Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SkyOne: Who is the Greatest Star Trek Captain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grendelsbayne
    I recall one episode where he had temporary command of (was it the Yamato?) under Captain Picard's fleet organization to keep the Romulans out of the Klingon civil war... I don't recall any where he actually had his own real command.
    Yeah that is the incident I was talking about. He was the "Captain" of that ship. If the Navy wants to use Captain as a rank and as a title that is their decision and we need to work with it. Now is the discussion is who is the best Captain 06 then Data would never be on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
      I think with Enterprise they should have picked someone less well known. Every time i see him Quantam Leap springs to mind and kills the moment.
      A good actor can overcome that - ex: Dennis Weaver in Gunsmoke and then McCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Dahak
        Yeah that is the incident I was talking about. He was the "Captain" of that ship. If the Navy wants to use Captain as a rank and as a title that is their decision and we need to work with it. Now is the discussion is who is the best Captain 06 then Data would never be on that list.
        He was the captain of that ship for a temporary assignment only. If you count that then you have to start counting all the officers who ever commanded the bridge.
        Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

He was the captain of that ship for a temporary assignment only. If you count that then you have to start counting all the officers who ever commanded the bridge.

Not to get into a tangent but no. Data was assigned to Command that ship. He was not the person who had the watch or happened to be on the bridge during a quantum string collision.
          But yeah he shouldn't count. I just think that Bakual made a huge mistake when he decided to make Archer the furrowing, self absorbed, jerk that he was. I think that SB is a good actor but his potrayal of Archer was bad and never got much better.
          I wouldn't even have minded it if he would just have been a Captain. But no we had everyone telling us how great he was. Then we get Daniels telling us that without Archer the Federation would never form. Then we find out the Archer because he was so great became President (or whatever) of the UFP. Then Archer was the greatest explorer of the 22nd century and they named 2 planets after him. But they never showed us any of that. If Archer would have been a just another Captain like Sisco or Janeway competent and admired fine but to tell us that he was one of the most important people in the UFP and SF history but they never mentioned him is kind of dorky. With Picard and Kirk they showed us with Archer they just told us.

Comment

She might not be the most popular choice, but my vote goes to Janeway.

Comment

Picard

Comment

Picard, he's the embodyment of what we should strive to be like.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by trudy
                  Okay, who had more sex appeal. Kirk 100%, everyone else, 0%. It really creeped me out when they had Picard shirtless.
                  Acctually, for some reason, Patrick Stewart was a sex symbol during the 90s, apparantly.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Harry Kim-Voyager.
                    I think he filled in on night duty once and did a sterling job.

Comment

Acctually he was a captain in endgame

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Sisko (Although was'nt he techincally not a "Captain" to begin with?)
                        Picard
                        Kirk (too young for that)
                        Janeway
                        Emergency Command Hologram
                        Michael Eddington
                        "Jailbird" Archer

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                          Sisko (Although was'nt he techincally not a "Captain" to begin with?)
                          He was a commander in rank, but he had his own station, and later his own ship, too. He was also promoted to Captain after the first few seasons.

Picard
                          Kirk (too young for that)
                          Janeway
                          Emergency Command Hologram
                          Michael Eddington
                          "Jailbird" Archer
                          I don't think Michael Eddington was ever a captain - in rank or position (yes, he was a Maquis leader, but I really don't think that counts, and even if it did, the amount of trust they put in him would've made him something more like an admiral).
                          Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Sisko, he saved the Federation from the greatest challenge it has ever faced. Plus he's got mad hand to hand combat skillz.
                            Last edited by Giantevilhead; 24 May 2005, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fan of jack
                              I think janeway and also picard were the best followed by kirk, archer and sisko. But best of all i liked admiral Q! lol!
                              Janeway had this pinache with the Borg Queen (and I think she got a little cooler when she cut her hair). Archer was way too stupid. Picard was definitely the best. I think Janeway and Picard were the best, followed by Sisko and Kirk. Sorry, Kirk struck me as arrogant and foolhardy.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Janeway looked ten times better with short hair, and maybe ten years younger too? But I still to this day think Captain Kim is the best captain ever.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I recall one episode where he had temporary command of (was it the Yamato?) under Captain Picard's fleet organization to keep the Romulans out of the Klingon civil war... I don't recall any where he actually had his own real command.
                                U.S.S. Sutherland.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X