Next Tuesday (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    definitely Druitt looks better in appearance, but he still is --perhaps a reformed version, tho-- "Jack the Ripper"

Oh, I was thinking he's Bigfoot.. so his pic might end up making it into the tabloids as a bizarre creature sighting..
    Yeah and that is so wrong on so many leves LOL

Can anybody say Enquire

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    'Hello beastie' was the Pirates reference. 'Plenty of fish in the sea' was just a silly joke you wouldn't really expect someone as sophisticated as Helen to say, which made it all the more funny to me.
    Also they been attack and chase by two beasts of the sea and almost drown also stranded in water, Will did say something about the fact that “It is official I hate sea food” so it was more like an out of place joke in.

Originally posted by EventstarSRV View Post
    That's an interesting thought. I did think it odd that Helen wanted to keep Will around but let Henry and Bigfoot, two people she's probably closer to than Will, go off surfing. But I can see her not wanting someone to coddle her, just someone to be there to distract her enough to get through the day.
    I also think that Bigfoot and Henry would be more affected by the fact that Ashley is gone; they would probably try and coddle Helen big time but also the time would probably sadden them more since they knew Ashley far more time than Will has; so sending them away or allowing them to go away from the Sanctuary was in a way in my opinion, the way of Helen to “protect” them from that pain since she was already suffering for the approaching day.
    sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

absolutely loved this episode. Like last year's submarine episode isolating will and helen worked really well. It kept me on the edge of my seat as i certainly didn't guess there was a scorpion beastie on board. at one point where helen finds the gue I was sure it was going to be a mother squid protecting her young.

Also really like the slow reveal of what was really going on emotionally. Will's reasons for wanting to go to iceland exposed. Then magnus real reason for German trip and then finally the crushing revelation (that it is ashley's birthday and she didn't want to be alone)

Loved the titanic reference.(now i just want to see the titanic episode(pls make one)) Been trying to fine tune my own helen titanic chapter of my tesla fic for the last few weeks which gave me a happy moment as i watched the episode. Really hope next season they give us some of the meaty historical dramas helen's been through rather than just these dropped teasers.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        3rd class passengers were locked up down below... so when they made it to the boatdecks most lifeboats (there were a few left of course, plus the four rafts) were already gone. Cameron's film isn't that far from the truth in that regard. And the lists of survivors pretty much speak for themselves too.

And as I remember correctly, Molly Brown was in a boat that didn't return after the Titanic went under. So, that one had to have been close to the sinking ship, and Helen must have ended in the water somewhere between them rowing away and the ship going under.
        So, if she refused to get into a boat, which is plausible (she wouldn't have been the only one) - then Molly Brown couldn't have saved her.

Maybe there was an abnormal on board...

But in any case - I'd love to hear more about that "adventure".
        And Jack the Ripper is a teleporting abnormal...see what I mean. Throw history out the window my friend , this is sci fi lol

Comment

Just popping in with my five cents on the newest ep.
          Spoiler:
          I thought it was pretty cool. I must admit when I heard Helen say "Hello beastie" I too couldn't help but laugh at the the little poke at PotC!! But I am a little bit lost at the significance of the "Hail Mary" line? I know there's a religious connotation behind it but is there any reason why Helen would look at Will like that when he said it?
          Also loved the reference to her being on the Titanic and Molly Brown saving her life. And I actually liked the squid...I hope they eventually do get to catch him and take him home...he's kinda cool and protective of his captors!
          Kinda miffed though that it ended like it did...very weird!
          And yet again, Amanda has ended up in the drink...see...this is why I asked her at AT4 why is it that her characters in SG1, SGA and Sanctuary end up getting wet.
          But anyhoo, the ep IMHO was quite cool. I can't wait to see if they do show us how they get rescued.
          Only other thing I question is....Henry surfing in Tasmania??? What??? best surf in Oz is in either Bell's Beach Victoria or Byron Bay NSW...and of course other cool beaches up along the Queensland coast but Tassie???? Now that is weird even for Sanctuary!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Just popping in with my five cents on the newest ep.
            Spoiler:
            I thought it was pretty cool. I must admit when I heard Helen say "Hello beastie" I too couldn't help but laugh at the the little poke at PotC!! But I am a little bit lost at the significance of the "Hail Mary" line? I know there's a religious connotation behind it but is there any reason why Helen would look at Will like that when he said it?
            Also loved the reference to her being on the Titanic and Molly Brown saving her life. And I actually liked the squid...I hope they eventually do get to catch him and take him home...he's kinda cool and protective of his captors!
            Kinda miffed though that it ended like it did...very weird!
            And yet again, Amanda has ended up in the drink...see...this is why I asked her at AT4 why is it that her characters in SG1, SGA and Sanctuary end up getting wet.
            But anyhoo, the ep IMHO was quite cool. I can't wait to see if they do show us how they get rescued.
            Only other thing I question is....Henry surfing in Tasmania??? What??? best surf in Oz is in either Bell's Beach Victoria or Byron Bay NSW...and of course other cool beaches up along the Queensland coast but Tassie???? Now that is weird even for Sanctuary!
            The Hail Mary is a call back to Pavor Nocturnus.

Comment

Great episode, despite the fact that I came away wanting to whip the editor's ass. In the past half decade TV has gotten so allergic to telling a story in chronological order. What did the Pulp Fiction editing really add to what was already a great episode? In my opinion, it detracted more than added.

But that's fine. Still a great episode.

Originally posted by siles View Post
              I was surprised to see that Stargate Universe was better this week.
              Whoa! Hey now, don't talk crazee!

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
              I'm not really into monster stories.. especially one with a giant scorpion -- sea version or otherwise.
              Isn't there an absolutely dreadful movie currently sitting on Blockbuster shelves entitled "Megashark vs Giant octopus"? Ah yes, there is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1350498/ And I just noticed that Debbie Gibson is the lead in that! WOO HOO!!

But, anyway, the memories of NOT renting that movie every time I hit Blockbuster kept coming back to me while watching this episode. LMFAO
              “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
              ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

I loved this episode, it was surreal ... I noticed and loved the reaction from helen because ashley's birthday when she got stuck in the conduct of the platform was scary, after the Will was there to save her (as always) and she tried to leave it there, then I think the desire to die helen was not dissipated in her mind.
                due to ashley? I do not know! maybe
                the bald man just shows that she still has a pretty big drop by Druitt ... although he is more sexy, beautiful and seductive ... love those two ... I've read the synopsis of episode 10
                Spoiler:
                called "haunted" will be romantic and revealing in part because of them that will get stuck together in a cell ... I can not wait to see!

Henry and the big guy was surfing ... ahhh very funny

this season is more surprising, is getting better, I love now is just wait for the subtitled episode because there are times when I can not understand what they are talking about because of the noise ... ashley by the statement in each episode is sure they will get it back next season, "I sure hope there is another season," thought

Anyone can write the excerpt of the conversation when Will tells magnus he knew about Olaf ... I can not understand
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 December 2009, 10:49 AM. Reason: Spoilers need to be tagged ! :)

Comment

Originally posted by CarnalPIE View Post
                  Great episode, despite the fact that I came away wanting to whip the editor's ass. In the past half decade TV has gotten so allergic to telling a story in chronological order. What did the Pulp Fiction editing really add to what was already a great episode? In my opinion, it detracted more than added.

But that's fine. Still a great episode.

Whoa! Hey now, don't talk crazee!

Isn't there an absolutely dreadful movie currently sitting on Blockbuster shelves entitled "Megashark vs Giant octopus"? Ah yes, there is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1350498/ And I just noticed that Debbie Gibson is the lead in that! WOO HOO!!

But, anyway, the memories of NOT renting that movie every time I hit Blockbuster kept coming back to me while watching this episode. LMFAO

Oh I've seen it. It is really bad. The fights are a joke and its always the same effect. Its really, really bad. Even for a Syfy movie.

Comment

I didn't like this one. Personally, I think the dialogue was cringeworthy. I can understand why other people may like the bantering.

I guess it should be simple, but if anybody care to explain what is the importance of Ashley's birthday? I know its suppose to explain why Helen doesn't want Will to leave the sanctuary to go to Reykjavik, since its the same day, but I don't understand why.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

ashley just died, so her birthday is tough on the survivors, a reminder of just what isn't there
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, speaking of Ashley's birthday, that was a very nice inclusion, especially with it being referenced in the title. That took me by surprise since I thought they were going to ignore it from here on out.

Originally posted by kes View Post
                        Oh I've seen it. It is really bad. The fights are a joke and its always the same effect. Its really, really bad. Even for a Syfy movie.
                        LMFAO! I guess I'll continue to enjoy not renting it despite Debbie Gibson being in it.
                        “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
                        ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

And Jack the Ripper is a teleporting abnormal...see what I mean. Throw history out the window my friend , this is sci fi lol
                          Nikola Tesla.

That's honestly all that even needs to be said on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            ashley just died, so her birthday is tough on the survivors, a reminder of just what isn't there
                            I mean why not let Will to go Reykjavik despite Ashley's birthday? I thought I missed something.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I look at this episode on two levels. As an episode on its own its good. But as a contribution to the season I was massively disappointed.

As an episode as a whole I liked how we saw Helen and Will interacting with another big abnormal hunt. I for some reason found myself compelled to agree with Will about the whole vacation debate. Given what they do they seem entitled to a vacation. Even after Helen tells why she wants Will to stay (which is totally understandable) I still find myself agreeing with Will. His happiness is just of merit as Helens.

Now to the season part. I'm starting to getting a little aggrevated about all this Helen and Will only episodes like this one. Thier are other characters too you know. It seems like thier is this massive development for two characters while Henry, Kate, the late Ashley, Bigfoor among others background is limitied. It reminds me of SGA in a lot of ways and I was hoping Sanctuary would fix this problem in S2. Given Pavor Nocturnus and Next Tuesday I guess I was wrong.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                                I mean why not let Will to go Reykjavik despite Ashley's birthday? I thought I missed something.
                                So she can be alone with the memories of her daughter on the day of her daughter's birth? How horrible.

I think she just wanted *someone* there. Who might be able to provide a distraction when needed. But didn't know how to ask. She fumbled that badly. She's human.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X