Enterprise. Season4 should have been season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
    As stated in ST:FC, humanity has grown beyond that. It is buried deep within. Picard's darkside only came out when he was up against an enemy that ripped away his humanity and caused him years and years of misery. Archer has not faced anything like that.
    Portraying Humans as the same stagnant culture from TNG during what is supposed to be pre-Federation times was the first mistake. I'm supposed to believe these wimps are capable of lobbing nuclear weapons at the Romulans in a few years? they wouldn't even defend themselves in that recent episode with the Orion bimbo brigade.
    "Time is waiting
    We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
    No hesitating
    Grab a boy and grab a girl!
    Time is waiting
    We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
    No hesitating
    We only got 4 minutes, huh 4 minutes..."

System Lords like to dance too .

Comment

Originally posted by Vetesn
      Portraying Humans as the same stagnant culture from TNG during what is supposed to be pre-Federation times was the first mistake. I'm supposed to believe these wimps are capable of lobbing nuclear weapons at the Romulans in a few years? they wouldn't even defend themselves in that recent episode with the Orion bimbo brigade.
      that was my personal annoyance with the first few seasosn especially, they wudnt jst blow up pple who attacked them, i suprised they actually sent th enterprise to stop the sphere, inseatd of jst waiting to be peacefully blown up

Comment

Typically for me, I started to find this last season quite interesting. My brain hates me, it does this kind of thing all the time. Gets a sniff of a show being cancelled and suddenly it wants to watch.

But to be honest it's been short-lived. I can't help thinking it was a very strange idea to put in so many two and three episode arcs into the show's final season. Just...weird. It's certainly put me off. I'm tired already of seeing 'tbc...' pop up on the screen. And I know from having had a look ahead on TV Tome that there's way more of that pesky little notation to come.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Season 4 is better but it still sucks compared to TOS, TNG, and DS9.

They should have never made Enterprise so advanced and I'm not just talking about technologically. The show was supposed to take place before all the rules and regulations of the Federation. They should have made more mistakes, gave technology to primitive cultures and used dangerous and experimental technology, it would have been a great opportunity to show us why the Federation created the Prime Directive and all those other regulations.

Comment

There seem to be more references to the other series in S4. And when they do slip one in, they don't make it really obvious - I was worried at the end of 'The Augments' that Arik Soong would say 'I think I'll build androids', but instead he said he'd turn his attention to cybernetics. It's not totally in your face.

Comment

seen In a Mirror, Darkly part 1, this episode rocked, T'Pol was very hot, with long hair, instead of that typical Vulcan haircut, she should have looked like this in the normal universe also. (another B&B mistake, as usual)

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                There seem to be more references to the other series in S4. And when they do slip one in, they don't make it really obvious - I was worried at the end of 'The Augments' that Arik Soong would say 'I think I'll build androids', but instead he said he'd turn his attention to cybernetics. It's not totally in your face.
                That actually reminded me how much that annoyed me lol. Not hugely but in the way losing a pen does

Didnt like the refernece to the brier (sp) patch i mena why? its not even in klingon space! if ur gonna name drop least do it right!

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
                  That actually reminded me how much that annoyed me lol. Not hugely but in the way losing a pen does

Didnt like the refernece to the brier (sp) patch i mena why? its not even in klingon space! if ur gonna name drop least do it right!
                  Briar Patch was the English translation. They said the Klingon name for it, I'm pretty sure they did anyway.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                    Briar Patch was the English translation. They said the Klingon name for it, I'm pretty sure they did anyway.
                    They called it the brier patch im sure of it. I know its really nit picking, but why bother if ur not gonna be accurate

I really wanted to see developments in shield tech, we saw early forcefields in season 1 (i think) and they've seen other races with energy shields, bout time we had some

Comment

Working...
                    X