Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Movies: Motion Picture (I) up to Nemesis (10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, a working forum.

Thanks Darth Buddha. I'll look for the director's cut.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Hmmm. First I will point out the moives they should not have done.

ST 5: People got up and walked out on that one. I wasnt so smart!
      ST 10: 2nd ST movie where people left the movie. I just sat there asking myself how could they make a movie worse than ST5?! But they did. Also, who makes a shuttle craft around a dune buggy?!? Come on, they hop around other planets in shuttles, why not that one. Geeesh that totally sucked! Poor Worf trying to shot that phaser cannon in the back of the buggy as it bounced around. Ever heard of the M1A1 Battle Tank? Hello! Its gun doesnt bounced around you would think in the 24th century they could to alot better.
      Another thing, who makes a ship so large that the corridors can allow a fighter craft to fly through them. Oh and what about the genius that designed a ship that takes 7 minutes to transform itself so it can use a weapon. My goodness who wrote the script? A 5 year old?

I have all the movies but St10 and I aint gonna buy it. Its like Galactica 1980 to me...pretend it never happened!

As for the which of the other films are the best I have to say I really like ST2, ST4 and ST6.
      sigpic

Comment

To be honnest the script for STX sucked , It was a lame ass attempt to starwars trek. It was trumped up and hyped to hell , All it really ended up being was a 21st century CG Flash Gordon and all cliches that apply.

First Contact remains the best TNG trek movie , I loved Star Trek II ! In Nemesis they wanted to make another star trek II except they forgot to make a convincing villain that you could take seriously Khan had style and wit he was a villain you almost wanted to have win, Star Trek X the wraith of Lore LOL! Now thats a movie!
        The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

1. The Voyage Home, mainly because of it's appeal towards non Trek fans
          2. First Contact, pertty much the same reason as The Voyage Home
          3. The Wrath of Khan, KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!!!!!!
          4. The Undiscovered Country
          5. The Search For Spock, lots of problems but Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon saves it
          6. The Motion Picture, too many unecessary scenes
          7. Generations, I can't believe how Kirk died like a red shirt
          8. Nemesis, so many problems
          9. Insurrection, it's basically a two hour episode but not as good
          10. Final Frontier, what a stupid movie

Comment

I'm dividing it up between the original series movies and TNG movies

1. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country- A great movie and good send-off for the original crew. Christopher Plummer was great as Chang and I loved him quoting Shakespear while firing on the Enterprise plus McCoy's line, "I'd give really money if he'd shut up!" This movie had some great lines in it too.

2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan- Another great movie. Ricardo Montaban is great. Loved the stoyline of Kirk discovering his son and the themes of life and death. Spock's death scene remains one of the most emotional moments in ST history.

3. Star Trek III: The Search For Spock- My favorite part of this movie is when they steal the Enterprise from Spacedock. "And now Mr. Scott. Sir? The Doors Mr. Scott. Aye sir I'm working on it!" Also the other great line belongs to Sulu, "Don't Call me Tiny!" Also deeply tragic that Kirk loses his son David, just as he is getting to know him, yet gets his Best friend back.

4. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home- This is just a fun movie. The crew in the 1980's is just fun to watch.

5. Star Trek: The Motion Picture- Probably one of my least favorites, but I really like the director's edition. It helps flesh things out better and fixes the pacing of the film as well.

6. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier- Not really a bad movie, its just it has a plot that it cant live up too. You know that they cant really find GOD. Plus it has the worst special effects in it due to Paramount cutting of the budget.

TNG Movies

1. Star Trek: First Contact- Easily the best featuring TNG crew. A great storyline, which provide for some fun moments. The Borg became truly scary and fully realized in this movie. Patrick Stewart gives an excellent performance as Picard on a quest for his white whale. "The line must be drawn Here!"

2. Star Trek: Generations- I know alot of fans don't like this one as much, but I've always enjoyed it. It was great to see the Enterprise-D on the big screen. I loved the redesign of the Bridge. The 23 Century begining of the movie is just great, I love the interaction between Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov. I love the running "Tuesday" gag. Data's new installed emotion chip, provides for some great laughs. The crashing of the Enterpise remains one of my favorite scenes, although sad cause I loved that ship!

3. Star Trek: Insurrection- Like others said, basically a two-part Next Gen episode. I think if they had worked on it a little more, it could have been alot better. Data discovering his childhood is funny as is Worf's acne. The thing that always irked me is the "Joy Stick" Riker uses to fly the Enterprise-E. Lame.

4. Star Trek: Nemesis- This is an example of what not to do with a Trek film. This movie had plot holes galore in it with Shinzon being Picard's clone and the finding of B-4. Data's "death" was unnescarry and only done cause Brent Spiner wanted out. Riker and Troi's wedding is glossed over too much. Adding the stuff they cut out would have helped make this movie better. I do like the end of the movie where The Enterprise runs into Shinzon's ship though.

Of course now, who knows if will ever get another Trek movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
              Very interesting. Thanks!
              That's an exceptionally good description from Amazon, Hywel. Sometimes they leave a lot to be desired, but that one is spot on.

I'll bet you saw the theatrical release, Jeff. The extended release isn't aired very often, and even then, only recently.

Originally posted by Jonas
              5. Star Trek: The Motion Picture- Probably one of my least favorites, but I really like the director's edition. It helps flesh things out better and fixes the pacing of the film as well.
              I'm with you, Jonas. From my point of view, the second version gets an extra star at least (theatrical release is a **, extended version is a *** to a *** & 1/2).

Comment

1. VI: Deep plot, cultural significance at it's best, Captain Sulu, and I don't care what anyone says, Chang is the greatest Trek villain of all time.

2. IV: A lot of people don't appreciate it when 'serious sci-fi' goes comedy, but this was one of the best sci-fi comedies I've ever seen, and it didn't even have to camp me to death to get there.

3. VIII: Excellent drama, Picard and Data at their best, but nobody else seems to be there at all. Some good lines for worf and a hilarious cameo for the doctor, but still sadly suffering from the 'Picard and Data Show-itis'.

4. II: Ok, he's no Chang, but Khan is pretty cool. And yet we had to find this out by Chekov getting captured and squealing around the screen for ten minutes? Some stuff I didn't like much, but still a great film.

5./6. IX/III: I've got nothing major against either of these, but not really much for them either. They're sort of just out there. I think in a clinch, I'd probably take the Baku over the Genesis planet, but then Christopher LLoyd is a much better villain than the Son'a or Admiral Doughboy.

7. I: Pretty boring, but better than these:

8. V: Not great. Not horrible, some good lines, but: 'I feel your pain'? Come on.

9. VII: Just screwed up... And who let Troi drive the ship?

10. X: Evil. Death. Horridness. Complete lack of respect for every single one of the characters. Data's death, and his entire life, means nothing 'cuz, hey look, we can replace him! Picard is suddenly an action junkie, Worf is back on the Enterprise for no good reason at all, and with all that action we STILL couldn't actually give any important parts to anyone but Picard or Data. Even worse (to me, at least), complete lack of respect for the Trek universe itself and the races within (yes, the Romulan senate allows all packages in without any bomb/plague screenings whatsoever and the entire empire, including the Praetor, who doesn't attend Senate meetings, will bow down to a human because he blew up the senate and has A ship). The plot itself is idiotic (Picard's evil clone? What?) and the story elements are all stolen from earlier films. This one deserves to be buried forever.
                Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                  My favorite: Wraith of Khan.
                  There's a Trek/Atlantis crossover in there somewhere....
                  Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

1~ GENERATIONS & STAR TREK 3 THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK
                    2~ FIRST CONTACT & STAR TREK 4 THE VOYAGE HOME
                    3~ ALL OTHERS
                    4~ STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE

Me i just cant make up my mind!
                    SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                      I'm with you, Jonas. From my point of view, the second version gets an extra star at least (theatrical release is a **, extended version is a *** to a *** & 1/2).
                      Wouldnt the extended version be more boring? I thought that movie was too long already. What is in those exteded scenes that would merit such a boost in quality? A deadly battle with Klingons? The Doomsday Machine makes a cameo? Spock dances across the bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                        Wouldnt the extended version be more boring? I thought that movie was too long already. What is in those exteded scenes that would merit such a boost in quality? A deadly battle with Klingons? The Doomsday Machine makes a cameo? Spock dances across the bridge?
                        Spock dancing...heh like to see that. What dance would a half-vulcan do? Inquiring minds need to know.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Unas

Its not so much extended scenes, but trimmed scenes.

Comment

Working...
                          X