No announcement yet.

Will there be another Trek series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you called it right when you said crap fest. I think any would-be producers will think long and hard before the Enterprise is launched again. That said, I think, in time, it will indeed come back. The franchise isn't quite dead yet, and smart people will learn how to squeeze a few more bucks out of it; if Roddemberry had a grave to roll in, he'd have done it when Enterprise aired. Not ony was this the worst of all the spinoff shows, it changed the answer in Trivial Persuit as to Who was the first capatain of the Enterprise: It's no longer Pike from Menagerie...

Having said that, I have to admit the show was so bad that I never even cared to see if Bakula was maybe playing Christopher Pike; he wasn't, was he?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

star trek is so big, i dont think that people will ever want it to end. although, i did hear something once about an idea for a Startrek: The Academy Days, or something being looked at as a possible next series. It took place about 50 years or so after enterprise, and followed the adventures of a couple of students at the new starfleet academy.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Hopefully Paramount will figure out that the gruesome twosome (B&B) drove the last two series into the ground and fire their sorry asses.

After that, who knows? It may be time for a good Star Trek show again. Personally, I think a series set a few years after the end of the Dominion War would be great. They could use the pilot episode to give a few details on the post-war cleanup and then....well, they have access to the Gamma Quadrant and peace with the Dominion now. There could be a new Federation starbase on the outskirts of Dominion territory and our new crew could set off to explore the unknown in the Gamma Quadrant.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I tend to sit and think how great it would be if Enterprise had never been made and a decent series done

Ah...the benefit of hindsight
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

huh yah the ENT did't hit the ground running, but i have to say this stargate is brilliant its unique, original and fresh i see it coming on in leaps and bounds but i will say this at the moment it will not rival startrek this has been a long running franchise and a good one for the most part ENT notwithstanding, so another series may have to wait to me the horror of ENT nearly crippled the franchise beyond repair but when the letdown of it goes away they may decide to do another series, and i hope not before TOS like enterprise it may again flop and will kill it all.

a will say B&B will have to be fired and thrown into the gutter for that trecherous act of creating a series that defies the logic of all the other series.
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
              If I were doing another trek series I´d try and do something that´s very different from what they´ve done so far. All of the series have more or less been the same, a noble crew of federation officers going about and saving the universe and I for one think that this formula is getting extremely worn out.

I posted this idea in another thread but here it is again.

Set maybe a 80-100 years after Voyager, the federation is falling on hard times. A series of incidents have caused a lot of tension to build up between the various member races of the federation and the situation is rapidly heading into either civil war or at least to the collapse of the federation. High ranking humans have started wondering why they are carrying the weight of the other races around (humans seem to comprimise over half of starfleet personal.

The shows main cast would be at the heart of the events that are tearing the federation apart, possibly they are to blame for the whole thing. The high command can´t court marshal them for fear of alienating one faction or another and so puts the ship on sh!t duty. The crew is practically at each others throats, each blaming the other and racial lines are marking the gorunds (possibly a straight humans vs. aliens). Over the course of season one the crew would manage to get it´s own problems in order but would then have to save the federation or pick a side in the civil war.
              -----------

That´s my idea, it would call for things that have never been done before in star trek series. It should all be planned out in detail and have a plotline that developes from the first episode to the last.

holy cow - I love that idea... it would certainly be something different...
              BSG convert....

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd

Set maybe a 80-100 years after Voyager, the federation is falling on hard times. A series of incidents have caused a lot of tension to build up between the various member races of the federation and the situation is rapidly heading into either civil war or at least to the collapse of the federation.
                That's been done already. It was called Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Just subsitute the Federation for the Commonwealth and the Klingons (or whatever warlike race) for the Nietzscheans with the Borg or Dominion being the Magogs. GR wrote the concept a few years after TOS ST ended as "deconstructing Star Trek".

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                star trek is so big, i dont think that people will ever want it to end. although, i did hear something once about an idea for a Startrek: The Academy Days, or something being looked at as a possible next series. It took place about 50 years or so after enterprise, and followed the adventures of a couple of students at the new starfleet academy.
                B&B first proposed that when Paramount wanted another ST series after Voyager ended. TPTB turned it down as well as ST:MACO. ENT was choice number 3.

=========================================================

Personally, a series about the mysterious and secretive "Section 31" would have been much better. No prime directive or rules to hold them back with plenty of intrigue and plots against the Federation. A "24" or "Alias" type of series and could run into past ST regulars as guest stars to make things even more interesting and familiar. Or how about a series featuring one of ST favorite races, the Vulcans or Klingons. Can throw-in one or 2 humans to serve on their ships. The popularity of the Las Vegas Hilton Star Trek:The Experience should be proof enough that an alien race can star and carry a series.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                  That's been done already. It was called Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Just subsitute the Federation for the Commonwealth and the Klingons (or whatever warlike race) for the Nietzscheans with the Borg or Dominion being the Magogs. GR wrote the concept a few years after TOS ST ended as "deconstructing Star Trek".

This is very much a different series from what Andromeda was. For the first part in Andromeda the Commonwealth was fallen, in this one things are falling apart and only within the federation while all the other races are doing just fine.

There would be no MAJOR outside threat facing the factions, everyone else is being very careful to not be dragged into what promises to be a very bloody war. The main "villians" ( I´d like all sides to be portrait as only doing what they believe is the right thing to do) would be the human faction.

The difference in the characters is a huge factor as well. In Andromeda you had the rag tag bunch the somehow unites, in my series you have a full crew of highly trained and capable personel who are increasingly being pushed apart from one another by a polorizing political situation.

Plus Andromeda wasn´t all that good And if they never did the same thing then why did they make Enterprise and Voyager, both are just poor clones of TOS and TNG

Comment

just as enterprise did andromeda was made to suck as much profit from the sci fi genra as possible, to use cloned shows that mirror TOS isn't the word i would choose.
                    voyager was a good show for the most part like anyshow if it is thought out with care and done to the best possible standard STV could have been the best sci fi show there was, but it did't admitedly earlier seasons were frankly lacking and as any show in its first 2 years is still trying to find its own style, voyager as much as a odd series as it was did have some great eps and alot of poor ones but the fans fed upon the series non the less, not the best st series it only fell victim to B&B in the last few series it did't go anywhere or push the boudaries that made the show stale in their vein attempt to focus each unique episode on the characters and not push the boundaries to what could have a worthy show with a possible spin off of itself.
                    Enterprise was and being a major fan of startrek a pure attempt the bleed the now decomposing caras dry with amny thanx to B&B the franchise has now been delt a critical blow, plot holes should have led to the ENT falling through but it didn't and i sense has left many fans angry and prejedice against Startrek in general
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Whatever the next series is, i hope they pull their heads out of their rears and set it post DS9, with the ships and species we all know and like. No more back to the past crap, it makes for constricting and stupid stories.

Comment

Working...
                      X