Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Too bad they didn't put all of the Borg episodes on- they couldn't have missed that many..... There were what- five in TNG, probably quite a few more then that in VOY though.
    If you go to startrek.com you can vote for some more fan DVD's right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis View Post
      Ooh thanks! Missed it last time.

Comment

Nice! I've just purchased four of the Star Trek Special Edition DVDs. So that's me all out of £££s for the next week or two.

I was looking at this the other night. If I was to come up with a fan collective set, I'd create "The Greatest Battles" edition. We'd be spoiled for choice when it came to the DS9 battles. That's not to say Voyager and Enterprise didn't have their fair share of ship-to-ship action as well. Ack! I can't think of any battle versus the USS Enterprise, apart from "Best of Both Worlds." There were more stand-off's in TNG and TOS than anything else. Damn, I got nothing at the minute...

Looking at both collectives from a DS9 perspective; I'd like to see Sisko episodes from the beginning, middle, and end of his story. I'm trying to think who could be the choice for the 'honorary captain' episode? Possibly Kira, Worf and Martok? I'd like to see a Martok episode in there. Again, DS9 is spoiled for choice when it comes to the Mirror Universe. I would choose "Crossover" and "Through the Looking Glass" as they're my two favourite AU episodes. I'd also include "Children of Time" as it's an alternate reality/timeline type episode.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Well, Worf is my favorite 24th century Captain.

Comment

Well on startrek.com a few months back they gave you the option to vote for your favorite Borg episodes and it's what the fans voted for. All of my choices made it on the dvd.
            I just ordered the Borg: fan collective last week online, I have the other 3 and even though I haven't gotten around to watching them all, I love the choice of episodes. Trek fans are the savviest of scifi fanatics, and we all seem to have similar taste (good taste that is ) in favorite episodes. I'm curious Captain Davis, what did it cost you?.

I notice that it has Endgame game listed, but it doesn't specify if its part I, part II or both parts. I can't imagine them putting just half a two part episode, does it have both parts Captain David or anyone else that might know?.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
              I just ordered the Borg: fan collective last week online, I have the other 3 and even though I haven't gotten around to watching them all, I love the choice of episodes. Trek fans are the savviest of scifi fanatics, and we all seem to have similar taste (good taste that is ) in favorite episodes. I'm curious Captain Davis, what did it cost you?.

I notice that it has Endgame game listed, but it doesn't specify if its part I, part II or both parts. I can't imagine them putting just half a two part episode, does it have both parts Captain David or anyone else that might know?.
              Well it cost me 30$ US. And yes Endgame is meshed together into 2 fun borg hours.

Comment

That is frustrating- I really wish some of these eps weren't doubled between sets. I've got Trials and Tribbleations on both the sets I've got.

And I don't understand how an ep like Endgame could make it onto two sets- it should have gone on the Borg and had something else put on he Time Travel.

Edit: However for the next two potential sets, the list of episodes that could make it on would make for some potentially addictive viewing! I know I had a hard time chooseing what to vote for.

Comment

Well, I picked Futures End for VGR. I think you know why.

Comment

Season VI DS9 episode discussion
                    Episode # 20 [B]His Way
                    Being an older person who listened to his parents play Sinatra off of LP records, I found the Vince Fontaine character quite entertaining and an excellent plot device for connecting the future to the past. From this episode to the end of the series Vince pops up (frequently) as a way of comforting, counseling and providing a contrast to the horrors of war, which the DS9 regulars must face constantly. He's sort of the USO or Bob Hope of the Dominion war.

There is a LOT of him and for those who don't like older pop music or don't get the point of Vince, his featured episodes can be a bit of a distraction. I relate very strongly to the idea of a hologram helping you get through some hard times because during the very worst periods I have ever faced, I used Computer gaming and Star Trek to get me through. A little fantasy and distraction is a lot healthier than booze or drugs....

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                      Nice! I've just purchased four of the Star Trek Special Edition DVDs. So that's me all out of £££s for the next week or two.
                      Money well spent brother MF

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                      I was looking at this the other night. If I was to come up with a fan collective set, I'd create "The Greatest Battles" edition. We'd be spoiled for choice when it came to the DS9 battles. That's not to say Voyager and Enterprise didn't have their fair share of ship-to-ship action as well. Ack! I can't think of any battle versus the USS Enterprise, apart from "Best of Both Worlds." There were more stand-off's in TNG and TOS than anything else. Damn, I got nothing at the minute...

Looking at both collectives from a DS9 perspective; I'd like to see Sisko episodes from the beginning, middle, and end of his story. I'm trying to think who could be the choice for the 'honorary captain' episode? Possibly Kira, Worf and Martok? I'd like to see a Martok episode in there. Again, DS9 is spoiled for choice when it comes to the Mirror Universe. I would choose "Crossover" and "Through the Looking Glass" as they're my two favourite AU episodes. I'd also include "Children of Time" as it's an alternate reality/timeline type episode.
                      I love your idea for a fan collective edition of great Battle episodes, that would probably turn out to be the best selling one.

How about do they a best of fan collective for each series. Fan Collective:TOS, Fan Collective:TNG, Fan Collective: DS9 ...etc... I would gladly purchase all of those.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That is frustrating- I really wish some of these eps weren't doubled between sets. I've got Trials and Tribbleations on both the sets I've got.

And I don't understand how an ep like Endgame could make it onto two sets- it should have gone on the Borg and had something else put on he Time Travel.
                        I noticed that as well Lady Trek, that is kind of lame to have repeat episodes on each collective box set. But I can see why they did it, not everyone is going to end up collecting them all, so to leave out a fan voted favorite because it is on another fan collective box set isn't to fair to Trek fan that only wants to purchase one particular set.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                          Being an older person who listened to his parents play Sinatra off of LP records, I found the Vince Fontaine character quite entertaining and an excellent plot device for connecting the future to the past. From this episode to the end of the series Vince pops up (frequently) as a way of comforting, counseling and providing a contrast to the horrors of war, which the DS9 regulars must face constantly. He's sort of the USO or Bob Hope of the Dominion war.
                          Good ole Vic, I wonder if Dr. Bashir programmed him to be used the way he was. The good Dr. did invite everyone into the holosuite as a social gathering to kind of introduce everyone to the Vic Fontaine program. This whole episode did have a USO feeling to it. It also reminded me and had the feeling of a TOS episode.

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                          There is a LOT of him and for those who don't like older pop music or don't get the point of Vince, his featured episodes can be a bit of a distraction. I relate very strongly to the idea of a hologram helping you get through some hard times because during the very worst periods I have ever faced, I used Computer gaming and Star Trek to get me through. A little fantasy and distraction is a lot healthier than booze or drugs....
                          IMO Vic was never a distraction when he appeared in the handful of episodes he did. But he did provide a great distraction to the DS9 crew members that used his program and in the spirit you mentioned.

Remember, Quark and Rom arranged it so the Vic Fontaine program could run non-stop for anyone to use.

Comment

Couple thoughts on recent eps

Spoiler:
                            Wow! Events are coming crazy fast now! Odo got his shapeshifting back- I loved his reaciton after he became the hawk. Sweet episode for Odo- especially the scene where he tried to get Quark to have a drink with him.

And Bashir being replaced... holy ****! Never, ever saw that coming. And Martok's eye was cool too- and Dominion ships coming through the wormhole *shivers* can't wait for tomorrow's conclusion.

Comment

Couple thoughts on recent eps

Spoiler:
                              Wow! Events are coming crazy fast now! Odo got his shapeshifting back- I loved his reaciton after he became the hawk. Sweet episode for Odo- especially the scene where he tried to get Quark to have a drink with him.

And Bashir being replaced... holy ****! Never, ever saw that coming. And Martok's eye was cool too- and Dominion ships coming through the wormhole *shivers* can't wait for tomorrow's conclusion.
                              The second episode you're talking about is my favourite story in season 5. Two great set-up episodes for the season's conclusion. I liked the twist in the episode
                              Spoiler:
                              when you realise that the Founders mislead Odo into believing that Gowron was the Changeling. It was also a welcome surprise to see Martok again, which had me wondering for weeks on end if he could possibly be still alive after we found out he had been replaced.

ETA: Yeah, the Bashir replacement was a definite OH MY GOD moment when we watched it. Brilliant stuff!
                              I really hope you aren't spoiled before the second part, because it gets even better. You'll just have to wait and see what happens inside the
                              Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 16 November 2006, 01:54 PM.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                                The second episode you're talking about is my favourite story in season 5. Two great set-up episodes for the season's conclusion. I liked the twist in the episode
                                Spoiler:
                                when you realise that the Founders mislead Odo into believing that Gowron was the Changeling. It was also a welcome surprise to see Martok again, which had me wondering for weeks on end if he could possibly be still alive after we found out he had been replaced.

ETA: Yeah, the Bashir replacement was a definite OH MY GOD moment when we watched it. Brilliant stuff!
                                I really hope you aren't spoiled before the second part, because it gets even better. You'll just have to wait and see what happens inside the
                                No, I haven't been spoiled! After that second revelation and that ending, well, it seems anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X