No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who don't know Armin Shimerman (Quark) is on the new episode of Warehouse 13.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      For those who don't know Armin Shimerman (Quark) is on the new episode of Warehouse 13.
      Sweet!. I finally caught up with W-13 the other night - after the ok season II premiere the show has been lights out in it's sophmore season (I'm digging it big time!) I know you aren't a Eureka fan - wow that show has improved this season with the whole alternate universe angle, i'm a fan again.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
        Sweet!. I finally caught up with W-13 the other night - after the ok season II premiere the show has been lights out in it's sophmore season (I'm digging it big time!) I know you aren't a Eureka fan - wow that show has improved this season with the whole alternate universe angle, i'm a fan again.
        I'm with you Brother Fifth. I really enjoy both shows, although I don't try to analyze them like I would for a show like DS9 or SGU as they are in different categories for me. Both shows have had a DS9 character this season. It was good to see Armin last night, it's always amazing to me when someone who was an alien in Star Trek can play someone normal but you can still see the actor right away.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          I'm with you Brother Fifth. I really enjoy both shows, although I don't try to analyze them like I would for a show like DS9 or SGU as they are in different categories for me. Both shows have had a DS9 character this season. It was good to see Armin last night, it's always amazing to me when someone who was an alien in Star Trek can play someone normal but you can still see the actor right away.
          W13 had too DS9 actors this season. I think Rene's Auberjonsis was better but to be fair he had a lot more material then Armin.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

W13 had too DS9 actors this season. I think Rene's Auberjonsis was better but to be fair he had a lot more material then Armin.
            O yeah, I get the shows mixed up in my head sometimes and very true on Rene, he was sort of a lead guest character and did a great job!
            sigpic

Comment

Season 3 - "Explorers" I liked how this episode was written, the drama was good and the adventure was fun and exciting as well. Cool look at ancient Bajor
              I enjoyed all the wonderful scenes between Sisko and Jake - both Avery Brooks and Cirroc Lofton bring a genuine sense of believability to the relationship, they have always worked well together. And even when the plot presents them with a breaking down ship, the plot wisely plays down all remnants of a jeopardy angle and keeps the focus on the core character elements.
              The USS Defiant Rocks!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Season 3 - "Facets"

An interesting insight into Jadzia and Curzon. I loved getting to see Curzon as an individual since we hear so much about him from Sisko. Also cool that Odo got to experience being humanoid for a bit.

Season 3 - "The Adversary"

A powerful glimpse into how much damage one changling can cause. A great cat and mouse episode with a story that really drew me in.

Season 4 - "The Way of the Warrior I & II"

What a powerful 2 part season opener. Work returns, but faces new challenges on DS9 and does not feel like he is filling the same role he played on TNG. The interplay with the Klingons, Worf questioning Martok's sons honor and possibly Martok's own was bold and the battle with the station was awesome indeed. I imagine this opener drew some new fans to DS9 is they weren't already watching!
                sigpic

Comment

You would be right, Spimman. There's an interesting little tale regarding just how this feature-length season opener came to be, actually.

See, originally the plan was to have Season Four's "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost" end the third season and begin the fourth, respectively. But for whatever reason, Paramount had told the producers specifically not to end the third season on a cliffhanger of any kind. (Interestingly, no season of DS9 ever ended on a literal 'to be continued', despite seasons obviously concluding on powerful, stage-setting notes several times.) So with that scrapped, they went about crafting "The Adversary", which ends on a rather open note instead: things are obviously going down and getting crazier in the Alpha Quadrant, but where to next was anyone's guess.

The studio had also told the producers they were expected to "shake things up a little" in the coming year, no doubt to help somewhat sagging ratings pick themselves back up. Unsure of how to begin the new year, but forced to change up the dynamic, Ira Steven Behr, who rewatched "The Die Is Cast" and was struck by the Female Changeling's line about how soon the only powers in the Alpha Quadrant who could stand against them would be the Federation and the Klingons, decided this should be addressed. He asked Rick Berman about bringing the Klingons into the fold in a big, bold way, and the latter loved the idea and suggested Worf get thrown into the mix, too. A win-win situation: a fresh new aspect and a ratings winner.

"Homefront" and "Paradise Lost", of course, managed to show up after all, later on in the season. Although Behr notes retrospectively that the Klingon-Cardassian War did throw the producers off from their original intent to rush into the Dominion ordeal more immediately, overall I'd say we all won.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Thanks Brother Jeff, that is very interesting indeed! Glad you've joined the superior thread!
                    sigpic

Comment

Whens that.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                        Whens that.
                        It was on last night.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Season 3 - "Facets" - An interesting insight into Jadzia and Curzon. I loved getting to see Curzon as an individual since we hear so much about him from Sisko. Also cool that Odo got to experience being humanoid for a bit.
                          The whole idea of this episode is Jadzia facing up to Curzon, which ends up working quite well. Jadzia wants to know why he washed her out of the program and then let her coast through the second time around. He tells her that he didn't think she had what it takes the first time, then felt sorry for her the second time. Then he tells her that he wants to stay joined with Odo rather than returning.

Jadzia is obviously disturbed. Sisko gives her a Pep Speech, telling her how stubborn and downright wrong Curzon can be. When Jadzia finally confronts Curzon again, we get the episode's aforementioned "revelation," in which Curzon reveals that he washed Jadzia out of the program because he was in love with her and couldn't handle the pressure of the situation. It's an interesting and quite believable revelation, and I also like the way Curzon and Jadzia come to terms with the situation, ending with Curzon accepting his rightful place inside the Dax symbiont.
                          The USS Defiant Rocks!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                            Those are awesome brother Fuzz. I'm sure brother Starbase will be estatic when he gets back in town (him and his wife are out of town for a mini-vacation), which means I'm the sucker left to take care of there pets. I particulary like the 4th one where you get a full-shot of Martok's flowing hair.
                            Thanks Brother Fifth. I was trying to get Martok's cool chancellor's robe in the 4th avatar as well but that just wasn't possible with a 120 x 120 avatar.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                              The whole idea of this episode is Jadzia facing up to Curzon, which ends up working quite well. Jadzia wants to know why he washed her out of the program and then let her coast through the second time around. He tells her that he didn't think she had what it takes the first time, then felt sorry for her the second time. Then he tells her that he wants to stay joined with Odo rather than returning.

Jadzia is obviously disturbed. Sisko gives her a Pep Speech, telling her how stubborn and downright wrong Curzon can be. When Jadzia finally confronts Curzon again, we get the episode's aforementioned "revelation," in which Curzon reveals that he washed Jadzia out of the program because he was in love with her and couldn't handle the pressure of the situation. It's an interesting and quite believable revelation, and I also like the way Curzon and Jadzia come to terms with the situation, ending with Curzon accepting his rightful place inside the Dax symbiont.
                              One of the things I liked about that episode was many of the actors, especially Colm Meaney and Nana Visitor, got to show off their acting talents a bit by playing a character different from the ones we're used to seeing. Tobin, Leela and Audrid really came across as distinctly different from O'Brien, Kira, and Quark.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Brother Jeff, that is very interesting indeed! Glad you've joined the superior thread!
                                Glad to be here!
                                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X