• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    "I failed, I repaid kindness with blood. I was no better than an animal"
    "You hate yourself so much you think you deserve to die"
    Spoiler:
    That is Miles and Julian from the very good DS9 S4 episode Hard Time. Miles was threatening to kill himself and Julian was trying to talk him out of it.
    Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    "I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question"
    Spoiler:
    I have no idea lolol. It doesn't sound like anything from DS9 or TNG for that matter?.

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    Why did Miles once twist and almost break Quark's wrist and arm while threatening to "break every bone in your worthless body"?
    Spoiler:
    I remember that scene - it's from the same episode the first quote was from (DS9's Hard Time). He was mad because Quark wouldn't serve him a Synthale fast enough.

Good question and quotes brother Fifth. I knew the first quote and the trivia question (Hint: there from the same episode) But the second quote stumped me.
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
      It's hard to argue that. Although TNG had the highest television ratings, DS9 second highest. But TOS definitely has the most recognizable and iconic characters.

I know brother Fifth has mentioned that Paramount has floated the idea of converting TNG and eventually all the Star Trek series to Blu-Ray Hi-Definition DVD. I hope they do one day.
      It will probably happens when BR isn't so expensive. As a consumer I default to DVDs because the increased picture quality isn't worth the increased price. But just like DVD replaced VHS and DVD prices went down so will BR replace DVDs and decrease the price. When the demand gets high enough I'm sure Paramount will release all the Treks on BR like they did with DVDs
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        I have no doubt that Paramount will release them on Blu-Ray. There are so many versions of Star Trek on DVD, VHS and both types of HD disc, It's just a matter of time really.
        They did re-release TOS on Blu-Ray in beautiful Hi-Def quality. And I do own the entire Star Trek collection including all of the movies, all of the television series and even the entire animated series on DVD. And I am very happy with the quality of the the picture. But I would completely reboot my collection and re-buy everything if they ever make it available in Hi-Def. I also agree with you that Paramount will eventually re-master and convert all the Trek movies along with TNG, DS9 and VOY to Hi-Def.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          It will probably happens when BR isn't so expensive. As a consumer I default to DVDs because the increased picture quality isn't worth the increased price. But just like DVD replaced VHS and DVD prices went down so will BR replace DVDs and decrease the price. When the demand gets high enough I'm sure Paramount will release all the Treks on BR like they did with DVDs
          I think three seasons are a good way to test the waters with Blu-Ray. Three seasons would be a cheaper thing to produce on Blu-Ray than seven and if it's popular enough, I think that could easily lead the way to the four seasons of Enterprise as releasing it in HD wouldn't be as much of an issue.

But I do think the cost would have to drop a lot. I think a lot of people would rather spend £60 on a season box set than 80 to 90 for Blu-Ray, and for a complete series, I'd not even imagine how much it could cost when released as Blu-Ray right now.

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
          They did re-release TOS on Blu-Ray in beautiful Hi-Def quality. And I do own the entire Star Trek collection including all of the movies, all of the television series and even the entire animated series on DVD. And I am very happy with the quality of the the picture. But I would completely reboot my collection and re-buy everything if they ever make it available in Hi-Def. I also agree with you that Paramount will eventually re-master and convert all the Trek movies along with TNG, DS9 and VOY to Hi-Def.
          I'm not talking about TOS, I'm talking about TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and maybe even TAS. Also, to the best of my knowledge they've only released all of TOS in the the US, not here. We only got season 1.

sigpic

Comment

Very well done again everyone.

The first quote is from -- the DS9 season IV Episode Hard Time, where Miles is threatening to kill himself with a hand-held phaser in one of DS9's cargo bey's. Julian finds Miles and helps to convince him to not forget about his family and friends before he does something rash.

The second quote is from -- the TOS season I episode This Side of Paradise, where Spock falls under the spell of Leila because he was sprayed with plant spores from a flower - which turns anyone infected into a peace loving hippie type. LOL you knew you were watching a 1960's television show.

The Answer to the Question -- Synthale - Also from the DS9 episode Hard Time - Miles enters Quark's bar which is jam packed. He stands at the bar with quite a few people in front of him as he gets Quarks attention and asks for a Synthale. Which Quark tells him "ok Chief in a minute". After the third time Quark told him to hold on and wait - Miles then blew his top and reached over the bar grabbing Quarks wrist while yanking him on to the top of the bar while whispering in Quarks ear "I'm going to break every bone in your worthless body if you do not get me my Synthale". Quark then very hurriedly get Miles his Synthale as he goes to his and Julian's usual table to sit alone and brood.

I will not be posting a "Guess the Quote" or "Bonus Trivia Question" tomorrow (Tuesday) because I will be en-route back home to San Francisco. But I will bring them back on Wednesday.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The second quote is from -- the TOS season I episode This Side of Paradise, where Spock falls under the spell of Leila because he was sprayed with plant spores from a flower - which turns anyone infected into a peace loving hippie type. LOL you knew you were watching a 1960's television show.
              Doh!. I can't believe I missed that. I did say I thought it was from TOS, but I was thinking maybe it was Kirk, it sounds like something Kirk would say.

I'll tell you what brother Fifth. I will substitute your absence tomorrow by posting a "Bonus Trivia" question in the morning. And I will make it a ringer question as well
              The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant
                Kai Winn never could live down the fact that the Prophets refused to speak to her directly, while at the same time she sees the outside Emissary and her arch-nemesis Kira talking to the Prophets on numerous occasions. I also got the feeling that she was very embarrassed, besides feeling slighted. by the fact that everyone around her knew that as the Kai why wouldn't the Prophets speak to her.
                Another great point brother USS Defiant. I don't think anything fueled her jealousy more towards Kira and especially Sisko (the Emissary) than the fact that the Prophets did talk to both of them among many other Bajorans, while totally ignoring her (no matter how hard she tried). Not even the fact that she wasn't chosen as Emissary and had to share power with Sisko (the outsider) bothered her as much.

In the beginning (earlier seasons of DS9), she tried (although halfheartedly) to find some kind working relationship with Sisko (as both the Emissary and designated Starfleet protector of DS9, the worm-hole and Bajor itself) - But she let her petty jealousy ruin any kind of working relationship that Sisko wanted and even craved from her. She went from deplorable at the start of series to antithesis of evil at the end of the series with her involvement with the Pai Wraith's.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Very well done again everyone.

The first quote is from -- the DS9 season IV Episode Hard Time, where Miles is threatening to kill himself with a hand-held phaser in one of DS9's cargo bey's. Julian finds Miles and helps to convince him to not forget about his family and friends before he does something rash.

The Answer to the Question -- Synthale - Also from the DS9 episode Hard Time - Miles enters Quark's bar which is jam packed. He stands at the bar with quite a few people in front of him as he gets Quarks attention and asks for a Synthale. Which Quark tells him "ok Chief in a minute". After the third time Quark told him to hold on and wait - Miles then blew his top and reached over the bar grabbing Quarks wrist while yanking him on to the top of the bar while whispering in Quarks ear "I'm going to break every bone in your worthless body if you do not get me my Synthale". Quark then very hurriedly get Miles his Synthale as he goes to his and Julian's usual table to sit alone and brood.

I will not be posting a "Guess the Quote" or "Bonus Trivia Question" tomorrow (Tuesday) because I will be en-route back home to San Francisco. But I will bring them back on Wednesday.
                  I've got a quote:

"Go over my head again and I'll have yours on a platter"
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I've got a quote:

I lol'd.

Comment

I've got a quote:
                      Hmm, that sounds a lot like Benjamin Sisko, I'm not sure on who he might be telling that to. Probably from an early episode in the series.

But it also sounds like Riker admonishing Commander Shelby in the uber great TNG episode The Best of both Worlds. Although if memory serves me right Riker said (paraphrasing here) "You do an end around me again, I'll snap you back so hard you'll think you are a Cadet again." or something close to that.

Sorry I'm late on posting a "Ringer Question" in brother Fifth's absence. I am headed home from work right now, when I do get home in the next hour or so, I will post the one I came up with last night.
                      The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

I've got a quote:

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                        Hmm, that sounds a lot like Benjamin Sisko, I'm not sure on who he might be telling that to. Probably from an early episode in the series.
                        Spoiler:
                        Episode 3, Past Prologue.

Sisko is scolding Kira for going over his head, and telling a superior commander how she disapproves of him handling a situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          Episode 3, Past Prologue.

Sisko is scolding Kira for going over his head, and telling a superior commander how she disapproves of him handling a situation.
                          Ahh, Well at least I got the Sisko part right lolol. Good knowledge brother Alan, and an equally great choice for a "guess the quote" question brother jelgate.
                          The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                            Ahh, Well at least I got the Sisko part right lolol. Good knowledge brother Alan, and an equally great choice for a "guess the quote" question brother jelgate.
                            Ah, I'm only on episode 3. hahaha.

This just happened to be luck on my part that I watched this scene only moments ago.

Comment

This just happened to be luck on my part that I watched this scene only moments ago.
                              Ahh, so it's fresh in your memory. I really envy you brother Alan. You have this wonderfully epic series (DS9) with 7 full seasons of episodes you have yet to view. Enjoy the ride, and I look forward to chatting about anything and everything DS9 and Trek related.

Also, I have a handful of "Ringer Questions" I created last night. I watched some TNG, DS9 and VOY. And in the spirit of brother Fifth, who likes to give us choices, is there any prefernce on which series you want the question from?.
                              The USS Defiant Rocks!

Comment

I happened to watch it last night as part of my rewatch and said quote happen to stick in my head
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X