who likes smallville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I loved Lois and Clark, (known in the UK as 'The new Adventures of Superman'
    Well, that was actually the subtitle as well on this side of the Atlantic.

Anyway, as a Superman fan, I like Smallville, but I have a feeling I probably wouldn't bother w/ it if not for that; all the seasons seem to be very hit or miss, w/ roughly half being good but the other half being pretty bad. Also, one other problem is that although the short-term continuity is excellent, the long-term continuity seems incredibly sloppy at times (often just for the sake that nobody suspect anything, which they could've made an interesting subplot out of).

That said, the season that's my favorite is season 2, as that one actually started looking into Clark's history. Season 3 wasn't as good, season 4 so far is better than season 3 but hasn't beated season 2 yet, and season 1 is my least favorite if only for introducing the over-abused Krypto-freak, but that's only the main reason rather than the sole one. What I like about season 4 is that it's focusing more on some actual comic baddies (though Mxyzptlk could've been much better) instead of the Krypto-freaks, but it still has Clark acting way too brainless way too much.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Smallville: the show that drove me away with its shippiness. I normally don't mind it but I couldn't stand Lana in general, let alone in any scene with Clark and an episode that was basically her sweaty and naked put me off quite a bit to the point I haven't watched since (though it thrilled me that Jensen Ackles had joined the cast). It a pity because other aspects of the show were good (such as Lex who alone makes the show worthwhile) but not enough to keep me tuned in. Oh well. Can't really watch the WB without feeling a tad bit bitter anyway. I miss Angel.

Reminds me, I got a few Smallville vids sitting around my drive somewhere. Might just take a peek to remind me how excellent the show could be.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
        No one watched it. Well let me re-phrase not enough people watched it. Why? They put it on way too late then never advertised it.
        Lost starts sometime in February I think.
        I remember Smallville being on at 7.30pm on Saturdays? I never remember it being on at a late timeslot. However I remember every second episode, channel nine putting it off for 2 weeks. Thats probably what ended up killing it here, in Australia.

And yep Lost is beening screened in Feb.
        "Dad, what's a muppet?"-Lisa
        "Well it's not quite a mop, and it's quite a puppet
        but maaan. So does that answer your question? I
        don't know."-Homer

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
          Yeah, well, in Smallville, so far-
          Spoiler:
          he's still a goodie goodie. In fact, I've noticed in his weird relationship with lana and chloe, Its like, he doesn't love chloe, he doesn't want anyone else to have chloe, chloe gets someone, suddenly he goes Kojak on her boyfriend, he wants lana, lana don't want him, lana hate him, lana love him, he's really annoying. What freaked me out is only the red kryptonite clark can fly??!! What kind of a mad world is this?? I know he gets his powers later but, Superman? Stuck on the ground? Well, i guess he still has the two mile jump and eight mile run, but will that get you authentic chinese food, fresh? I no think so. But I tune in, everynight to see it, just hoping, maybe, his dad'll knock some sense into him.

Why did they drop it in australia? Can't you upload American or Candian TV with satillite? I dont want to sound ignorent here but as far as oversea Tv goes, I'm lost - do they show Lost? see I'm moving soon .. need some TV pointers.
          Thanks so much for the up-date. That whole triangle is gettin a bit old, isnt it.

Wow moving, how exciting!

Us Aussies have it hard . Australian free air T.V in particular has no respect for quality shows.
          Although they do show them they tend to drop them within a season or screen it at the lastest possible timeslot, like Scrubs (Wed 11.30pm). And if you're a Firefly fan, in Australia its screened at 1.00am.
          Infact Stargate is the only one that has put up a fight, goin from a 7.30pm timeslot on Saturdays to a 9.30pm timeslot on Thursdays which isnt that bad but lets hope that it does side further.
          The 4400, Battlestar Galatica, and The Lost are some of the shows being introduced later this summer.
          don't know."-Homer

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
            I'm a health food manic. I love Wild Oats and only drink unhomogenized protiens and love Amish chickens. I'm wierd that way.

Ever try brie cheese with a side of fresh eggs on whole wheat bran bread and apple cider? It's good.
            If you love brie you should try Strancchino cheese.mmmmmmmmmm.

Wow you are a bit of a health manic, arent ya.
            Im not as much of a manic as you are but I dont eat eggs from the supermarket or for that matter any fruit or veg. Our family keep chickens and grow all of our fruit and veg. So we eat food when its in season, which i think is healthier. Plus we always have home cooked meals using everything from our garden.
            My friends call my a freak when i say.... oh ....i had broad beans of dinner last night or when im the only one not in line for Mc'Donalds. (i wont eat Mc' Donalds even if my life depended on it .)
            don't know."-Homer

Comment

Originally posted by FieryHands
              Smallville: the show that drove me away with its shippiness. I normally don't mind it but I couldn't stand Lana in general, let alone in any scene with Clark and an episode that was basically her sweaty and naked put me off quite a bit to the point I haven't watched since (though it thrilled me that Jensen Ackles had joined the cast). It a pity because other aspects of the show were good (such as Lex who alone makes the show worthwhile) but not enough to keep me tuned in. Oh well. Can't really watch the WB without feeling a tad bit bitter anyway. I miss Angel.

Reminds me, I got a few Smallville vids sitting around my drive somewhere. Might just take a peek to remind me how excellent the show could be.
              It's funny because Lana - or rather Kristen - was the main reason i watched it. But that's a whole other story

Comment

Originally posted by Tauri
                I remember Smallville being on at 7.30pm on Saturdays? I never remember it being on at a late timeslot. However I remember every second episode, channel nine putting it off for 2 weeks. Thats probably what ended up killing it here, in Australia.

And yep Lost is beening screened in Feb.
                They moved it to 10.30 or 11pm or something for a few weeks then canned it.

Comment

I liked the first few episodes and then it got tiring. WAY too much ship between WAY too many people. I used to love Lois & Clark though, but the last season or so got really bad.
                  Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                  RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

am i the only person who found smallville and Lois & clark both nausiating to watch ?
                    dont get me wrong, i liked the superman movies (well, the 1st 2 anyway) and the relationshop clark kent had with lois lane was good but not exsessive ship, and lex luthor was a masterstroke for a "Bad Guy", but come on! the series are all predictable and utterly boring by comparison to shows of the callibre or say, alias, babylon 5, space above and beyond, stargate , stargate atlantis, battlestar galactica, The shield, the 4400, i could go on
                    every time i have tried to watch either lois&clark or smallville i have just been bored to tears with its crappy storylines, crappy character development, and ship overdose!

good riddance to bad rubbish

Comment

I'm not really a big Superman fan, but I've saw a few episodes of Smallville and it's quite good.

Comment

I like Smallville. I wouldn't say it's on my have to sit down and watch it while it's on list, but it's on my TIVO list, so it gets recorded and we eventually watch it. I especially like the Lex/Clark dynamic, seeing how Lex turned out to be as evil as he eventually becomes. I'm also enjoying this season, with the addition of Perry White and Lois Lane.

But between Smallville and Lois and Clark, I'd have to go with Lois and Clark.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
                          It's funny because Lana - or rather Kristen - was the main reason i watched it. But that's a whole other story
                          Yea, that was one reason I stayed tuned. I also new that Clark was not going to have her in the end...at least not according to anything I'd read in comic books. I thought the whole shippy thing a bit of a waste because everyone knows that Lois Lane is Clark's/Superman's soulmate. It was so cool this season when:

Spoiler:
                          the character of Lois Lane was introduced, and Clark/Kal-El finally flew

and those effects were awesome!

Ewww....my first spoiler tag...and it worked!
                          Last edited by Ancient 1; 10 January 2005, 11:36 AM. Reason: still learning stuff

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            I also new that Clark was not going to have her in the end...at least not according to anything I'd read in comic books. I thought the whole shippy thing a bit of a waste because everyone knows that Lois Lane is Clark's/Superman's soulmate.
                            That's one reason why I find the relationship so nausating. It wouldn't be right for Clark to end up with Lana. It just shouldn't happen.

Comment

I've been a fan of Smallville since the beginning (I even belonged to the Smallville Torch MB for quite some time). I was also a fan of Lois and Clark.
                              Unfortunatly, I haven't gotten to see much of this season do to one of my classes being on Wednesday nights, but this quarter I don't have any, so I'll be able to catch up again.

I LOVED the beginning of the series. Though the 'freak-of-the-week' thing may have been a bit annoying to some, I personally liked it. One thing I really hate about the show is the Jor-el story. Him being 'evil' and all. I always pictured Jor-el to be a leading father, leading him to what he was to become, Superman, a protector of Earth. Not that he sent him to Earth to take it over and rule it. That just seems to be stupid plot device to me....

As for the shippyness of the series, I agree, the Chloe-Clark-Lana thing is annoying. Chloe is a strong person, she should be able to move on from Clark, instead they make her pining over him every episode, it's not in Chloe's character to do that imo. And Lana just needs to make up her mind....

I liked what they did with Lois though. When I first heard that she was going to show up, I thought they were just plain stupid, and that there was going to be another love triangle. But I'm really glad they didn't do that. They made her come in, have a wonderful chemistry with Clark without make it shippy, and then she left. It was perfect; and the relationship they had, a sort of brother-sister one, was really nice.

I have no complaints about Lex

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
                              "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
                              The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
                              "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
                              Only I will remain."

Comment

Originally posted by QueenKale
                                just needs to make up her mind....
                                I liked what they did with Lois though....It was perfect; and the relationship they had, a sort of brother-sister one, was really nice.
                                My perverted sense of humor makes me wonder that after she saw him naked, she kept calling him "smallville."

Originally posted by QueenKale
                                I have no complaints about Lex
                                As stated before, IMO, the nature of the Lex/Clark relationship is the driving force for the show. The shippy stuff gets in the way at times, but is easily overlooked...by me.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X