No announcement yet.

Sleepers (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've now watched this ep twice as I needed time to think things over before giving my thoughts on it.

Not really my fav ep, but that might be because of the whole vampire theme. Anymore, IMO, vampires are so obsolete. When Buffy came on the scene, it was fresh and excitingly new, but I've grown tired with the hype surrounding vamps for now what with Twilight and everything else. Personally, I'm more than glad TPTB decided to drop this power in Tesla and decided to pick up something a bit more unique and fresh. I'm definitely looking forward to Tesla exploring more of his 'Magneto' side and can't help ponder some of the exciting plots involving him using this.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i had the same question about hte double ended devamper (there has to be a writer's room joke in there)

why make a vulnerability into it?

then again, he underestimated them accidentally getting vamped by death, he underestimated their strength and power, he underestimated their quest for power...so he probably just didn't think through his devamper....he made it, it should work, good enough

not enough troubleshooting

which is one of nikola's weaknesses, his own arrogance
    Can't agree with you more as I also wondered about this. You'd think he would take into consideration all the possible outcomes in making this de-vamper. Hate to say it, but Tesla deserved everything he got for his inflated ego.

One that note, I did love Kate's response to Tesla name for his creation:
    "I call it...the Devamper!'
    "Your a genius and that is the best name you can come up with?"

This part did make me laugh outright. Her disdain was so dripping.

I do hope Henry and BF make an appearance soon in the shows to come, though images of them surfing and going to the San Diego CC as fanboys does make me smirk. I love how TPTB have a sense of humor rather than say they were away on business which is just dull. They do love to titillate our imaginations.

Helen as usual took my breath away with her beauty and she was so spot on with her lines and reactions. I do know my gf was poking me quite a bit with my intense interest when we watched it together. Of course, she can't help but agree with me on the subject..heh.

Now I just need to get through the withdrawal of a few weeks hiatus from the show. Darn holidays getting in the way!

Comment

I think the lack of Henry and The Big Guy might be to get viewers to focus on the development of Kate.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        so, season 3, helen continues to help tesla find his vampness. he thinks he's found it, and by testing it, bites helen... she's either part vampire, or she's drawn to him and... i want to see this happen on the show!

^^ that was speculation, no actual spoilers
        Nah, I can't go along with that, my friend.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i 'think', b/c helen actually likes tesla. and, i think she might have felt some empathy with him, maybe wondering what it would be like to lose her 'power'... maybe she realized she'd not be happy with it either?

but this is just guessing.
        Yes, they have a weird bond. And come to think of it Helen's awfully forgiving of her fellow 5; or at least practical. Tesla did try to have her killed after all. And she finds a way to work with druitt despite his murderous ways.

Comment

And she finds a way to work with druitt despite his murderous ways.
          Tesla concocted something which dimmed this down.

Comment

NO!!!! you can't de-vamp Tesla!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Yes, they have a weird bond. And come to think of it Helen's awfully forgiving of her fellow 5; or at least practical. Tesla did try to have her killed after all. And she finds a way to work with druitt despite his murderous ways.
              She really is very tolerant of them, or specifically of Druitt and Tesla, since she was on good terms with Watson, and we don't know much about Griffin. I guess it makes sense since those 4 guys have been the one constant, in a way, in her life. The world and everything else has changed, but some part of the Five has always been there.

Now that Tesla has been devamped, I'm guessing he's also lost his immortality, despite his new magnetic powers. So Helen and Druitt are the only 'immortals' left, and it seems like in Haunted
              Spoiler:

something happens that leads to Druitt disappearing, perhaps like he did in Sanctuary for All when Helen presumed he was dead.

sigpic

Comment

I do feel obliged to point out that Magnetism and Electricity are basically the same thing. So maybe Tesla desanguinated without deelectromagnetisming.

Still meh on Kate — and an episode without Henry is an episode without sunshine. (Not that I didn't love the Tesla.)

Comment

After three days recovering from this astounding episode, I can finally put my opinion into words. (Albeit very short words)

Booooo, Tesla's not a vampire! But mostly, I'm just sad for him. The way he pathetically said "I'm ordinary" nearly made me cry.

Hey, but he's happy in the end with the new powers.

I've really missed his character this season. When he enters with that "Hola, amigos!" I think I squeed for a minute straight.

I hope his new power means he'll have to hang around the Sanctuary for a few episodes more. ^-^

As for the episode itself though, it was fantastic! I mean, the rich-kid-vampires were so annoying, but I liked that because it just made Tesla so much more snarky and hilarious.

Hooray for Sanctuary!

Comment

Originally posted by KaKaCarter View Post
                    There must be some of that cabal source blood left!
                    speaking of that, doesn't helen have some of her own blood left, in vials (that she gave to john once)?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      that's making me think. stop that.

but yeah, she *is* quite forgiving... maybe like a group of youngsters experimenting, and it going kind of bad. she remembers them all like they were before the screwed with things and altered themselves permanently. and maybe because she was the first to try it, she might feel a bit of responsibility in that they saw she was alright, so they went second, third, so on?

it really does give food for thought.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

Now that Tesla has been devamped, I'm guessing he's also lost his immortality, despite his new magnetic powers.
                        i was wondering that, about whether tesla lost it. we don't really know, do we?? (i hope not)
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

good episode I love the interaction between Nicola and Helen, but when he electrified the boys to become human again, I was intrigued because if I remember nicola electrified Ashley, she was not supposed to be human? "I do not know but whatever was this new invention of nicola, will take to bring Ashley back to its normal state .... Season 3 only in a few months but I 'm dying to see what will happen ... the Druitt episode , is that in 2 weeks *******s

is a pity I'm anxious to see the episode Helen / Druitt can be seen as aired in the UK?
                          not on the web, already tried, If anyone has the episode or know where find it tell me please ...

Comment

I liked the "we can do vampires on the show... but now they're extinct, ha!" angle It makes the point that Sanctuary isn't a vampire show, that's just one of the many things it can borrow for an ep.
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I'm not sure if Helen is accepting as much as....these guys are the only ones that REALLY know what it's like. they're the only ones that know what it's like to keep outliving everyone, to see history repeating itself over and over

it's also possible that, 'a hundred years ago' when helen founded the sanctuaries, tesla, watson, griffin all helped her. they helped her achieve her dreams so she owes them her dreams, and the lives of every abby she's helped.

there's a bond and 'blood debt' that will always exist

it would be like, to drag sg1 into it, sam and her team will always be there for each other, always.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Even though I haven't seen this episode, or penance , I saw that on imdb this episode is dedicated to the memory of Jonathon Young's kids. Respect and commiserations. Well, even though I haven't seen the episode yet, I can tell it certainly did not disappoint in terms of honoring his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X