Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USS Defiant
    Note:.....
    If you remember on TNG, Beverly and Wesley went on a few missions together and some would be considered rather dangerous, including the time that Wesley almost got executed because he unkowingly stepped on a grassy area that was stictly forbidden.
    And I had just clensed that episode from memory.....

Kira's mother was involved with Dukat! That is just plain.....odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      And I had just clensed that episode from memory.....
      That episode should be sentenced to death! "And we're running..."

While "Wrongs Darker than Death or Night" gave us some more backstory for Kira, the episode itself is one I could avoid easily.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
        It is a time travel episode actually. Kira uses an Orb to travel back to the Occupation.
        Hmmm, I guess interpret the Orb of time and what it does differently. When someone uses the Orb of Time they go back as a neutral observer of the events that are happening, almost like its an interactive hologram reply. The person that uses the Orb cannot change the events to alter or change the time-line and they cannot go back as who they currently are in there time-line. It's definetly not like the time travel we saw on ENT with the temporal war.

If not anything else, it is an interesting debate, more so than the episode itself.
        The USS Defiant Rocks!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Hmmm, I guess interpret the Orb of time and what it does differently. When someone uses the Orb of Time they go back as a neutral observer of the events that are happening, almost like its an interactive hologram reply. The person that uses the Orb cannot change the events to alter or change the time-line and they cannot go back as who they currently are in there time-line. It's definetly not like the time travel we saw on ENT with the temporal war.

If not anything else, it is an interesting debate, more so than the episode itself.
          Didn't they use the Orb of Time to interfere in Trials and Tribbleations though?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            Didn't they use the Orb of Time to interfere in Trials and Tribbleations though?
            I actually thought about that episode when making my post TrekGirl. The time line was restored to how it happened originally with Kirk exposing Darvin. Maybe the Prophets would stop them if there actions were going to alter the time-line. Or maybe the Prophets helped Jadzia and Sisko to stop Darvin?. It is an interesting debate.

I was comparing it to what I consider classical "time travel" where you go back as yourself and could alter the time-line by what happened in ENT and the movie "The Butterfly Effect" (simply stepping on a Butterfly or any insect can dramatically alter events throughout the time-line).
            The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

If you remember on TNG, Beverly and Wesley went on a few missions together and some would be considered rather dangerous, including the time that Wesley almost got executed because he unkowingly stepped on a grassy area that was stictly forbidden.
              "Justice". What a horrible episode. IMO, the worst TNG ever did.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Won't get any arguement here.

Comment

lolol, I agree, some of those early season 1 episodes on TNG left a lot to be desired. Although in the episode "Justice" it was interesting to watch Picard have to deal with juggling the Prime Directive and his personal feelings for Beverly and Wesley and for not being responsible for another Crusher being killed under his watch. I liked Beverly's character in that episode.
                  The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

The concept for the entire episode was just YUCK! "Yes... thats right... we switch randomly between places considered crime hotspots and if you happen to be doing the wrong thing at the wrong time we'll kill you! MWAHAHA!"

However, the episode did explore a couple of interesting issues and themes.
                    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

I found a few more pieces of interesting information of Starfleet rules and regulations other than the general orders I posted earlier. The General Orders I posted are Regulation #1 in the Starfleet manual, there are 5 Regulations in total, here are the other 4.....

Note:...this is the Readers Digest version, otherwise it would take way to many pages to post in whole

Regulation II - Accusations of Misconduct
                      Accusations of misconduct on the part of a StarFleet Command officer shall be made promptly in writing to the immediate commanding officer of the accusing officer. The commanding officer shall immediately thereafter forward the accusation to the C-n-C who, in-turn, shall immediately inform the JAG. In the event the accusation involves the C-n-C, the accusation shall be directly forwarded to the JAG by the commanding officer of the accusing officer.

Regulation III - Offences

Category I Offenses:

1. Disobeying a General Order (with the exception of the 1st Order)
                      2. Insubordination
                      3. Conduct Unbecoming an Officer
                      4. Sedition and/or Treason

Any officer found guilty of a Category I offense may be demoted, and/or any other punishment which the Joint Chiefs, in its sole discretion, may see fit to impose.

Category II Offenses:

1. All other offenses.

Any officer found guilty of a Category II offense shall be subject to the following discipline:

1st offense - Written Warning or demotion
                      2nd offense (w/in 6 months) - Written Warning or demotion or dismissal
                      3rd offense (w/in 6 months of second offense) - Demotion or Dismissal
                      4th offense (w/in 6 months of 3rd offense) - Dismissal

Regulation IV - Right to appeal
                      All officers of StarFleet Command found guilty of a Category I or Category II offense may either accept and agree to the specifications of charges lodged against them or they may request an appeal.

To file your appeal you must make a submission to the JAG office, a form is available online for you to do so by going to the JAG office from the main index page. Do NOT post it on a message board.

Once a matter has been submitted to JAG there is no turning back, all matters in the hands of JAG will follow the appropriate course until a verdict is set down.

Once the JAG has received an application, it shall set a hearing date and then it will proceed with its rules of conduct which are itemized in the JAG policies section. At this time the officer charged with an offense shall not use the SFC name in game and shall be teporarily suspended of all rank and privileges until such a time as the JAG has handed down its verdict.

Regulation V - Your Defense
                      You have the right to be defended as is prescribed in the JAG policies section. The advocate chosen will be your council and will do the best he can to clear you of charges and have you reinstated to active duty.

Comment

I wish we saw the Breen homeworld.... remember Weyoun said it wasn't a frozen wasteland? (or something like that).

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                          I wish we saw the Breen homeworld.... remember Weyoun said it wasn't a frozen wasteland? (or something like that).
                          He told Damar that it wasn't. Maybe he was just toying with him?
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

He told Damar that it wasn't. Maybe he was just toying with him?
                            Yeah I don't know...and don't Kira and Dukat know what a Breen really looks like. There was an episode where they rescued Dukat's daughter from a Breen prison camp.

Comment

I'll bet the Breen are like the Chigs from Space: Above and Beyond. The suits they wear could be environment suits, so they can get around in our oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere. Oh and they probably go all squidgy and dissolve if you give them water.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                                Breen does mean Glacier in Norwegien. If you read through the article I post iy will shed a lot of light on the Breen and misconceptions.......

Breen
                                The Breen are a reclusive, powerful, and warlike humanoid race, native to the planet Breen in the Alpha Quadrant.

History and Politics
                                Shrouded in mystery, the Breen have been discovered to be one of the most underestimated races inhabiting the Alpha Quadrant. From what is known, their reputation can be summed up in a Romulan saying: "Never turn your back on a Breen". (DS9: "By Inferno's Light")

Historically, the Klingons were among the first to discover the consequences of underestimating the Breen. During the Klingon Second Empire, Chancellor Mow'ga ordered an entire fleet of Klingon warships to invade and conquer the Breen homeworld. The fleet never returned and was never heard from again. (DS9: "Til Death Do Us Part")

While the size of the Klingon fleet is unknown, it can be assumed that it consisted of a large number of ships, due to the fact the Chancellor intended on invading deep into Breen space and conquering the Breen home planet. This shows that the Breen were a force to be reckoned with long before the 24th century.

Even by the 24th century, much was still unknown about the Breen and their otherwise politically unaligned government, known as the Breen Confederacy. The Federation, however, had limited knowledge of the Breen and were aware of Breen outposts located near the Black Cluster in 2368. In 2370, the Breen participated in a palio held at Deep Space 3, during which the Ferengi attempted to bribe the Breen pilot into throwing the race. In 2373, the Breen settlements on Portas V near the Demilitarized Zone dealt with the Maquis, supplying them with cold-storage units. It was noted by Ezri Dax in 2375, when captured by the Breen on a planet in the Goralis system, that they were a long way from Breen space. (TNG: "Hero Worship", "Interface"; DS9: "Penumbra", "For the Uniform")

Breen privateers during the 24th century would often conduct indiscriminate raids against other Alpha Quadrant species. This includes the Breen attack and capture of the Cardassian transport Ravinok in 2366. The survivors of that attack were used for slave labor in the Breen operated dilithium mines on Dozaria. (DS9: "Indiscretion") In 2368, Starfleet feared the Breen might have attacked the science vessel SS Vico. Breen privateers also raided the Bajoran colony of Free Haven in 2372; they were, however, successfully driven away by the USS Defiant. (TNG: "Hero Worship"; DS9: "To the Death")

Alliance with the Dominion
                                In 2375, the Breen moved from a policy of low-level hostilities toward other major powers to one of open warfare when they allied themselves to the Dominion. They were then allowed access to the Dominion military database. According to the terms of the alliance, the Breen Confederacy received several planets in the Cardassian Union as compensation for joining the war. The Breen would also be given control of the Romulan Star Empire in the post-war galaxy. (DS9: "Strange Bedfellows")

The Breen may have been influenced to join the Dominion from a Changeling impersonator in the Confederacy's government, as an unidentified Breen was seen in Internment Camp 371, where several people replaced by Changelings were placed.

Shortly after joining with the Dominion, the Breen attacked Starfleet Headquarters on Earth in the raid on San Francisco. A short time later they assisted the Dominion forces in breaking the lines at Chin'toka. Under orders from the Female Changeling they allowed the escape pods to carry the Federation survivors to safety. This major battle, known as the Second Battle of Chin'toka, was won by the Dominion thanks to a unique Breen weapon, a form of energy dampening weapon system which could completely drain all the main power systems of a starship. Both of these defeats dealt a huge blow to the Allies' morale. The only ship immune to the Breen weapon was a Klingon Bird-of-Prey, which serindipitously survived thanks to an adjustment the main engineer had made to the ship's tritium intermix in the warp core. (DS9: "The Changing Face of Evil", "When It Rains...")

Although the Klingon fleet was able to make the needed adjustments against the weapon, the Federation and the Romulans were still unable to defend against the Breen. When the Federation finally did create a defense against the energy-dampening weapon, they would force the Dominion fleet to retreat. Breen Thot Gor expressed an extreme distaste of surrender, and would require the reassurance of the female changeling that they were not surrendering, but instead regrouping and attempting to redouble their shipbuilding and replenishment efforts. (DS9: "The Dogs of War")

With the war turned against the Dominion, the Allies moved on to Cardassia Prime for the final battle. With defeat fast approaching, the Female Changeling promised the Breen that they could have both Romulus and Earth if they could turn the battle around; however, they could not. The Breen continued to fight with the Dominion until the end, demonstrating a willingness to die for the cause that matched that of the Jem'Hadar. With the Klingons targeting the Breen ships, the Allies won the war. The Breen were allied with the Dominion and as a result not only shared in its defeat, but were forced to actually commit the hated act of surrender, when the Female Changeling signed the official surrender pact on their behalf. (DS9: "What You Leave Behind")

Continued on next page...........
                                Last edited by Starbase; 01 October 2006, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X