No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe, but it was just generally mentioned as "artist" if I remember right and not "sculptor" so I think someone, somewhere, would decide to try use a paint brush. I can't draw a straight line, but I'd still try someone else if someone stuck me with being an artist.
    Last edited by SaberBlade; 24 March 2010, 11:15 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Maybe, but it was just generally mentioned as "artist" if I remember right and not "sculptor" so I think someone, somewhere, would decide to try to a paint brush. I can't draw a straight line, but I'd still try someone else if someone stuck me with being an artist.
      You are correct brother SB - "Sculptor" was never mentioned, even though, like Lady Linda stated, Kira was horrible with her clay work. She kept trying to make clay bird figurines that were dreadful! LOL
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Maybe, but it was just generally mentioned as "artist" if I remember right and not "sculptor" so I think someone, somewhere, would decide to try to a paint brush. I can't draw a straight line, but I'd still try someone else if someone stuck me with being an artist.
        Artist was a vague term to describe many Bajorans as Akoherm (SP) was giving the speech. Who is to say the castes weren't specefic in what form of art you must conduct.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          /\/\/\ You guy's and gal's are simply great /\/\/\
          And a little nuts

LOL this is why I love this thread so much (DS9 fans are simply the best!). If you guys keep talking you might give away more than just one answer. Shhhhhhh just kidding. Go ahead and talk it up, you are all hitting on juicy trivia.
          And by this time tomorrow I'll have forgotten all about them

You are correct brother SB - "Sculptor" was never mentioned, even though, like Lady Linda stated, Kira was horrible with her clay work. She kept trying to make clay bird figurines that were dreadful! LOL
          But she gotta have points for effort
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I use this analogy. JJ Abrams did to Star Trek what Micheal Bay did to Transformers
            No! No no no no no no no. NO!

You know those movies that get described as "so bad it's good"? Transformers isn't one of then.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              And a little nuts
              LOL indeed. Us fellow Sci-Fi fans are IMHO all a little nutz.
              Originally posted by Linda06
              But she gotta have points for effort
              Indeed Lady Linda - Kira was ready to drop everything to follow her families "Artist Caste", even though she knew deep down it wasn't what she wanted to do (that was such a touching scene between Kira and Sisko when she told him she basically had to leave). She was very conflicted which added to brilliance of her performance in Accession.

What was truly horrible (and quite funny) was the dis-figured clay thingy she made as gift for Sisko at the end of the episode.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

And by this time tomorrow I'll have forgotten all about them
                I'll give you the cliff notes. Do you know what cliff notes are?

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                No! No no no no no no no. NO!

You know those movies that get described as "so bad it's good"? Transformers isn't one of then.
                I agree. They're both bad. Star Trek XI felt like so many of those summer blockbusters. Action with very little substance.

What was truly horrible (and quite funny) was the dis-figured clay thingy she made as gift for Sisko at the end of the episode.
                You shouldn't have said that. I had forgotten about that scene now I will remember it come quiz time
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL indeed. Us fellow Sci-Fi fans are IMHO all a little nutz.
                  Indeed Lady Linda - Kira was ready to drop everything to follow her families "Artist Caste", even though she knew deep down it wasn't what she wanted to do (that was such a touching scene between Kira and Sisko when she told him she basically had to leave). She was very conflicted which added to brilliance of her performance in Accession.

I forgot what a good ep that was. It's a real travesty what happened to the Bajorans. Who knows how they would have developed as a race if the Cardassians hadn't come and oppressed them for so long.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I'll give you the cliff notes. Do you know what cliff notes are?
                  Yes I know what cliff notes are
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, I actually liked the new Star Trek. It really surprised me, because I didn't expect to - and yeah, it was a summer blockbuster thingie, but it was fun. Transformers... well. I'll just say I dind't enjoy it...
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I forgot what a good ep that was. It's a real travesty what happened to the Bajorans. Who knows how they would have developed as a race if the Cardassians hadn't come and oppressed them for so long.
                      You know, given what we've been shown about Bajoran history and prophecy (especially in "Rapture") I have a feeling that if the Occupation didn't come to pass, the Bajorans might not have found the Celestial Temple. They wouldn't have eliminated the d'jarras, Sisko would not have been called forth as the Emissary, and they wouldn't have become allied with Starfleet and the Federation.

Some twisted Cardassian like Dukat would argue that the Bajorans should thank Cardassia for making their people stronger through the Occupation. I've heard some real life monsters make the same kind of argument--abusive husbands telling their battered wives that they should be thanking them for making them stronger.

But Bajor and its people didn't become strong because of the Occupation. They became strong despite the Occupation. It wasn't the Occupation that made Bajor strong. It was their faith in the Prophets and their faith in their own strength that got them through decades of sorrow.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        You know, given what we've been shown about Bajoran history and prophecy (especially in "Rapture") I have a feeling that if the Occupation didn't come to pass, the Bajorans might not have found the Celestial Temple. They wouldn't have eliminated the d'jarras, Sisko would not have been called forth as the Emissary, and they wouldn't have become allied with Starfleet and the Federation.
                        Not necessarily. The wormhole was in their immediate space, now I don't remember Emissary too well, but it's quite possible they would have found it sooner or later. Yes, probably later, but again - we can't tell whether that would have been a better or worse thing.
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Not necessarily. The wormhole was in their immediate space, now I don't remember Emissary too well, but it's quite possible they would have found it sooner or later. Yes, probably later, but again - we can't tell whether that would have been a better or worse thing.
                          It's true that the wormhole was in their immediate space but it went undiscovered for over 10,000 years. Actually, that figure should probably be more like 30,000 years considering what the prophecy involved in "The Reckoning." The other thing about the Occupation is that it set a bunch of events in motion that brought Sisko into contact with Bajor, its people, and the Prophets. If the Occupation didn't happen, I see the Bajorans becoming more introspective with their faith. The Occupation drew them into the forefront of major galactic events with the plight of their world and the discovery of the wormhole. Just my thoughts though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Very well said Lady Pitry. The whole "Linear Time" equation that the Prophets exist by leaves the door open for all kinds of possibilities. It's really a credit to the great writing we got from DS9.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              You know, given what we've been shown about Bajoran history and prophecy (especially in "Rapture") I have a feeling that if the Occupation didn't come to pass, the Bajorans might not have found the Celestial Temple.
                              That is an interesting (yet very debatable) take brother Fuzz. I never really thought about it that exact term. Off the top of my head I would think that the timing of Sisko being born (with a "we are of Bajor" Prophet mother) would probably have happened at the same time in history no matter what the Cardassian's or anyone else did. As we all know the Prophet's like to say "Time is Linear" and "we are of Bajor" a lot LOL - I look at it like the Prophets (in there Celestial Temple) knew full well what the history of Bajor was going to be (also there are numerous writing's, temples, obelisks ..etc...) that tell of future prophecies for-told by Prophet visions. It's all kind of weird and wonderful how they created a "Linear Time" equation into the storyline to keep you guessing. It's also truly wonderful how over all 7 seasons (especially the first 3 seasons) the writers were able to create this whole culture and society (the Bajoran's) with this very vivid detailing where you actually felt like the Bajor was part of our own world we live in LOL. Star Trek in general does that so darn well!.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That is an interesting (yet very debatable) take brother Fuzz. I never really thought about it that exact term. Off the top of my head I would think that the timing of Sisko being born (with a "we are of Bajor" Prophet mother) would probably have happened at the same time in history no matter what the Cardassian's or anyone else did. As we all know the Prophet's like to say "Time is Linear" and "we are of Bajor" a lot LOL - I look at it like the Prophets (in there Celestial Temple) knew full well what the history of Bajor was going to be (also there are numerous writing's, temples, obelisks ..etc...) that tell of future prophecies for-told by Prophet visions. It's all kind of weird and wonderful how they created a "Linear Time" equation into the storyline to keep you guessing. It's also truly wonderful how over all 7 seasons (especially the first 3 seasons) the writers were able to create this whole culture and society (the Bajoran's) with this very vivid detailing where you actually felt like the Bajor was part of our own world we live in LOL. Star Trek in general does that so darn well!.
                                Now that's very true. If things had played out differently, the Prophets could have just "tweaked" the timeline to suit their designs for Bajor.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X