Google in Klingon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
    The sad part about the google in klingon is that a friend of mine can read and speak fluent klingon.
    He's not the only one. Last year a mental health institution here in Oregon advertised briefly (very briefly) for a Klingon-speaker. Seems they're required by law to have someone on staff who speaks the language of every inmate. And they had an inmate who claimed to be Klingon ....

Then there's the mental hospital whose nursing staff used Klingon around the patients--you see, the patients were crazy, not stupid, and often used things they overheard to try and manipulate the system; speaking in a language they couldn't understand eliminated that problem. A couple of the nurses were big Trekkies, and it snowballed from there. But nobody told the doctors about it, apparently. Because a couple of months later, one of the psychyatrists was trying to do research into shared delusions. Seems a number of his patients were complaining that the nurses were speaking in an alien language ...
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
      He's not the only one. Last year a mental health institution here in Oregon advertised briefly (very briefly) for a Klingon-speaker. Seems they're required by law to have someone on staff who speaks the language of every inmate. And they had an inmate who claimed to be Klingon ....

Then there's the mental hospital whose nursing staff used Klingon around the patients--you see, the patients were crazy, not stupid, and often used things they overheard to try and manipulate the system; speaking in a language they couldn't understand eliminated that problem. A couple of the nurses were big Trekkies, and it snowballed from there. But nobody told the doctors about it, apparently. Because a couple of months later, one of the psychyatrists was trying to do research into shared delusions. Seems a number of his patients were complaining that the nurses were speaking in an alien language ...

Thats mad!! lol

I showed my brother (a HUUUUUGGGEEE Trekkie) the Google and he laughed so hard, before deciding if its done in Klingon it should be done in all the other languages as well, and went on to ask me to update him whenever they decided to do it in ancient Bajoran lol
      meh

Comment

Too bad there's not enough Goa'uld words to make a Goa'uld Google... I can see it now, instead of search it could just be "Google, Kree!"
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
          Too bad there's not enough Goa'uld words to make a Goa'uld Google... I can see it now, instead of search it could just be "Google, Kree!"

lol that would be hilarious
          meh

Comment

I wonder if you could use Google in the Ancient Database?
            If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Working...
            X