Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    Garak was the consumate Cardassian, arrogant, obnoxious, a gentleman, smart, cunning, untrustworthy and will always be #1 in my book for Cardassians. But the way Damar turned himself around and eventually sacrificed himself for the good of his people and planet made him an unforgettable character!.
    He was oddly gentleman-like at some points then the next he'd turn on folk, like Ezri. Remember when he started shouting at her when she tried to help with his claustraphobia and he said along the lines of: "You don't deserve to be a Dax! Jadzia was self assured, confident. How can you help me, you can't even help yourself! Now get out of here before i say something unkind."

I mean, it was fair enough, he was right, but he could've put it a little nicer, given she was basically a child. Did the trick though in all fairness!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
      He was oddly gentleman-like at some points then the next he'd turn on folk, like Ezri. Remember when he started shouting at her when she tried to help with his claustraphobia and he said along the lines of: "You don't deserve to be a Dax! Jadzia was self assured, confident. How can you help me, you can't even help yourself! Now get out of here before i say something unkind."

I mean, it was fair enough, he was right, but he could've put it a little nicer, given she was basically a child. Did the trick though in all fairness!
      I can relate with Garak on his claustraphobia, I to suffer from it and I have been un-gentlemanly like more than a few times over my life when put in a compromising postion. When you panic, fright takes over and being nice is the last thing on your mind!. I get chills and kind of live the whole experience with Garak everytime I watch that season 5 episode "By Inferno's Light" where they escaped from the Dominion asteroid prison. Great 2 part episode!!.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I just re-watched the episode 'In the Pale Moonlight' after not seeing since it first aired years ago. I have heard more than a few times on this thread about how much everyone loved it and in fact most of you ranked it as there favorite episode. All I can say is wow and I can't agree anymore!. What a truly intriguing episode and storyline.

You can see the internal struggle Sisko had with himself in even comprehending the idea of bringing the Romulans into the war as an ally. Once he made his mind up, even though he still struggled with it, he pushed on no matter how dark and sinister the plot became. This is truly one of Garaks and Sisko's best episodes, Garak in paticular was the consumate Cardassian with his cold, calculating and smart ideals about achieving the main goal (bringing the Romulans into the war on our side), simply brilliant!. Reminds me of just how damn good DS9 was and still is!!!.

Is it just me, or does any episode involving the Romulans (on a Star Trek series or movie) make it 'must watch' ?.

Comment

I completely agree with everything you said but especially the last sentence. For me, it's because they're so mysterious. Plus, they're tech is IMO the best around. Their ships are immense, the d'deridex class is simply amazing. And they can cloak. The romulans are by far my favourite race in ST and the fact we know so little about them makes it much better. Makes Nemesis that little bit more interesting given we find out about the remans and get to see more of romulas.

Comment

I right there with both you two (Starbase and Anubis69). There is just something about the Romulans that make me want to watch.

'In the Pale Moonlight' as I have stated before is the best. Sure Garak and Sisko shined as usual but the storyline and what they did to achieve there goal was so 'un-Federation like' it really humanized Sisko and made the Federation officers not look so much like automatons going by the rule of law on everything. In times of war (especially facing imminent defeat) you must think and act outside the box, even if it means putting your beliefs on hold temporarily. I might just pull that DVD out of my collection and give it watch today

By the way, Merry Christmas Anubis 69 and Starbase. Nothing like talking about Star Trek and DS9 in paticular on Christmas day
            Last edited by the Fifth Race; 25 December 2005, 06:42 AM.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Cheers, Merry Christmas to you (all) as well. (and that includes the two "lurkers" who i can see. i'm looking at you Kliggins and Missster.Freeman! )

Comment

hehe Anubis69

That was three great posts. Thanks Fifth Race, Anubis69 and Starbase, I really enjoyed reading them. You all get green from me! And I'm green with envy at you Fifth Race, being able to watch DS9 on christmas day
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

DS9 is my favorite of all the Star Trek series with the final episode being one of my favorites of all the final episodes from any series I have seen.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                    Cheers, Merry Christmas to you (all) as well. (and that includes the two "lurkers" who i can see. i'm looking at you Kliggins and Missster.Freeman! )
                    I am not lurking any more.

Merry Christmas to all!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                      hehe Anubis69

That was three great posts. Thanks Fifth Race, Anubis69 and Starbase, I really enjoyed reading them. You all get green from me! And I'm green with envy at you Fifth Race, being able to watch DS9 on christmas day
                      Why thank you Mister Freeman and I agree, my good friends Aunbis69 and Starbase know how to bring it especially when ST and DS9 are the topic!.

I am sharing green with all you as well!

Long live the 'DS9 superior' thread! I am going to start discussing paticular episodes starting the first of the year on this great thread!

Merry Christmas as well Mister Freeman.
                      Last edited by the Fifth Race; 25 December 2005, 07:58 AM.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                        DS9 is my favorite of all the Star Trek series with the final episode being one of my favorites of all the final episodes from any series I have seen.

I totally agree Kliggins! the last two part episode "What you leave Behind' parts I and II were simply fantastic. They were the best ending episodes to any series (scifi or not!).

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you as well Kliggins!
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

You spelt my name wrong, i'm hurt!!

Individual episodes?! Excellent *makes burns hands clasping action*... chronological, or the big episodes first?

Comment

chronological please. I need a refresher, it's been a few years since I've watched any episode. Yep, I know, it's my own fault for not buying the DVDs... but I will

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                              chronological please. I need a refresher, it's been a few years since I've watched any episode. Yep, I know, it's my own fault for not buying the DVDs... but I will
                              I am going to start re-watching DS9 from the beginning starting in January (I got alot of free time from work this time of year ) I have all the seasons on DVD, so we will start the episode and season discussions from season I on in chronological order

I fixed the mis-spelling of your very cool name Anubis69 not 96
                              Last edited by the Fifth Race; 25 December 2005, 08:52 AM.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Good stuff I'm going to buy the first season on DVD in January. I Should be able to buy it cheaper from play.com than high street stores

Comment

Working...
                                X