No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why leave it for 2 weeks? I'd be interested in doing it sometime later after I wake up.

All you guys (and gals) rewatching Accession should be ashamed, for rewatching while I can't. You all suck. Someone buy me the DVD's.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Why leave it for 2 weeks? I'd be interested in doing it sometime later after I wake up. All you guys (and gals) rewatching Accession should be ashamed, for rewatching while I can't. You all suck. Someone buy me the DVD's.
      Because I am going out of town next weekend and I won't be back until the middle of the week. Plus I like to give everyone a couple of weeks notice so they can re-watch what I have stated as the hi-lited subjects. As far as you not having any access to DS9 DVD's, I'm sorry about that brother SB (do have a NetFlix account or can't you rent them from a local Video store?). Maybe there available online somewhere?. And please my friend, don't be bitter - My quizzes are purely for fun - They have always been about having fun and learning some cool Star Trek facts. So please just accept the spirit for which I create them (stop worrying). Plus I have feeling you are going to do quite well.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Why leave it for 2 weeks? I'd be interested in doing it sometime later after I wake up.

All you guys (and gals) rewatching Accession should be ashamed, for rewatching while I can't. You all suck. Someone buy me the DVD's.
        I just got my complete series DS9 DVDs for Christmas. I've got to use them.

Honestly you're talking these two seriously. Yes some of us ringers get competitive but its only in joking. None of us take them seriously. Its just for fun in the lesiure time.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I just checked online - There are a handful of web-sites that offer every single DS9 episode in full. So there you go SaberBlade.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            I just checked online - There are a handful of web-sites that offer every single DS9 episode in full. So there you go SaberBlade.
            Every site that I found offering DS9 online is either illegal or cost money.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Because I am going out of town next weekend and I won't be back until the middle of the week. Plus I like to give everyone a couple of weeks notice so they can re-watch what I have stated as the hi-lited subjects. As far as you not having any access to DS9 DVD's, I'm sorry about that brother SB (do have a NetFlix account or can't you rent them from a local Video store?). Maybe there available online somewhere?. And please my friend, don't be bitter - My quizzes are purely for fun - They have always been about having fun and learning some cool Star Trek facts. So please just accept the spirit for which I create them (stop worrying). Plus I have feeling you are going to do quite well.
              I'm not worrying, you just need to pick up when I am not being serious. I don't need to rewatch the episodes because that does more harm than good. If I watch an episode, I get time to absorb everything. If I watch an entire season, then one episode pushes out everything I learnt about the last one. I'm looking forward to the quiz so two weeks isn't an issue.

Although all this talk about Accession really makes me want to rewatch it. I can't remember if that is the episode Sisko gets Kira to finally admit she believes him to be the Emissary. I'll need to see if my local video rental store has DS9 boxsets as they have a fairly decent selection of season boxsets.

sigpic

Comment

Although all this talk about Accession really makes me want to rewatch it. I can't remember if that is the episode Sisko gets Kira to finally admit she believes him to be the Emissary. I'll need to see if my local video rental store has DS9 boxsets as they have a fairly decent selection of season boxsets.
                I just sent you a link for Accession (via PM). I am currently watching it in full english (original sound) with very good picture quality. And it is well worth re-watching brother SB. Truly a great Star Trek episode from any of the various Trek series.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

DS9 was on earlier, had to double check which season it was because I had hoped it may have been season 4. Turns out that it's season 2 although it does mean I get to watch part 1 of 'The Maquis' on Friday and 'Blood Oath' on Thursday.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with brother Fifth Races assessment that Accession is truly a superior Star Trek episode (IMO a classic from any scifi series period!). I did a pretty extensive review of Accession a couple of weeks ago. It is worth reading for anyone that doesn't have access to DS9 video. I also post up a Background and Inside Information post about which ever episode I review. I will posting that up for Accession in the next couple days. It will be chalk full of great information that might help with the quiz.

Video Rental Stores are a great source to find DS9 Box Set's for rent. I have two memberships at Viedo Stores that each have multiple set's of all the Star Trek Series and Movies.
                    The USS Defiant Rocks!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Only thing I remember my video store having that I want to watch.... American Dad. They have other stuff available, but American Dad is the only series I remember them having I'd want. I don't believe they'd have Trek, because they were quite expensive when first released on DVD.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        Awesomeness. Definitely looking forward to taking this one. And it helps that Accession is one of my favorite DS9 episodes and Kira is one of my favorite characters.
                        I have recently re-watched DS9's season IV Episode Accession 3 different times (with note-pad in hand for the quiz). And I have to say it is now one of my very favorite episodes from any Trek series. Sisko and especially Kira's performance were moving and nothing short of brilliant! (I was in total awe of both Avery Brook's and Nana Visitor). I was also very impressed with Akorem (Richard Libertini) and Vedal Porta's (Robert Symonds) performance as well!. I also agree with brother USS Defiant's review when he stated that Accession's B-Story (involving Keiko, Miles and Julian) was the best from S-IV.
                        Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                        I very much appreciate all your hard work you do to create these wonderfully entertaining quizzes. You are the King of Trek "O Captain My Captain" (I love Walt Whitman!)
                        LOL, I also love Walt Whitman and I love how Picard frequently quoted him (especially the "O Captain My Captain") poem. And your appreciation is very much appreciated.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Alright my fellow DS9 brethren. I just put the finishing touches on Star Trek Quiz #24 (NOT Quiz #23, I recounted) LOL. There are 59 questions (I wanted to have an even 60 but I ran out of space on the post page so I had to settle for 59).

The Quiz will be posted 2 weeks from today (Monday April 5). I will leave it live for 4 days and then post the results (Friday April 9). Again I am very proud of of this one (a ton of work went into it). It has something for everyone I'm sure.
                          Most excellent brother Fifth. My wife and I saw your girlfriend at the mall last night and she was so funny - She was telling us about how you have been distant lately while hanging out in your office working on the new quiz lolol. She wondered out loud what your true first love is, her or your Scifi. I told her it's probably about even. She is a sweetheart, I like this one you are dating now, and she really likes you as well.

Anyway, the wife and I have First Contact all set up to rewatch tonight. We have both rewatched it so many times we could reenact full scenes word for word lol. I am also going to rewatch Star Trek: XI later this week for I have only seen it once, I'm looking forward to rewatching that one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                            Most excellent brother Fifth. My wife and I saw your girlfriend at the mall last night and she was so funny - She was telling us about how you have been distant lately while hanging out in your office working on the new quiz lolol. She wondered out loud what your true first love is, her or your Scifi. I told her it's probably about even.
                            Gee thanx. She knew when she started dating me that I was a die-hard scifi nerd. I did completely finished the quiz today, I also typed out the Answer Sheet as well. So all my work is done until Quiz day, then it's grading and commenting time, Oh joy!. But luckily, as you fully know, grading and reading everyones answers is always fun and sometimes a down right hoot.

First Contact is one of those Trek movies that I never get tired of re-watching. Undiscovered Country is another one I love (prob. my fav Trek movie). Now as far as Star Trek: XI (2009) goes, I have a hard time getting through that movie. Not bad but hardly great - It doesn't even have a proper title Star Trek XI lame!.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I use this analogy. JJ Abrams did to Star Trek what Micheal Bay did to Transformers
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I use this analogy. JJ Abrams did to Star Trek what Micheal Bay did to Transformers
                                lol, that's a pretty good analogy brother jelgate. I enjoyed Star Trek: XI in the theater, at least I didn't fall asleep half way through like I did when I saw Nemesis in the theater. But like most people I have talked to about it or read on this thread, they don't have very many good things to say about it. Let's just hope Mr. Abram's can come up with something better for Star Trek: XII. Because we are stuck with the same group for the next two Star Trek movies I do believe.

And what happened in that last Transformer movie?, that was some what of a snoozer as well. Did you ever see District 9?. I saw that one in the theater with brother Ffith and we both enjoyed the crap out of it. Even though the theater was full.

Comment

Working...
                                X