No announcement yet.

Braga Thinks Viewer Fatigue Doomed 'Enterprise'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit I only watched season 1 and bits of season 2 but it wasn't viewer fatigue it was just a bit crap. It's a shame the idea was good but poor storylines and characters I just couldn't care less for killed it for me!

Comment

What killed off enterprise was that it was billed as the history of trek, finally we were going to see how the federation formed, how we became enemies of the romulans and the klingons, what happened after first contact, etc.

Instead, the story lines followed that of typical trek in that some thing major would happen but it would be resolved within the last 30 seconds of the show or it would never have any consequence on next weeks show.

as a result, the whole series (except for season 3) consited of nothing but one-off episodes.

saying that, there were a few decent episodes in season 4, namely the ones set on vulcan with the acient vuclan texts. (so thats why mind melds are okay for Spock!)

as for the finale, it has to be one of the worst ive ever seen! trip was the best character on the show and the did to him what they did with data in nemesis. WHY!?!
      Last edited by DrunkWolf; 21 September 2005, 09:22 AM.
      "Indeed" - the answer to all lifes questions

Comment

I couldn't stand the fact that every other episode had a time travel twist, and when they didn't they were introducing one of the old species and calling them new. (Ferengi, Borg, Andorians ect)

Bad concepts, lazy writing.

Comment

I knew star trek was doomed the second they had to start playing to the 13-15 demographic to keep fans. I started watching TNG when I was in the 5th grade, I loved it, even if I didn't understand all the techno babble .
          What's more important though is that my family had no problem with me watching TNG. If they had seen me watching Jeri Ryan or Jolene Blalock with some other guys half naked in the decon chamber back then she would have hit the ceiling.

That’s what I liked so much about TNG it appealed to the entire range of its fandom. DS9 was pretty good too I have to say I enjoyed that series too but stopped after that.

I did start to see voyager for a little while but stopped. I saw its last episode and it was like I had missed nothing, just horrible.
          Although the ending of the last episode was kind of weird. It seemed like the ep was chopped off at the very end, with no explanation of how the heck they popped out from the inside of that Borg sphere.

Comment

Jolene Blalocks butt is the worst thing to happen in the history of science fiction. It would be like carter getting randomly naked because their was a virus foothold or something. I lost what little caring I had for the show after that, and I choose to pretty much ignore the entire thing (especially the ending, which I don't want to see ever, I've read enough to not want to put myself through that).

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Braga blaming the viewers? Don't act so surprised. He's the worst thing to happen to science fiction since...ever.

Comment

Working...
              X