No announcement yet.

Favourite Trek Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janeways beating Sisko?? No way. She made so many bad choices that I'm surprised no one on Voyager mutinied againist her.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Sisko for me

Strong, independent character - he'd break protocal if necessary - and allowed both aspects of his life, destiny and the uniform to grow together without putting one down.

He related to his crew, led a war, made contact and, more importantly...got rid of the hair! Gods bless the later seasons look
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Kirk all the way.

Kirk Boldly went where no one has gone before
        Picard baldly went .... (Just couldn't resist)
        Sisko blandly went (but did improve over time)...
        Janeway butchly went....
        Archer.... he just stumbled

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
          Janeways beating Sisko?? No way. She made so many bad choices that I'm surprised no one on Voyager mutinied againist her.
          Especially considering the number of Maquis.....they couldn't have all changed their stripes so easily. (aside from Seska)

Comment

Originally posted by Lokii View Post
            Kirk all the way.

Kirk Boldly went where no one has gone before
            Picard baldly went .... (Just couldn't resist)
            Sisko blandly went (but did improve over time)...
            Janeway butchly went....
            Archer.... he just stumbled

Lol Janeway wasn't butch she was just..less ladylike?

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
              Lol Janeway wasn't butch she was just..less ladylike?
              Oh I dunno, maybe even less so. That voice of hers was almost as deep as a baritone.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I think it was TV Guide that once speculated on who would win a showdown between Kirk and Picard.....and concluded that while Picard would be trying to negotiate and talk things out, Kirk would just pull out his phaser and shoot him.

Anyway, for me Kirk is the guy, he romanced a different babe on every planet, regarded the Prime Directive as an annoying suggestion, and never hesitated to beam himself down to the current week's "most dangerous planet in the universe".

Picard....pretty darn good also, but maybe a little too perfect, or at least trying to be, especially when compared to Kirk, and he's running a ship filled with families, children even, like a big hotel in space, you sometimes get the feeling Merrill Steubing could just as well be running things.....

As for the rest.....well, they are the rest, not in the same league with James T. and Jean Luc.

Bill K

Comment

James Kirk
                  Jean Luc-Picard
                  Benjamin Sisko
                  Kathryn Janeway
                  Jonathan Archer

Who do you think is the best?

Me I have to go with my boy Jean Luc-Picard, what can't he do? He is by far the best captain out of all of them

Also I never figured this out how do you ask the mods to make a poll? Because I think this should be a poll
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I have to go with Kirk he's the man.
                    sigpic

Comment

While I think Picard and Sisko are excellent Starfleet captains, Kirk is basically THE Star Trek captain.
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                        Also I never figured this out how do you ask the mods to make a poll? Because I think this should be a poll
                        Use the search thread option, this exact thread already exists as a poll.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...vorite+captain
                        The USS Defiant Rocks!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

If I told you. The world would end. Because they all have special qualities.

Comment

Archer, Janeway then the other 3 all equal third.

Comment

Picard is the best captain ever IMO and I would take him over all the others
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic
                              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                                Use the search thread option, this exact thread already exists as a poll.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...vorite+captain
                                I looked for it and I could not find it so I'm sorry
                                A Face you Can Trust
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X