No announcement yet.

Sleepy Hollow (Fox) News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say AT could play a very powerful witch from the olden time long ago.

I just watched the first few episodes, so I'm new to the discussion. (Hi!) So far I'm liking the directing, the music, the makeup, the costumes, the humour, and the main title sequence. Other than that, I'll have to see how it develops.
    sigpic
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
      She could be family to a woman Crane knew back in the day.
      o0o0o0o
      I like that idea!!
      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I like pretty much everything except the mythology they use, mostly 'cause I'm not familiar with it. And does seem a little overused.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          I like pretty much everything except the mythology they use, mostly 'cause I'm not familiar with it. And does seem a little overused.
          What mythology are you referring to? Biblical book of Revelations? If so, I wouldn't worry that you need to be familiar with it. It's a book written using symbolism and apocalyptic language that writers of most shows take small bits from and then create a mythology that fits their purpose. Having read the book offers little benefit about how the mythology of this show works.
          sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more enjoyable if one is unfamiliar with the mythology, because of how many different interpretations are often possible and/or used when a TV show, movie or book is created.

For example, I was unfamiliar with The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and simply thought the plot sounded appealing. However, I've read that there are many viewers who were less than thrilled with certain changes in the show compared to the book it's supposedly based on.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I've read the original story many times, but not for years. Liked the Tim Burton movie, and I'm liking this show. In the story, Ichabod was a school teacher, so they made him a professor. Wonder if Katrina Crane's maiden name was Van Tassel.

There should be somebody in the show named Brom, just 'cause.
              Last edited by Morgania; 11 October 2013, 08:59 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

My knowledge of this tale is based on a childhood Disney cartoon that would usually come on during the month of October
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  My knowledge of this tale is based on a childhood Disney cartoon that would usually come on during the month of October
                  I used to watch that cartoon whenever it was on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                    Originally posted by fems View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if it's more enjoyable if one is unfamiliar with the mythology, because of how many different interpretations are often possible and/or used when a TV show, movie or book is created.
                    I'm thinking that's true, not knowing the mythology probably adds to the enjoyment, because you're watching the show instead of arguing with the TV. I never read Sleepy Hollow and I don't know much about the rest of the mythology they're tossing in, but I don't care about it either, so it's all good.

Just like not knowing much about weaponry meant that I never watched a single episode of Stargate thinking "no way those bullets would do that" or whatever (I don't even know enough about it to formulate a decent analogy ... heh.)
                    sigpic

Comment

I have vague memories of doing The Legend of Sleepy Hollow as a play in grade school many years ago..

Comment

I've seen the first four episodes and am quickly falling for this show. It is getting better and better.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I'm enjoying this show too. Ichabod, what a great character with a great name!

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post
                            I say AT could play a very powerful witch from the olden time long ago.

I just watched the first few episodes, so I'm new to the discussion. (Hi!) So far I'm liking the directing, the music, the makeup, the costumes, the humour, and the main title sequence. Other than that, I'll have to see how it develops.
                            She needs to play someone who will be around a few eps. The witch idea is a good one. Even maybe Katrina's offspring.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              I know! Crane was a geeky nobody. Never would've pictured him like this. Hubba hubba!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                                She needs to play someone who will be around a few eps. The witch idea is a good one. Even maybe Katrina's offspring.
                                I do wonder if Ichabod and Katrina had any kids. Will we find out?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X