Why does Smallville keep stopping???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
    Yeh and how do you americans know when the show is gonna be on when there is such long breaks, or there is 1 ep then 2 week break then 1 ep then 1 week break, how do you keep track??
    We don't. We get all pissed offa nd just simply stop watching. I for one am not going to get into another show because I just don't have the time to get on-line every five minutes to see what when the new ep. will be on. The networks don't even have a clue how many people stop watching because the nelson rating suck monkey butt.
    Anything Stargate is an exception to the rule. I only have a souple more eps. to watch for Smallville and already stoped watching Sopranoes. I'll watch those on DVD. I am only going to watch Smallille because it's almost over and Superman is the best superhero ever.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      American television is oversaturated. American TV Network Executives think that Americans have nothing better to do than watch TV. If you're not watching Smallville, no biggie, you'll watch something else. Notice how TV seasons and the episodes themselves have gotten shorter?

Season Length
      In the 1960's, a standard TV season was 30 episodes. This has shortened to 26, 24, 22, and now 20 episodes per season. Some shows have 13-episode seasons.

Episode Length
      In the 1960's, a standard TV episode was 50 minutes long with 10 minutes of commercials. The ratio changed to 45-minute episodes with 15 minutes of commercials. Now the ratio is 42-minute episodes with 18 minutes of commercials.
      It's becaue they are thinking to much about change and how to make it better and more profitable and taking into consideration that no one cares and that we have better things to do then watch TV and the only people taey have to satisfy is the Nelson family that I truly believe only get channels 2-13. (free TV) Because I don't know a sinlge sole that watches reality TV and I know people from California to Florida all the way up to Washington and New york. (sorry Maine and Alaska) These people are from all walks of life that would kill eachother if they were all in the same room together. And to top it off. Reality TV is so fake.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Well figured that you'd get pissed off, so would I.
        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

its because of the writers

Comment

and their stupid striking for more money or something

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Because a lot of tv channels are doing this crap now. More than one hiatus in a season. It sucks, but it is becoming the new tv reality.
              Say it ain't so!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK View Post
                It's becaue they are thinking to much about change and how to make it better and more profitable and taking into consideration that no one cares and that we have better things to do then watch TV and the only people taey have to satisfy is the Nelson family that I truly believe only get channels 2-13. (free TV) Because I don't know a sinlge sole that watches reality TV and I know people from California to Florida all the way up to Washington and New york. (sorry Maine and Alaska) These people are from all walks of life that would kill eachother if they were all in the same room together. And to top it off. Reality TV is so fake.
                Someone is lying to us. Neither my friends nor I watch any of the so called reality shows, yet they persist to litter my selections for entertainment. That's why my TV is on FOX most evenings, except for SciFi Fridays, and even then I don't ususally turn it over until 10. Greta's gotta go!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Yea that hiatus thing you Americans have seems daft, we just have a 2 week break for Christmas then its back to normal scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    It's all down a little mystery called 'May Sweeps'. Why everyone would want their shows to end at the same time is beyond me, but I try not to understand Americans, it could make a person's mind collapse.
                    Watch the rudeness. We, incomprehensible Americans, are the ones making these TV shows that you love. And we have to endure the same breaks that you have to endure as well.

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                    Yeh and how do you americans know when the show is gonna be on when there is such long breaks, or there is 1 ep then 2 week break then 1 ep then 1 week break, how do you keep track??
                    We have guides on our TVs which list shows that are playing. I personally have a DVR, and I set it to record new episodes of the shows that I like to watch. And get off the "Americans" kick. As a people, we have no control over when they show the episodes, and its as frustrating to us.

People we have no control over it. Shows used to be longer in the 50s through the 70s...and gradually got shorter because of marketing. Television...no matter what country its in...is about making money. If you make more episodes you have to pay the actors more. Where does this money come from? The commercials shown during the episodes. As far as the breaks between episodes, only the television excutives know the rationale behind it. So, quit bashing Americans as a whole.
                    sigpic

Comment

Technically, you Americans are WRITING the show.... we Canadians are actually making them.

Comment

Working...
                      X