Veritas (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carterfan View Post
    Hi all, I am a newbie and just wanted to say how nice it is to see some positive posts regarding the show and particarly this episode here. I loved this epidsode and I immediately noticed the difference in lighting and camera work. I watch it on Plasma, cinema mode and it looks gorgeous. I think Amanda must have a natural talent for the visual medium. Great story and character interaction. Cudos to the cast, crew and especially the director.

I enjoyed this episode so much that it prompted me to register and post on this forum.
    Welcome and I'm glad the ep grabbed hold of you enough to prompt you to join us here! Post lots and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
      Awesome ep AT's acting was just awesome i loved the "Ashley told me" line it really made me believe something was wrong
      yes. You can see her getting worse and worse. I felt so bad for Helen.

Comment

Hi all, I am a newbie and just wanted to say how nice it is to see some positive posts regarding the show and particarly this episode here. I loved this epidsode and I immediately noticed the difference in lighting and camera work. I watch it on Plasma, cinema mode and it looks gorgeous. I think Amanda must have a natural talent for the visual medium. Great story and character interaction. Cudos to the cast, crew and especially the director.

I enjoyed this episode so much that it prompted me to register and post on this forum.
        Welcome and so glad the episode promted you to post and join the board, hope you came back and give your points of view.

And yes Amanda T did really good in the director's chair she does have talent.
        and the episode was really good.
        sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Eh, don't know what happened, but I just lost the post in the middle of typing. That whole newbie thing, LOL.

Anyway I was saying in case that sentence make no sense was, I love the relationship between Henry and Big Guy. I love the fact Henry did nothing to stop Magnus from escaping even as he was watching the monitors and his despondency as he sat by her bedside. This episode really showed off Ryan Robins much more than 'Fragments' IMHO. I was watching the panel where he said that 'director' Amanda made him want to give it his all and I think he delivered. His character and the actor has so much potential. Hopefull, the writers can see this and not focus completely on Will. I would love see a Magnus and Henry centric ep with some back story of their relationship some time in the future.

For those of you who may be familiar with Buffy, who thinks that they should woo Doug Petrie to write a few 'historical eps' for Helen and the five. He always did such a fantastic job with the Angel and Spike in the Victorian England eps. He also did some fantastic developments for the 'Faith' character, so I should imagine he would be very good at the 'Kate' thing. I just think the show would really benefit from having a writer that is very good at writing strong and complex women. It would really balance the team of predominantly SG1 and SGA writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
            Awesome ep AT's acting was just awesome i loved the "Ashley told me" line it really made me believe something was wrong
            Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            yes. You can see her getting worse and worse. I felt so bad for Helen.
            i wonder, if amanda hadn't been directing the ep, if we would have gotten helen-going-insane from helen's pov? that would have been very interesting!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

In a bit of a hurry cause I want to watch at least one more season 1 episode with commentary before I really have to go to sleep (it's already past 1 in the morning here), so I'm just going to make it short...

Just finished watching Veritas for the third time in two days. I loved it! It's rappidly making its way onto my number one spot of fave episodes.

Even though I quite rapidly caught on that something was not as it should be. I figured it out a little too quickly. Oh, I was surprised they "killed" the big guy and slightly shocked but with Sanctuary you just never know what's up next (just was very relieved I was wrong about that part though ). But since I caught on too quickly perhaps, I wanted to continuously thwap Will, Kate and Henry only the way the big guy can for not going deeper into it faster.

Me yelling at the screen: "Come on guys, this is Helen Magnus! THINK for cryin' out loud! Look beyond..."

Quite frustrating.

What was even more frustrating was that I felt like the episode would end any minute and that there would be TBC coming up on a black screen. I really have to compliment them on that - I was literally on the edge of my seat thinking they weren't going to fix it. I don't really know why that was though...

The music was absolutely brilliant. The score (one of the reasons I've watched it multiple times now) is perfect, and fits every scene like a glove. Soft and playful, suspension, angst, drama... it's all there. I want it! Please, let there be a soundtrack soon (or have I maybe missed it already somewhere?)

The acting - top notch.

Let's just say that AT's performance of paranoid Helen hit a little too close to home at one point, which made me feel slightly uncomfortable, but that's why I only have praise.

Loved how the team works together to fix things. And their interactions as friends, and dare I say, family. I'm glad we have a new outsider in Kate to help the audience to clue us in to what the insiders, Will & Henry (and Declan), know already. This shifted nicely from Will to Kate.

A few of my favorite moments:
              - Henry sitting near the tomb -> so sad
              - Henry threatening to shoot the big guy himself and the headslapping that follows -> I love those guys! *cuddles the guys*
              - "Get out of my house!" -> that one made me giggle a little
              - Helen escaping from isolation, and Will later on telling her she already knocked him out once and that was all she would get for the day
              - the reveal of the tracker -> Oops, weren't expecting that one, were you?
              - certifiable crazy -> hell yeah, you betcha!

Excited to see Jo from Eureka. Love Declan as a side character (he can join the team if he wasn't so busy in London ).

Also loved the way some of the scenes were shot, like the one where Will figures out the tomb is empty, beautiful camera work there. And of course the music fitting like a glove (like I mentioned above). And cuddo's to AT for the directing. She should do it more.

And that was it, I think.... and I didn't keep it short.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

the podcast is up
                http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/podcasts.php
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Thanks for the heads up. I hope Amanda is on it cuz hearing her giggle would definitely cheer me up right about now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                    Thanks for the heads up. I hope Amanda is on it cuz hearing her giggle would definitely cheer me up right about now.
                    Well Amanda is there and she’s giggling and laughing in the first minutes so I hope you are feeling better now, and it's so good...
                    sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                      Well Amanda is there and she’s giggling and laughing in the first minutes so I hope you are feeling better now, and it's so good...
                      I swear Amanda's giggle could probably heal the sick. Laughter is the best medicine.
                      sigpic

Comment

Every character hada great role! IT was awesome I can't wait for more Deklin (sp?)
                        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

Declan
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            I swear Amanda's giggle could probably heal the sick. Laughter is the best medicine.
                            ITA
                            sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Amanda's giggling is becoming legendary. I don't know how she gets any work done or any anyone with her as its so infectious.

Did anyone else catch Martin's Wood remark about how during her acting and directing this ep, Amanda additionally pitched another series to Damian and Martin and that blew them away? Series, not story. I'm sure I heard that. I'll have to play it again. Wouldn't it be awesome if in the future, Amanda could add 'Series Creator' to her resume. Off course, now, I'm dying of curiosity as to what the pitch was that 'blew them away'.

Comment

Amanda's giggling is becoming legendary. I don't know how she gets any work done or any anyone with her as its so infectious.

Did anyone else catch Martin's Wood remark about how during her acting and directing this ep, Amanda additionally pitched another series to Damian and Martin and that blew them away? Series, not story. I'm sure I heard that. I'll have to play it again. Wouldn't it be awesome if in the future, Amanda could add 'Series Creator' to her resume. Off course, now, I'm dying of curiosity as to what the pitch was that 'blew them away'.
                                i've got to hear this podcast!

i'm two behind.

i know some time ago (starting in her youth), amanda was self conscious about her laugh, but i'm sooooo glad she's letting out that sweet and endearing side of herself for us amandanuts to enjoy!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X