Francisco Giants Black caps with the Orange intertwined SF lettering in front. With me being a die-hard San Francisco Giant's and 49er fan, that was a beautiful sight .
                            Season 7 has some great episodes imo. I remember when i first picked up my DS9 S7 DVD set and noticed this in the episode where Kor comes back, it's very grainy. You can see it in the very dark scenes. I was disapointed with that, otherwise happy overall.

Comment

Take Me Out to the Holosuite was one of those episodes I didn't care for at all when I first viewed it during its original airing. I guess it was because the Dominion War was in full effect and the very few stand alone episodes they did in season 7 were more of a distraction than appreciated. I have since re-watched Take Me Out to the Holosuite a few times and have learned to enjoy the episode. Plus the team that Sisko captained is called the DS9 Niners, while they wore the official San Francisco Giants Black caps with the Orange intertwined SF lettering in front. With me being a die-hard San Francisco Giant's and 49er fan, that was a beautiful sight .
                              Awww yes, the DS9ers with the SF Giants caps, I immediatly liked that episode a little more when I first saw the Giants caps.

I know what ya mean brother Base, a couple of those stand alones in season VII left a little to be desired and like you mentioned with the Dominion War arc coming to a head, it was like you didn't want any interruptions leading up to the climax.

That being said there some quite funny moments from Take Me Out to the Holosuite ..... the conversation Bashir and O'Brien have about chewing gum. Without recapping the entire exchange, I'll just say the point where Miles says "scotch" is a masterstroke of comic timing on the part of the multitalented Colm Meaney..... Watching Odo practice his umpiring "moves" was fun, and Worf's deathly competitive attitude benefited from a few nicely placed lines like, "Death to the opposition!" (Besides, no one can make the line "We will destroy them" sound half as good as Worf.)
                              Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
                              Season 7 has some great episodes imo. I remember when i first picked up my DS9 S7 DVD set and noticed this in the episode where Kor comes back, it's very grainy. You can see it in the very dark scenes. I was disapointed with that, otherwise happy overall.
                              I know what you mean about the graininess in some of the scenes where the back-drop is dark. I have noticed this with all the Star Trek series on DVD and also with some of the Stargate Box Set's as well.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Take Me Out to the Holosuite is mainly a character study of the DS9 crew, and a sidenote to the Vulcan character as well.

It's not to be taken too seriously, just as a fun sidebar episode to the rest of the season's main plot. It could probably have been located almost anywhere in the series, from season 2 onward, and worked as well.

This episode has been called a filler episode. Yep, I admit it, that's probably what it was. But even so, is that bad? I don't think so. The cast and the viewers do need a little time every now and again to put the Dominion War out of their minds.

This episode was well written and great fun. We all know how much Sisko loves baseball. We get to see him teach his crew how to play.

My favorite line has to be when Nog doesn't know what to do when one of the Vulcans doesn't touch home plate. Worf's response? "Find him and kill him." Haha... I was laughing hysterically after that quote! Nog ends up getting the player out, thankfully. (He nearly tags him, but has to throw the ball home when the Vulcan avoids his tag.) Side note: Are they saying that all Vulcans look alike?
                                The USS Defiant Rocks!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X