Star Trek 10-part documentary on History Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek 10-part documentary on History Channel

The History Channel to Celebrate Star Trek's 55th Anniversary with Ten-Part Docuseries "The Center Seat: 55 Years of Star Trek" Premiering Friday, November 5. Narrated and Executive Produced by Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher - TNG).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...1025history01/

Comment

Better than most TV documentaries. First episode was Desilu and TOS. Tonights is TAS, next week is Phase II and The Motion Picture.

Comment

It looks like the first 4 episodes were shown on the History Channel, but they may only show the rest of them on History Vault, their streaming channel. The episodes may show up eventually on TV, but who knows when. Typical of the cable channels now.

Comment

Originally posted by gnoel809 View Post
          It looks like the first 4 episodes were shown on the History Channel, but they may only show the rest of them on History Vault, their streaming channel. The episodes may show up eventually on TV, but who knows when. Typical of the cable channels now.
          Thank you for mentioning this. I guess I'll only see the rest if they decide to air it on TV and if they don't, I'll just never see the rest, unless it goes to physical media.

Well, according to TrekCore, https://blog.trekcore.com/2021/10/st...story-channel/, the other 6 will only be on History Vault which stinks. Hopefully they will be physical media at some point, but you never know.
          Last edited by planet_tv; 03 December 2021, 06:48 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

History Vault does offer a 7-day free trial, so if anyone wants to binge the episodes and cancel, that's always an option.

Comment

I saw that you can purchase the digital versions of the episodes on Amazon. I didn't see where you could buy the whole season at once, but you can buy the episodes individually.

Comment

Amazon Prime in the US has added this documentary series, so if you have Prime you can see it for free. The DS9 documentary (What We Left Behind) is also available on Amazon FreeVee channel (meaning it has some commercials).

Comment

This will finally be getting released on DVD for region 1 on April 25, 2023. I do not know if it will be released for other regions.
                  Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Center-Seat-Y...dp/B0BT8G5QMX/
                  Walmart Link

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                  X