No announcement yet.

Next Tuesday (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, they may be using historical characters such as Jack the Ripper and the like but in the webisodes, it's said that John killed eight women where in fact JtR only killed 6...or depending on the evidence or lack thereof possibly only 5 as the first victim may not have been one of Jack's.
    I was just noting the dates of the killings...they are on or around the 8th/9th of the month or the 30th/31st of the month...and 2 in one night alone.
    Anyways, my point being that this is a tv show...not realty even if they use characters from the past...coz lets face it, Montague John Druitt was only a suspect and not proven guilty of the actual crimes.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I can see Molly Brown pulling Helen form the icey water in my TITANIC book it say's

The Unsinkable Molly Brown
      US millionairess Molly Brown was one of 26 women on board lifeboat number 6.In charge was Quatermaster Hichens,who refused to row;so Molly Brown took command .She threated to throw Hichens overboard,and rowed furiously towards the rescue ship .Mrs Molly Brown's heroic determination earned her the title of ''the unsinkable Molly Brown''

Theory
      My theory is that Helen was onboard the titanic to start a new life or Sanctuary in the US the ship sank i reckon Helen was in first class on board but as the titanic was going down she refused a seat on a life boat becase she may have been looking for abnormal aboard the ship but with all that was going on durring the sinking Helen could have been knocked overboard and another abnormal found her (mermaid)and led her to the nearest lifeboat in which Molly Brown pulled her aboard .

I could see that
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Funny how much discussion there is about a single line of the show. I think a mountain has been made of a Moll hill.

So... I wonder what Sigrid looks like.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Of course it's real...welcome to my life!!!

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          Funny how much discussion there is about a single line of the show. I think a mountain has been made of a Moll hill.

So... I wonder what Sigrid looks like.
          1. But it's so much fun.
          Sigrid? Possibly blond?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
            I can see Molly Brown pulling Helen form the icey water in my TITANIC book it say's

The Unsinkable Molly Brown
            US millionairess Molly Brown was one of 26 women on board lifeboat number 6.In charge was Quatermaster Hichens,who refused to row;so Molly Brown took command .She threated to throw Hichens overboard,and rowed furiously towards the rescue ship .Mrs Molly Brown's heroic determination earned her the title of ''the unsinkable Molly Brown''
            Interesting. Well, if that's what happened in real life, why did James Cameron dog out Molly Brown so bad in his Titanic movie?
            “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
            ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

1. Was surprised Helen was being so harsh - Will's probably earned a few nights in Reykjavik. Then again, Helen's earned a night or two in Munich as well.

2. Ashley's birthday. Ouch.

3. OK, why didn't they spot that scorpion thing earlier?

4. I guess I'm meant to assume they got out OK.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Honestly, I felt the episode was kinda useless. Just a filler with no growth.

They could had thrown in Will moving on and Magnus needing someone around for Ashley's birthday in any damn episode. But this was just boring and I was getting annoyed that nothing was really happening with the entire series.
                O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by CarnalPIE View Post
                  Interesting. Well, if that's what happened in real life, why did James Cameron dog out Molly Brown so bad in his Titanic movie?
                  James Cameron strays from history not only with Molly Brown but in the following as well:

1. Captain E.J. Smith (Bernard Hill), comes across as an incompetent buffoon.

2. Lookout Frederick Fleet is distracted from his post because he's watching Rose and Jack make out on deck just before the collision occurs.
                  Since Jack and Rose are fictional and were never on the ship I think it's a given that this did not happen.

3. White Star Line director Bruce Ismay is shown sneaking aboard a lifeboat. Ismay has long since been acquitted

4. Cal Hockley bribes First Officer Murdoch for a seat in a lifeboat. Nothing in history suggests that this ever took place.

5. The band in Cameron's movie plays "Nearer My God to Thee" , which is very sad and somber, as the ship is sinking. In reality the band played cheerful music such as "Alexander's Ragtime Band" and "Autumn"--a fact discussed in nearly every book written about the Titanic
                  sigpic

Comment

in the 'a night to remember' version, smith comes out better. he's the guy that realizes that he's not only lost his ship but that over half the crew will die and quietly does all he can to get the people off, manage the evac, etc. his last scene in that movie is to call out 'everyman for himself' and they never show his death

ismay still slinks his way onto a life boat, the steerage are kept below and locked below, men play soccer with the ice chunks on deck.

the californian is portrayed as seeing the rockets but they never radio the ship to find out what the fuss is about (although one officer turns it on, listens to it, didn't knowmorse so didn't realize he was listening to a desperate plea for help)

the lookouts were jsut shown as up there in the cold with no binoculars although there's no mention of them not having them

there's no bribary, although one officer does let a few men on cause he was played like he was just tired of fighting to keep men off

molly snarks back at the 'cowardly' sailor, gets the ladies to help row, talks about going back, but is never shown going back

and the band did just play music, not 'nearer my god to thee' although i'd swear that came from somewhere. that they played 'good mood' music to a point, then the hymn was the last song they played before they abandoned their instruments to die
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As far as i was aware it was reported that they 'Nearer my God to thee' as last song as it sank. Hartley the band leader had always wanted it played at his funeral.

Comment

I liked the episode and I'm hoping i'll have time to watch it again soon, hopefully tonight. The few spoilers I'd seen gave the impression that the bickering between them would be more than it was. I still enjoyed it though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                          Honestly, I felt the episode was kinda useless. Just a filler with no growth.

They could had thrown in Will moving on and Magnus needing someone around for Ashley's birthday in any damn episode. But this was just boring and I was getting annoyed that nothing was really happening with the entire series.
                          I didn't see it as a filler or boring. I thought it was a good mix of interpersonal and "menace of the week."

Though you have a point that it didn't have to be *this* episode where they addressed these other issues. Still, I don't think Magnus & Will sit down for heart-to-hearts often, so having them trapped together may have opened up the possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            I didn't see it as a filler or boring. I thought it was a good mix of interpersonal and "menace of the week."

Though you have a point that it didn't have to be *this* episode where they addressed these other issues. Still, I don't think Magnus & Will sit down for heart-to-hearts often, so having them trapped together may have opened up the possibility.
                            So, Helen and Will were trapped together last season in a submarine and this season in an oil rig. What body of water/machine do you suppose they'll get trapped in next season?

I think this trend is good enough to repeat, how about you?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              So, Helen and Will were trapped together last season in a submarine and this season in an oil rig. What body of water/machine do you suppose they'll get trapped in next season?

I think this trend is good enough to repeat, how about you?
                              I was thinking that too, I would definetly like to see that trend continue
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by KaKaCarter View Post
                                As far as i was aware it was reported that they 'Nearer my God to thee' as last song as it sank. Hartley the band leader had always wanted it played at his funeral.
                                The witness reports vary on this (like how some witnesses claimed the ship sank intact while others said it broke in half - which was only revealed when Ballard found the Titanic and it was clear she had broken into two pieces)...

Some say "Nearer My God To Thee" and others go with happy music. Nobody knows for sure what they played that faithful night, but all we know is that they did play till the very end.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X