Pavor Nocturnus (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Oh and hey, did anyone else notice that the city backdrop behind the Sanctuary is CLEARLY New York?
    Can't say I was paying attention
    sigpic

Comment

In the background on the right is the Brooklyn Bridge and the glass reflective buildings in the background on the left is the World Financial Center in lower Manhattan (though the Wiki picture is taken from Jersey rather than Brooklyn), across the street from where the WTC used to be.

It seems the Sanctuary is in Brooklyn
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ah right. Well I can never tell which bridge is which
        sigpic

Comment

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5210/vlcsnap00009x.jpg

In the background on the right is the Brooklyn Bridge and the glass reflective buildings in the background on the left is the World Financial Center in lower Manhattan (though the Wiki picture is taken from Jersey rather than Brooklyn), across the street from where the WTC used to be.

Nice cap!

But I think it's more likely that the Anthem team just used those NYC images for the look of Old/New City, since various references in Fata Morgana, End of Nights, and this ep suggest that the Sanctuary is in the Pacific Northwest.

sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, of course that's likely the case. It's just that they picked such an obvious shot
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5210/vlcsnap00009x.jpg

Sanctuary isn't set in the real world. Also similar building types and bridges can be found in other cities AND countries.
              -

Comment

See above replies

But that is New York City they used for that background shot, there's really no room for argument here

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post

I agree Aries it was sad hearing what John done but he loved Helen so much he couldnt contiue to live without her that bit blew me away hearing what he done very Romeo,Juliet style Druitt is definatily her Romeo with a very cool darkside

That was the saddest part of this eppy. Druitt taking his life two weeks after Helen. Course in my mind that just solidifies how much he loves her, he wasn't willing to go on with out her.

but more than anything i loved the whole REsident Evil feel of this eppy. The darkness was played just right and AT was superb.

All in all the best eppy so far... lol!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                    That was the saddest part of this eppy. Druitt taking his life two weeks after Helen. Course in my mind that just solidifies how much he loves her, he wasn't willing to go on with out her.

but more than anything i loved the whole REsident Evil feel of this eppy. The darkness was played just right and AT was superb.

All in all the best eppy so far... lol!!
                    Ooh I love resident evil
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Ooh I love resident evil
                      This eppy had a very Resident Evil feel to it.... but this was better!!! lol!! WAY better!!
                      sigpic

Comment

This eppy had a very Resident Evil feel to it.... but this was better!!! lol!! WAY better!!
                        See. Another reason why I loved it This episode is made of win

I preferred the resi evil games, the movies were okay but IMO they were too high tech *shrugs* And they should have used characters from the game as main characters.
                        sigpic

Comment

It must be hard knowing and living through outliving everybody you love How much can one go through it before it becomes too much.
                          She almost made it sound like this was the first time she'd gone looking for a cure, but you have to wonder if she did at other times in her life too. Or maybe even if she went through dark periods she still had her work etc. But with the loss of Ashley she felt like it wasn't worth it anymore. (And of course she'd also recently lost her long time friend Watson, and Druitt and Tesla are basically nuts. ).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            She almost made it sound like this was the first time she'd gone looking for a cure, but you have to wonder if she did at other times in her life too. Or maybe even if she went through dark periods she still had her work etc. But with the loss of Ashley she felt like it wasn't worth it anymore. (And of course she'd also recently lost her long time friend Watson, and Druitt and Tesla are basically nuts. ).
                            I think maybe Ashley was the final straw that pushed her to search for the....Cure? Um not sure what it could be called. hmm I wonder if she ever considered searching for it before now.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think maybe Ashley was the final straw that pushed her to search for the....Cure? Um not sure what it could be called. hmm I wonder if she ever considered searching for it before now.
                              She probably had, but i takes time to piece together evidence and clues to an objects location. From the time she heard about it, she could have been combing archival evidence and a lot of other sources.
                              sigpic

Comment

She probably had, but i takes time to piece together evidence and clues to an objects location. From the time she heard about it, she could have been combing archival evidence and a lot of other sources.
                                Ye true. So I'm guessing none of the others knew what she was up to?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X