No announcement yet.

Finale, Part 2 (1022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to give this episode an 8/10.

I felt like the producers were trying to mash everything up all in an hour and something minutes. While their intentions are good, an extra episode before Finale would've been nice!!!

Lex Luthor coming back for the finale was very appropriate however, I felt like he deserved more screen time! I especially enjoyed the Clark & Lex conversation at the burnt mansion - it had so much potential! Sadly, I was bummed out when his memories were erased by a simple touch............ WHA!?!?!?!

I was hoping Lana Lang would be put in somewhere but oh well!

Here's to 10 years of Smallville! It finally ended! Now time to go look for something else to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Vey View Post
      Lex Luthor coming back for the finale was very appropriate however, I felt like he deserved more screen time! I especially enjoyed the Clark & Lex conversation at the burnt mansion - it had so much potential! Sadly, I was bummed out when his memories were erased by a simple touch............ WHA!?!?!?!
      Well, to be fair, Rosenbaum was only available for one day of filming.

Comment

I really enjoyed the finale! It was great that Rosenbaum came back, I was glad to see a Clark/Lex scene, the chemistry between the two have always been great... I really missed him these last five years of the show. LOVED the last half hour the best, when Clark was taking the final steps to be Superman. Now I want a series where he is Superman! Kudos to all the actors, it's been a great ride for 10 yrs!

Comment

I really loved that finale too! Many friends hated it, but I just loved it because it was so much in the spirit of the comics!
          Of course, many details were totally stupid, non-scientific, and irrationnal, but that was a real comic-atmosphere.
          And as other said, that's a great way to end a series!

I hope they will make 1-2 movies, with the same team. Something nice about the Justice Leage, for example. And of course CK in his Superman-Costume

One detail: I would have loved to see Perry White as angry boss, why did we only hear him?
          Stargate Network, a Stargate 3D Fan-Game. Find our demo on ModDB.
          And comment it on this GW Forum Thread

Comment

Warning: this short critique is negative. If you loved the finale, you probably won't like what I have to say.

We (the wife and I) just finished watching all 10 seasons, from start to finish. It took us a little over a year. We're both big Superman fans... well we're big fans of just about most comics and sci-fi (not SyFy) and we like to watch shows in large chunks. Anyway, we're sadly on the "haters" side of Smallville after sitting through all Clark's whining and pining, the relentless love triangles, and pointless bantering. Even going beyond the "Smallville 90210" comments, this entire show could have been half the length.

The finale was a major letdown, everything took twice as long as it should have, the pacing was all over the place. The real Darkseid would not have tried to take over Earth by stealth and subversion, but raw, glorious, military strength. They should have dedicated their budget to more than just 12 seconds of Superman saving the world at the end. We felt the same way when Kal-El "defeated" Doomsday. A 2-second blur followed by an explosion and no real explanation other than "Yeah, Doomsday is buried for good." So where did Kal-El push Apocalypse? Just out of the atmosphere? Why no retribution by Darkseid? It did not feel like a victory in the slightest. In a word: pathetic.

Thank God it's all over.

Comment

It may not have been perfect, but I still really look upon this series finale quite fondly.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                It may not have been perfect, but I still really look upon this series finale quite fondly.
                As do I. I disagree with nathanddrews' assessment. The show was based on the characters from the Superman 'verse, but was very much it's own entity. If people dislike shows so much...why watch all 10 seasons. Personally, I loved Smallville.
                sigpic

Comment

Why watch it? We watched it because we ARE so fond of Superman and we kept watching in hopes that it would get better. And it did get better in some ways, when Clark left Smallville to seek his destiny as "The Blur" in Metropolis, it felt like he was really trying to leave his forlorn attitude behind him and embrace his true self.

The most grating part of the show was that it focused too much on overly exaggerated and overly emotional relationships. Also, less whining would have been better. You can have a strong and emotionally deep Clark character without resorting to cheap, Dawson's Creek drama.

Ultimately, it's just disappointing that it took EIGHT seasons of Clark repeating the same mistakes before he took his destiny seriously. We just feel that this could have been accomplished in much less time and made for a much more engaging and interesting show.

YMMV

Comment

I can see why people don't like the show. It has its flaws. Many of which I just learned to ignore because some were typical to the style of the show. Sure it could have been written differently some other creators who could have set a different tone from the start, but it probably wouldn't have been the Smallville I enjoyed.

Smallville was more about Clark than it was about Superman. I liked that about the show. I did think some of the relationship stuff did get tedious. But the core story of the series was great, imo.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                      I can see why people don't like the show. It has its flaws. Many of which I just learned to ignore because some were typical to the style of the show. Sure it could have been written differently some other creators who could have set a different tone from the start, but it probably wouldn't have been the Smallville I enjoyed.

Smallville was more about Clark than it was about Superman. I liked that about the show. I did think some of the relationship stuff did get tedious. But the core story of the series was great, imo.
                      Exactly, the show wasn't called Superman...it was Smallville. Just like with every show, there will be people who don't like it for whatever reason. However, if I don't like something...I don't watch ten seasons of it...even if it is supposed to be based on something that I love. I used to love Battlestar Galactica when I was a kid. Then the new BSG came on...and I was so extremely disappointed to see my campy 70s show turned into a soap opera. Did I watch all of the seasons and then log in to complain about it? No, I didn't. I stopped watching and found something better to do with that hour of my life. Anyhoo...I do agree with LoneStar1836, that the show was about Clark coming into his own more than it was about Superman.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would like to see a Superman tv show that follows Smallville, even if there's a gap of a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
                          I would like to see a Superman tv show that follows Smallville, even if there's a gap of a few years.
                          I would too...I just don't think Tom Welling would do it. I read somewhere that he was opposed to wearing the Superman costume.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just got season 10 for Christmas! I enjoyed rewatching the season.
                            sigpic

Comment

Coming from a rewatch I have to say that his battles with the big bads were very unsatisfying. Most of the battles were them fighting for a bit then him using a crystal or something else and winning. You only really saw him fight hard with Titan, Doomsday threw him but then he tackled Doomsday.

Don't get me wrong, the show is still good but you really notice these fights aren't as much as they could be.

Comment

And im glad he did do that one day of filming.
                                Would have been a terrible loss not to have his main enemy appear in the final episode as he had such an impact on the show.

I thought he was a very good Lex particularly in later seasons.
                                He was much more cold,nasty etc.

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                                Well, to be fair, Rosenbaum was only available for one day of filming.

Comment

Working...
                                X