• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

A case of distant relative perhaps? The similarities are just as striking there.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        Spoiler:

I remember the first time I saw Terminator 3 thinking the same thing, I spent along time thinking they were the same actors, it was also long before I had IMDB
        LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
        Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
        99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Ooopps double post
          Last edited by SpinningChevron; 07 April 2011, 05:20 PM. Reason: sorry just a double post
          LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
          Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,

Comment

As promised brother Fifth and other ringers I have submitted a quiz based on Voyager S1. Follow the link if you guys think you are smart enough. Despite what brother DigiFluids says, it is canon.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Congrats on 10,000 posts my friend. I'm glad you shared it with your superior thread family. We are approaching 20,000 replies/posts on this thread. I will have to plan something special.
              Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              It's this very disturbing moment you alluded to, especially when Kira sees her reflection in a mirror then smashes the mirror in hatred, that's really the emotional heart of the episode. That's a rather fantastic case where the character believed the lie, the audience almost did too.
              Well said brother Fuzz -- For me personally this episode (Second Skin) is really about how Kira finally accepts a lie after having it drilled into her head over and over. It also gives Kira a chance to develop a friendship with Cardassian Ghemor, who adamantly claims he's her father. The scenes between Kira and Ghemor are right on target, because they're both victims of the same deception (the underhanded plotting by Cardassian Entek to expose Ghemor as a traitor trying to bring hange to Cardassian society). The score was one of the best from the entire series!.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Great thread. Read part of it. Deep Space Nine is easily my favourite trek series. Season 6, followed by 5 are the best.

As others have said, Garak would be part of the main cast on any other show. Easily my favourite character out of every science fiction show or movie.

Comment

Welcome aboard Elim. A lot of the Garak goodness IMO has to do with Andy Robinson's skills as an actor. He really seemed to get under the skin of the character in a way that few actors manage, particularly when playing aliens. Garak is definitely one of my favorite DS9 characters.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elim View Post
                    Great thread. Read part of it. Deep Space Nine is easily my favourite trek series. Season 6, followed by 5 are the best.

As others have said, Garak would be part of the main cast on any other show. Easily my favourite character out of every science fiction show or movie.

Welcome Elim, you're not a spy are you?

Ah Garak, one of my favourite Star Trek characters, so calm yet sharp as a pin and distant but when needed was on the front-line trying to save the home the pushed him into the hands of his enemies in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
                      Welcome Elim, you're not a spy are you?

Ah Garak, one of my favourite Star Trek characters, so calm yet sharp as a pin and distant but when needed was on the front-line trying to save the home the pushed him into the hands of his enemies in the first place.

The most charming EVIL character Trek has ever produced.

Comment

I wouldn't call Garek evil. He definitly had a moral gray ground but he wasn't evil
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I wouldn't call Garek evil. He definitly had a moral gray ground but he wasn't evil
                          I would agree. If you're looking for evil, Dukat is more in line with that.

Comment

Yeah, must say I agree with you. Garak was a complex personality.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                              Congrats on 10,000 posts my friend. I'm glad you shared it with your superior thread family. We are approaching 20,000 replies/posts on this thread. I will have to plan something special.
                              Congrat's brother CF. You should do one of your uber "all purpose Trek quizzes" brother Fifth, and maybe have gift's to the best quiz score - the worst quiz score - the funniest and most sarcastic award - etc... I would be willing to donate some Trek related items that you could use as part of the give-away (I could throw in a couple Star Trek DVD Box Set's (from DS9, TNG or VOY). I know you talked about doing this in the past. You have my email addy, let me know

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                                Welcome aboard Elim. A lot of the Garak goodness IMO has to do with Andy Robinson's skills as an actor. He really seemed to get under the skin of the character in a way that few actors manage, particularly when playing aliens. Garak is definitely one of my favorite DS9 characters.
                                Well said maneth. Andrew Robinson came into DS9 with quite the acting pedigree (his portrayal as Scorpio in Dirty Harry was brilliant and creepy all in one), not to mention his work with Shakespeare theatre as well. His portrayal of Garak was by far his best work, and IMO one of the best scifi characters from any show or series period.

Marc Alaimo's portrayal of Dukat was on par and equally as brilliant as Robinson's Garak - With those two, along with Casey Bigg's (as Damar) - they made the Cardassian's utterly fascinating to watch. A lot of people say the Bajoran's, Klingon's, Romulan's, the Dominion ..etc.. were the shining stars of DS9, while all are truly great, my vote goes for the Cardassian's.

Comment

Working...
                                X