No announcement yet.

Favourite Star Trek Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Titan was spoken of in Nemesis, and one site agrees because of that it should be canon. So, would a mere mention of a ship be enough for it to be entered into the official fleet charts? I'm not totally convinced that just a mention would do. I'd much rather see the ship on screen before it is added to the Star Trek canon.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Indeed.

Besides, a mention of the ship's name doesn't mean its class is canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
        I suppose it is cannon. I mean, Paramount did endorse the competition and the design.
        I found that out while seaching fo USS Sovereign pictures.
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          ^There are no such classes.

Not in canon trek, anyway.
          Geez… More “Canon Nazis”?

I’m a life-long Trek fan, and Luna-class is good enough for me!

And, oh yeah... Favorite ship? Long live the Enterprise-class!
          "Fighting a war that appears unwinnable does not make one's cause less noble."
          - Master Bra'tac

Comment

I don't see how the length of your fan-ship has anything to do with...anything.

The thing is, I don't have enough time to read all of the non-canon stuff, so it's much easier to just focus on the stuff that is canon.

Comment

Well, I’ve been a fan since the 70s, when all fans had were reruns of The Original Series and fan publications. Point being: there’s more to the Trek Universe that what’s simply seen “on-screen.” It can either be acknowledged and revered (as it should be, when it should be), or you can simply bury your head in the sand and swear allegiance to the drivel that Paramount currently produces.

Perhaps I’m getting old and cranky, but I’m getting tired of all this “if it’s not on-screen its not canon” B.S. I mean, does anyone even know who Michael McMaster is anymore? How about David Kimble, or Todd Guenther? Franz Joseph?

These individuals have contributed to Trek just as much, and just as importantly, as anyone else that has played a part in the establishment of the Star Trek Universe.
              - Master Bra'tac

Comment

I have heard of Frank Joseph...sort of.

Look, I like the "drivel", so to speak, so I would hope that you will respect my opinions when I say that I don't really care what came before. The playground of Trek is far too big for an University student knee-deep in homework to indulge in, and what Trek I do watch is meant for entertainment only. It's not like I'm doing a thesis on it for crying out loud.

Comment

Defiant Class

Comment

all ships!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I also like the Type 7 shuttles (Star Trek Insurrection, the shuttle Picard and Worf used to retrieve Data).
                      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        I have heard of Frank Joseph...sort of.
                        So you aren't one for thinking the Saladin is a cannon ship?
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'll have pics of my Star Trek ships on my Christmas tree up soon.

Comment

I suppose not.

Comment

Why not? It was "on-screen"..., in multiple shots:

Spotting the Ships from the Star Fleet Technical Manual
                              Last edited by Commander Dan; 25 November 2006, 08:29 PM.
                              - Master Bra'tac

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Dan View Post
                                Why not? It was "on-screen"..., in multiple shots:

Spotting the Ships from the Star Fleet Technical Manual
                                I love that site.

Comment

Working...
                                X