No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and I am not giving up my wooden spoon *grabs wooden spoon and runs away*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Changing gears I really never liked Lwaxana that much. As a character she was too eccentric and annoying for me. But one episode that always make her shine Half A Life. Its somewhat sad even for me to watch the character struggle so much in watching a person die to ritual suicide. Its one of those rare moments we get to see who the character is. It doesn't hurt to have David Ogden Stiers in it who is a great actor in his own regards.
      I guess you also re-watched that episode the great TNG episode Half Life that just aired on both the SyFy Network and WGN last week. What a great episode, and you are right - David Odgen Stiers is a great actor and was fantastic as Dr. Timicin. Majel Barrett was also excellent as Lwaxana (maybe her greatest performance in that role).

I also wasn't that big a fan of Lwaxana on TNG, but after re-watching DS9 more times than I will ever admit - She has grown on me and IMHO her best performance as a whole came from DS9 (without Deanna around). She is a great character actress in her own right.

As a fellow Trek "ringer" I do go out of my way to make sure there are a healthy dose of tougher "ringer" type questions in my quizzes. There is no "whining" in my Star Trek universe. Creating and coming up with "ringer" questions to try and stump you and the large group of fellow "ringers" is nothing short of a pure pleasure for myself.

And brother SB if you don't want to take the quiz or spend the time then don't bother. What else can I tell you my friend. Just don't knock it until you give it a try. And it doesn't look like there is going to be 100 questions like I stated before. Probably in the 60 range.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I loved Lwaxana Troi when she was on DS9, she was always such a hoot. And who else could make Odo squirm like that
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          I guess you also re-watched that episode the great TNG episode Half Life that just aired on both the SyFy Network and WGN last week. What a great episode, and you are right - David Odgen Stiers is a great actor and was fantastic as Dr. Timicin. Majel Barrett was also excellent as Lwaxana (maybe her greatest performance in that role).

I also wasn't that big a fan of Lwaxana on TNG, but after re-watching DS9 more times than I will ever admit - She has grown on me and IMHO her best performance as a whole came from DS9 (without Deanna around). She is a great character actress in her own right.

As a fellow Trek "ringer" I do go out of my way to make sure there are a healthy dose of tougher "ringer" type questions in my quizzes. There is no "whining" in my Star Trek universe. Creating and coming up with "ringer" questions to try and stump you and the large group of fellow "ringers" is nothing short of a pure pleasure for myself.

And brother SB if you don't want to take the quiz or spend the time then don't bother. What else can I tell you my friend. Just don't knock it until you give it a try. And it doesn't look like there is going to be 100 questions like I stated before. Probably in the 60 range.
          awwwwwww *pouts*
          sigpic

Comment

Strange as it seems I dislike Lwaxana a lot more on DS9 then TNG. Her pursuit of Odo was very cringe worthy. I don't think Majel Barret is a bad actress just that her character wasn't that interesting to me.

What about those times we prove that your answer was wrong?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              awwwwwww *pouts*
              LOL - what the heck are you pouting about Lady Linda?. Do you want me to make it 100 questions.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

LOL - what the heck are you pouting about Lady Linda?. Do you want me to make it 100 questions.
                No, I'll be good *adjusts halo*
                sigpic

Comment

awwwwwww *pouts*
                  60 questions is only 10-15 more then the average.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Strange as it seems I dislike Lwaxana a lot more on DS9 then TNG. Her pursuit of Odo was very cringe worthy. I don't think Majel Barret is a bad actress just that her character wasn't that interesting to me.

His answers are always wrong cause my answers are always right cause "Linda is always right"
                    sigpic

Comment

60 questions is only 10-15 more then the average.
                      So I should finish it 20 minutes then
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree her character was never really interesting (on TNG or DS9). I just personally enjoyed her body of work more on DS9. She wasn't as silly or ridiculous on DS9.
                        I loved Lwaxana Troi when she was on DS9, she was always such a hoot. And who else could make Odo squirm like that
                        I also enjoyed her give and take with Odo, I also enjoyed just how uncomfortable she made him. I guess that's one thing both Picard and Odo shared together. LOL
                        Yeah what the 3 or 4 times out of well over a thousand questions overall (don't break my ballz brother jelgate) LOL Sometimes people misinterpret the question and sometimes there are more than 1 or even 2 right answers. You know I grade everyone very liberally -- I accept partial answers if I feel you are on the right track. I don't grade against miss-spelling and I don't ask people to remember ridiculous type minutia.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Alright my fellow DS9 brethren. I just put the finishing touches on Star Trek Quiz #24 (NOT Quiz #23, I recounted) LOL. There are 59 questions (I wanted to have an even 60 but I ran out of space on the post page so I had to settle for 59).

The Quiz will be posted 2 weeks from today (Monday April 5). I will leave it live for 4 days and then post the results (Friday April 9). Again I am very proud of of this one (a ton of work went into it). It has something for everyone I'm sure.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Easter Monday. I may be far too stuffed and sleepy to do it on Monday [or Tuesday ], but I'll get it done!
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Alright my fellow DS9 brethren. I just put the finishing touches on Star Trek Quiz #24 (NOT Quiz #23, I recounted) LOL. There are 59 questions (I wanted to have an even 60 but I ran out of space on the post page so I had to settle for 59).

The Quiz will be posted 2 weeks from today (Monday April 5). I will leave it live for 4 days and then post the results (Friday April 9). Again I am very proud of of this one (a ton of work went into it). It has something for everyone I'm sure.
                              That's awesome brother brother Fifth!. I am really looking forward (as always) to one of your patented epic quizzes. And I very much appreciate all your hard work you do to create these wonderfully entertaining quizzes. You are the King of Trek "O Captain My Captain" (I love Walt Whitman!)
                              The USS Defiant Rocks!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Awesomeness. Definitely looking forward to taking this one. And it helps that Accession is one of my favorite DS9 episodes and Kira is one of my favorite characters.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X