No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of those questions from Star Trek Quiz #5 I knew, but it was good to see some that confused me, like Shraans ship, chinese food and episode names. Enterprise is probably my weakest area as are episode names.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Most of those questions from Star Trek Quiz #5 I knew, but it was good to see some that confused me, like Shraans ship, chinese food and episode names. Enterprise is probably my weakest area as are episode names.
      Well done SaberBlade. Fortunetly brother Fifth Race doesn't do questions where you have to guess episodes anymore. He lets you know the episode and asks in depth questions, which is much better. Brother Fifth's Star Trek Quiz #5 is old and doesn't represent the newer quizzes he does now. He has fine-tuned it and made them even more challenging and a lot more fun1.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
        One thing I have come to realize over the years of meeting a lot fellow Star Trek and especially DS9 fans. Is that Star Trek has something for everyone. It is such a great microcosm for the human condition and what is good and bad about our society. Even though DS9 was rather dark compared to a lot of other scifi shows it still managed to keep that great enthusiasm that Roddenberry instilled with his rather utopian vision for Star Trek. In my oh so humble opinion DS9 fans are second to none.
        Amen brother Fifth. Very well said my good friend and I couldn't agree more. I believe that if Gene Roddenberry had stayed alive to see all 7 season of DS9 he would changed his mind and would have been very proud of the work that Ronald D. Moore and all the other writers did. I also believe that us DS9 fans are a cut above!. IMO it is truly a "superior" show.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
          As a fellow Trek Quiz Ringer I noticed you finished slightly ahead of me the last few quizzes, you are going down this time brother jelgate. In all seriousness, I also admit I spend at least an hour+ and take my time while doing the quiz. I also study beforehand by watching and rewatching the episodes and movies that brother Fifth picks to spot-light, it sure help's a lot lol. We both have to take down Lady Rac and Brother USS Defiant who always seem to be the top "Top Dawg's".
          Hey brother Jumper One (another great Trek mind and fellow ringer), great to see you on the superior thread again.
          Am I suppose to be scarad? Maybe your memory is starting to go. You could just opt out now and recognize me as your Trek superior

I actually think I have beat those two before. I know I beat Lady Rac because I remember gloating about it. Not so sure about brother Defiant. Its been close before but I don't know if I ever have beaten him
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Not so sure about brother Defiant. Its been close before but I don't know if I ever have beaten him
            Brother USS Defiant is an absolute Star Trek/DS9/Stargate God/freak. His knowledge is truly amazing and I consider myself a Trek master, but his brain power is on another level. Plus he and brother Starbase (is Trek amazing in his own right) went to every single Star Trek convention with me and absorbed all that Star Trek minutiae that I did, so they are both total Trek nerds (like muah).
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Well done SaberBlade. Fortunetly brother Fifth Race doesn't do questions where you have to guess episodes anymore. He lets you know the episode and asks in depth questions, which is much better. Brother Fifth's Star Trek Quiz #5 is old and doesn't represent the newer quizzes he does now. He has fine-tuned it and made them even more challenging and a lot more fun1.
              Why thanx brother Starbase. The new Quiz I am building will be Star Trek Quiz #23 (along way from #5). They have evolved and I have fine-tuned them to the point now where I am very proud to share them with you all.

Note: The new Quiz I am still building is a doozy my friends. Since I haven't done one in awhile (and as most of you know how detailed I like to make my quizzes), I wanted to really go over-board with this one. So expect a few more question than normal (there will probably be close to 100 questions all together).

Also Accession will be the "Hi-Lited Episode Multi-Part Question". And Kira Nerys will be the subject of the "Hi-Lited Character Multi-Part Question".
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Why thanx brother Starbase. The new Quiz I am building will be Star Trek Quiz #23 (along way from #5). They have evolved and I have fine-tuned them to the point now where I am very proud to share them with you all.

Note: The new Quiz I am still building is a doozy my friends. Since I haven't done one in awhile (and as most of you know how detailed I like to make my quizzes), I wanted to really go over-board with this one. So expect a few more question than normal (there will probably be close to 100 questions all together).

Also Accession will be the "Hi-Lited Episode Multi-Part Question". And Kira Nerys will be the subject of the "Hi-Lited Character Multi-Part Question".
                Forget hours. I'll need days to beat brother Starbase with 100 questions
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Wow. That's alotta questions... Maybe you could split them 50/50 and have another quiz the next week or so? Twice the goodness.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    HEY But, me......Think? Do I have to? You know it gives me a headache
                    yes yes I know

Hey brother Jumper One (another great Trek mind and fellow ringer), great to see you on the superior thread again.
                    hey there brother Starbase

whoa 100 questions?! I'll have to rewatch Accession...
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      Wow. That's alotta questions... Maybe you could split them 50/50 and have another quiz the next week or so? Twice the goodness.
                      Oh Heck NO!. LOL No way bother nx. The quiz will look just like it always does, except I made the Mulit-Part Fill-In Questions more extensive. My quizzes are a true labor of love, but they are also a TON of work!.

I have enough question's in the can to do at least 2 more full quizzes before I have to spend hours watching and researching again. You will all love this new quiz I'm building!, trust me.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

This test will push my memory to the limit, because I haven't watched any Trek series start to finish in a long time. So 100 questions and multi-parts are going to kick my ass.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          This test will push my memory to the limit, because I haven't watched any Trek series start to finish in a long time. So 100 questions and multi-parts are going to kick my ass.
                          Trust me when I say this brother SB -- Sure the Quiz will have a handful of rather tough questions (the ringer demand it), but 90% of the questions are not that difficult. There are a lot of multiple choice and a handful of fill-in questions that even the peeps that don't watch a lot of Star Trek will be able to answer. So just take a positive mind-set and most importantly have fun - Fun is why I build these quizzes in the first place. Plus as a fellow Trek fan I love learning as much about this epic franchise as I can.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Trust me when I say this brother SB -- Sure the Quiz will have a handful of rather tough questions (the ringer demand it), but 90% of the questions are not that difficult. There are a lot of multiple choice and a handful of fill-in questions that even the peeps that don't watch a lot of Star Trek will be able to answer. So just take a positive mind-set and most importantly have fun - Fun is why I build these quizzes in the first place. Plus as a fellow Trek fan I love learning as much about this epic franchise as I can.
                            You make it sound like the ringers whine or complain for tougher questions I look at it this way if Linda can get questions rights then surely brother SaberBlade will do fun. Actually seeing his discussions on other threads I look forward to the challenge of how he does competing against me and some of the other ringers.

Changing gears I really never liked Lwaxana that much. As a character she was too eccentric and annoying for me. But one episode that always make her shine Half A Life. Its somewhat sad even for me to watch the character struggle so much in watching a person die to ritual suicide. Its one of those rare moments we get to see who the character is. It doesn't hurt to have David Ogden Stiers in it who is a great actor in his own regards.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Speaking of Luxwana, in that old quiz #5 the Nurse Chapel answer was incomplete as she did the computer voice too. Not sure why that just came to me.

When the quiz is done, split the questions into 10 groups of 10. I'll end up seeing a long ass list and get bored at the prospect of doing 100 questions and give up.

sigpic

Comment

meh, I don't have the patience to spend hours on a quiz....And you know I have a short attention span
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X