No announcement yet.

Fragments (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoyed this episode, and for me, enjoyment is what I'm looking for in my Friday night viewing.

Happy to see Major Davis, knew he was the bad guy as soon as he was introduced. The Jack abnormal guy was a truly horrible rubber suit. So...the plot was predictable and the visual effects were less than movie quality.

But the story was interesting, writing was good, the acting was great, the characters are folks I've come to care about via prior good writing and acting.

If you've got a good story, well told - the scenery is less important. Stage plays don't have the best effects, Star Trek had crap effects. I'm all about an engaging show, with decent scenery, costumes, and effects.

This is why Sanctuary is enjoyable, and so far SGU is not so much. SGU seems the reverse - great effects and CGI and stuff prioritized over kind of lame story, writing, and characters.

This week's Sanctuary was pretty good all around. I enjoyed it, will watch it again, and look forward to next week. So...I think the producers met their goals!

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
      Good episode, but I didn't quite understand why if Gerald wanted to kill Henry why he pushed so hard to have him change into the wolf. Was it because he wanted Henry as the wolf to kill him? If so then why didn't he just give Helen a reason to shoot him. Any thoughts?
      I agree. Gerald wanted Henr to feel guilty. Remember, he thought Henry was having an affair with Rachel. I think he thought Rachel was at least partially attracted to Henry because of his abnormality.

I'm wondering if he also doesn't think Henry is human in any form.

Jealous much?

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I thought that this was a very good episode, not great but good. Nice to see a few old faces and very good performances by them.

The Kate issue : I'm still fence sitting on the character, she only irritated me a little so that's a plus (I wasn't actively out looking for a bus to shove her under like InvisiGirl )

But may I take a moment to say this :
        I WANTZ Henry's toys!! Seriously loving his steam punk tools this season
        -

Comment

Just finished watching this episode i loved it, a really good episode for Henry

1) It looked like an unas lol
          2) Kate is annoying me more and more, she has to go
          sigpic

Comment

My least favourite ep so far. I liked the crime scene reconstruction stuff (including Kate), and that was all. The rest of it was rather 'meh' for me. Since when was Sanctuary about love triangles involving people we've never heard of before.
            Jack is a stupid name for a creature. Especially such an ugly one.
            I'd rather watch Warriors with it's icky scarabs and freaky fights again than this, at least Warriors had a good happy ending. This just had me going "I don't really care what Henry does or doesn't feel for some lady I've never seen before."

Wow, I never thought I'd post something like that about Sanctuary. Maybe the fact that I watched it while rather tired and watched with friends rather than alone had something to do with it. I dunno.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The abnormal looked lame - like a Halloween costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                This just had me going "I don't really care what Henry does or doesn't feel for some lady I've never seen before."
                I didn't see this episode to be about his feelings for the lady; it was more about how Henry was coming to accept the wolf inside him. The last scene with Helen and Henry was very telling, "Don't be afraid to get close to people because of who you are".
                sigpic

Comment

henry is probably convinced that he's 'doomed' to be alone, because he's a monster. and helen - and the episode - showed that the monsters weren't just abnormals, the humans are just as monstrous as the abbys.

especially, in this case, it was the abnomal that was acting with honor (so, henry WAS kinda stickig his nose in rachel's marriage, but ithad good intentions), and it was the human that was so wracked with jealousy that he harmed and attempted to harm various abbys to get his way
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode. We had a bit of a mystery to solve, Doc Magnus refusing to give up on a cure, Henry, and a fairly interesting abnormal. They never really explained the spores, but who cares? Not me.

Kate was minimal and as RoX said so eloquently "she only irritated me a little so that's a plus (I wasn't actively out looking for a bus to shove her under like InvisiGirl"

Kind of a "teamy" episode despite it being a Henry story--which is good.

Colin Cunningham (Maj. Davis ) makes good villain.

Negative: Since when is Bigfoot a medical assistant? I guess now that ashley's gone...
                    Well, at least it's not Kate.
                    Last edited by jckfan55; 15 November 2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I thought this was a pretty good episode. We had a bit of a mystery to solve, Doc Magnus refusing to give up on a cure, Henry, and a fairly interesting abnormal. They never really explained the spores, but who cares? Not me.

Kate was minimal and as RoX said so eloquently "she only irritated me a little so that's a plus (I wasn't actively out looking for a bus to shove her under like InvisiGirl"

Negative: Since when is Bigfoot a medical assistant? I guess now that ashley's gone...
                      I've always felt that Bigfloot's been a Jack of All Trades, really. He rarely leaves Helen's side, so he would know a lot of what she knows by now in addition to his people's traditional medicine and knowledge.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NurseFG View Post
                        Just finished watching this episode i loved it, a really good episode for Henry

1) It looked like an unas lol
                        2) Kate is annoying me more and more, she has to go
                        thank you so much for saying that the creature jack looked like an unas! ive been trying to place since friday what i thought he looked like and i was unable to think of it until now! hahaha. i also agree that Kate is annoying, she has this attitude of "im better than everybody" thats just ugh. i want Ashley back
                        sigpic
                        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I love Sanctuary. But they are BUTCHERING it left and right. I'm actually going back to season 1 and just watching those eps cuz that's when it rocked.

This episode was so cheesy I was finding it hilarious. I love Major Davis, but her can not do emotions. I didn't buy a moment of his acting for one second.

The whole 'love triangle' was just so outta the blue that we had absolutely no back story to buy this horrific even off of.
                          From the very beginning of disclosing that Henry is an abnormal he's been more of; he just can't love himself, so he won't let her. If they had done that, having him tell Magnus or Magnus bringing it up. Okay I might have been able to buy some of it.

And of course, I knew the ending from the beginning. So c'mon writers. It was just ridiculous all around.
                          I give this episode a 2 out of 5. Just because it was so ludicrous I found it funny.
                          O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Kind of a "teamy" episode despite it being a Henry story--which is good.

Since when was Ashley a medical assistant? Or even show the *slightest* interest in being one?
                            I recognize that Biggie wasn't either, the most he ever did iirc was bring Helen tea while she was working.

Amalthea said:
                            I've always felt that Bigfloot's been a Jack of All Trades, really. He rarely leaves Helen's side, so he would know a lot of what she knows by now in addition to his people's traditional medicine and knowledge.
                            Agreed.

Yeah, I was like "Maj. Davis!" at first, but I quickly forgot his crossover acting ties and saw him as Gerald.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I though this was a nice "warm" epsidoe from the past 4 we've had had me sinking down int eh depressing sand! Loved Henry, so torn, Helen in Scrubs whooooo! and kate actaully doing something for once. i'm warming up to her but it will nver be as warm as Ashley. Colin Cunningham was great, didn't like that he was the bad guy tho .

Loved the last 2 scenes, Nice raw emotion from Ryan

not the best episdoe and not the worst 7/10
                              sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                Since when was Ashley a medical assistant? Or even show the *slightest* interest in being one?
                                I recognize that Biggie wasn't either, the most he ever did iirc was bring Helen tea while she was working.
                                I think in Warriors Ashley helped Helen when she was getting the bug out of Gregory, but it seemed like it was more emotional support than medical assisting.

I can buy Bigfoot assisting Helen, he's probably been on her staff the longest, and since Helen apparently hasn't hired an assistant for herself she probably eventually drafted him into helping her.

And personally, I like it when Bigfoot gets to do more than just serve tea.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X