Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Although its hard in TOS when you have that string holding up the Enterprise
    I thought it was real *cries*

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    Since I ran out of room and couldn't fit in the "Guess the Quote" section of my quizzes in the latest one I created. I thought we could have a little pre-quiz fun and I would post some of the ones I had planned on using. Please leave your answers with a Spoiler Tag. I am headed out for the afternoon - I will be back this evening to check out the answers.

(Try and guess who gave the quote and or quotes, and from which televison series -- And if you are really good, tell me what particular episode it came from. Both of them have 2 different characters. Hopefully they aren't that difficult)

"Let me get this straight, you want me to take your head off?"

"Yes Sir"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have a bad habit of telling the truth, even when people don't want to hear it"

"Perhaps, but I want to hear it"
    Spoiler:
    Picard to Data. Data had a creak in his neck and wanted to relieve it TNG I don't bloody know, I don't watch TNG

Kira and Sisko. Emissary? DS9
    sigpic

Comment

JELGATE - SPOILER TAGS SPOILER TAGS
      sigpic

Comment

1. Thanks to Linda. I overlooked the spoilers tags.

2. As my Stargate rewatch (I'm on SGU) comes to an end it looks like I will be starting DS9 rewatch this weekend. I know more then a few will want to read some thoughts. Quite a few of these episodes I haven't seen in awhile. And no brother DigiFluid you don't get any credit
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Since I ran out of room and couldn't fit in the "Guess the Quote" section of my quizzes in the latest one I created. I thought we could have a little pre-quiz fun and I would post some of the ones I had planned on using. Please leave your answers with a Spoiler Tag. I am headed out for the afternoon - I will be back this evening to check out the answers.

(Try and guess who gave the quote and or quotes, and from which televison series -- And if you are really good, tell me what particular episode it came from. Both of them have 2 different characters. Hopefully they aren't that difficult)

"Yes Sir"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have a bad habit of telling the truth, even when people don't want to hear it"

Spoiler:
          Riker and Data in Disaster

Kira and Sisko. not sure which ep, Emissary???
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            Good thing they redid the special effects of TOS. The worst thing about the special effects, is that they can sway me. I've never been able to get into some stuff as much as others because of them. TOS is a good example, love Star Trek, but can't get into TOS as much as the others because I hate the crap effects (I've yet to see remastered). Love Star Wars, love it even more because Lucas redid the effects for the original trilogy.
            However I think it will still come down to the quality of the episode, acting, script, plot and so on, graphics just make it more visually appealing.
            I disagree totally. As much as I love to see cool special effects, I also enjoy seeing the movie/tv show as a product of its time. The redone Trek sfx already looks dated, not that most of it looked that good to begin with. And did Lucas really need to update anything? The original versions of the original SW trilogy are still spectacular. Remastering is just a reason to get more sales on the re-release. Much like redoing every movie now in 3D.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

"Yes Sir"
              Spoiler:
              1) Riker and Data. During 'Disaster', right?
              2)Odo and Kira?
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Spoiler:
                Kira and Sisko, from one of the few episodes of DS9 I own, Emissary

sigpic

Comment

On the subject of remastered DVDs I don't care. The few changes don't anger me like some people (brother nx01a) but at the same time pitch in money just for an increase VHX seems pointless to me. Unless its really old (like TOS) I just watch mostly for whatever the story is.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

"Yes Sir"

Spoiler:
                    First is Riker and Data. Can't be Geordie and Data cos Data doesn't call Geordie "Sir", does he. Maybe he does. But Riker.

Second....Erm. erm erm erm. Something I didn't watch...
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

On the subject of remastered DVDs I don't care. The few changes don't anger me like some people (brother nx01a) but at the same time pitch in money just for an increase VHX seems pointless to me. Unless its really old (like TOS) I just watch mostly for whatever the story is.
                      Those aren't a few changes, those are major and needless cosmetic surgeries.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The DS9 Box Set DVD's (from Paramount) have a pretty darn good picture quality. You have to remember that DS9 was originally filmed with a dark and subtle graininess - So TPTB made sure that the DVD's had the same look and feel that the series was originally broadcast in. Some episodes might look better or worse, but over-all it's very good.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

LOL. You guy's and gal's are so darn Trek smart!, I love it.

The First quote is Riker (his voice sounding subtle yet horrified) asking Data "Let me get this straight, you want me to take your head off?" while they are both crawling through one of the Enterprises plasma conduit's when they get trapped by a million terawatt/techno-babble term LOL. When Data says "Yes Sir" and suggests that he will use his reinforced body to short out the charge, which Riker will then remove his head (because Data's body will be temporarily incapacitated) and take it with him to Engineering so he can help Riker get the Enterprise back up and running. This quote was from the rather mundane Season II TNG episode Disaster.

The second quote was from DS9's premiere episode Emissary where at the beginning of the episode - Sisko is checking out a very damaged Ops (on DS9 itself) while Miles tells him that a Bajoran Major named Kira had been using Gul DuKat's office. Sisko reluctantly approaches the office (while taking note that Cardassian architecture designed the Commanders office to be elevated above the rest of Ops to let eveyone know who is in charge), and observes Kira arguing with a fellow Bajoran. He then sheepishly introduces himself and asks "what's wrong, is there a problem" - when Kira states "I have a bad habit of telling the truth, even when people don't want to hear it" to which Sisko replies (with a stern look in his eye's) "Perhaps, but I want to hear it". Then Kira goes on to tell him that she is not happy at all with the Federation coming in and meddling with Bajor.

I will post up another 2 or 3 quotes from either TNG, DS9, VOY or ENT tomorrow morning.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            Those aren't a few changes, those are major and needless cosmetic surgeries.
                            Meh. I still don't care. Its the story that is important.

If they redid Sacrfice of Angels would improved CGI battle squences I still would think its DS9's best because of the characters and story behind it
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL. You guy's and gal's are so darn Trek smart!, I love it.
                              This quote was from the rather mundane Season II TNG episode Disaster.
                              Season V, actually. And it was a wonderful character episode. Picard and the kids, Worf and Keiko, Data and Riker, the brilliant interaction between Troi in command and Miles and Ro. The low point was the medical doctor's advice to Geordi on how to survive the vacuum. Exhale, Doctor. Exhale!
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Brother Fifth has a point. This episode is what made Troi want to become a bridge officer. And I blame Troi's driving for the destuction of the Ent D and the near destuction of Ent E in Nemesis.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X