No announcement yet.

Hero (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole business with Will being able to ride a motorbike... people look at me an would never guess what i ride a motorbike. i'm not being picky or anything but the writers don;t ahve to write in a line that say that when Will was 14 he started riding a motorbike for a few years as a sport and have a flashback of it....if Will rides a motorbike then the audience should assume that hes ridden one before. Its like Cam on SG-1 riding the motorbike... i assumede that he's ridden one before...
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I liked this episode, I thought it was fun! Although I'd rather not have any more stories like this in the future. I'm still not fully used to the show yet, but i'm enjoying it!

Comment

What's up with the 'funny' episode so soon after Ashley's demise?
        Since when is Helen into kidnapping innocent citizens (the hero)?
        Vala-wannabe still gets on my nerves
        And I still don't like the split screen technique that Martin seems to be so fond of.

Comment

Well, I was disappointed in this episode, especially as the next episode after Eulogy.
          I realize they were going to move on, but I was hoping things wouldn't have been quite so back to normal. And silly.

One look at that ridiculous "super hero" and I was rolling my eyes. I was not amused.
          Will has apparently been training on Ashley's bike, huh?

The suit/abnormal did turn out to be sort of interesting but couldn't totally overcome the silliness.

They seem to be integrating Kate pretty quickly. She seems to be marginally loyal to the Sanctuary. I was kind of rooting for her when she killed the bad guy. She sort of needed to to get him off her and her brother's back and she showed she wasn't going to betray the Sanctuary either.

An ok, episode but pales in comparison to the last few.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            <snip>
            someone said on another thread that this wasn't supposed to be the next ep right after 'eulogy', and i can see that an ashley mention was very much needed. too bad.
            That's not correct, it was ep 5 the Tesla ep that got switched, Hero was always slotted here.

So...

A request to Damian & Co : please do not waste one of a short season of 13 episodes on an obligatory "funny" episode every season.

Seriously.

DON'T

I went in to this episode with no expectations, a good thing really because I found it quite mediocre. There were some good parts and I thought the concept of the suit was quite good but overall - meh (not even Meh just meh). It was OK to watch once but... I'm adding to my list of not gonna watch again episodes (Warriors now has company).

Way to go team! No mention of Ashley
            -

Comment

I like AM as a writer, so i wanted to like this episode, but it was a neutral one for me.

Loved: the suit idea. Very cool. Sentient beehive/ hive/ parasite of some sort. Liked that AM got CPK -3 reference right. Makes sense skeletal muscle CPK would be elevated with all the bouncing about the Adjuster goes through. Loved the Sanctuary library floor. I like all the beautiful stuff Anthem comes up with.

Liked: "Live long and prosper." My daughter laughed outright at that one. =) Liked the silly superhero and the comic book stuff. What can I say, I like goofy and I thought the actor was the right amount of dork - not over the top. Glad Freelander wasn't a total lowlife - protected the sanctuary instead of pilfering it.

Disliked: Biggie on the team outings instead of Ash. What does he do that is useful? And, his makeup or something was off. His face looked totally different in the library scene.

Really disliked: No reference to Ash or her death? Puhlease. No matter how a mother grieves, or friend's grieve, this is unrealistic. It also feels disrespectful to the character (IMO - and I am not wanting to sound harsh). Still don't like Freelander, sorry. I want to out of loyalty, but I can't. On a happy note, my daughter liked her in this episode!

Looking forward to the next episode.

Want Ash back.
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

yeah i agree with most on here very mediocre ep. I think the real reason i wasn't happy with it is where it is in the season its not the right time for a standalone, right after all the darkness of the first 3
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

i did love the bit, when henry is sayiing 'super hearing?' and helen just give him this look 'oh henry' and we see that it's the scanner
                  cute how they handled that

I too agree that the mermaid ratted Kate out, which was how helen know exactly what happened.

next week's does look stellar, but this was just...it's like everyone was worn out after the past two eps and kinda was tired for this one
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree with a lot of the comments made.

First, given the first three eps I think any ep would feel like a bit of a letdown to people. I enjoyed the ep but, let's face it, it's just not going to be as powerful as the first 3.

I don't watch Eureka so I'm not familiar with CG but I thought he did an excellent job. I also loved that he couldn't come up with a tag line and I lol'd at his comment on x-ray vision. The looks by him, AT and RD were all perfect.

I also agree the suit was a cool idea.

I don't always like the cg creatures but found the creature they were chasing was well done.

I also had to smile at the scene where Helen confronts the Avenger on the stairs. That is the entrance to the studio and we waited there for our tour after our driver dropped us off. That's where we met MW.

I'm glad others mentioned Bigfoot looking different. I noticed that too and wondered if it was my imagination.

I also agree with the comments about the lack of mention of Ashley. They can't spend all season constantly bringing it up but these are early days and there should be some fallout still. I think part of the problem was the placement of this episode. I can understand the folks at Sanctuary wanting to do something lighter after all the darkness and emotion of the first 3 eps but I think a more transitional ep might have been better with Hero following thereafter. It was just too jarring after what has transpired to jump to this right away.

I agree with whomever commented on the reaction of Helen and Will when the adjuster commented on how they face danger or death every day. AT's look obviously conveyed the pain of losing Ashley but, for me at least, I wanted more in the ep.

Why was Declan involved? Shouldn't he be rebuilding the London Sanctuary? Did I miss something?

I liked Kate's storyline but I am finding her switch to the Sanctuary team just a little too quick.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

there seems to have been a jump in the time line that we are unaware of.... things did seen to move on a little too quickly for my liking .... i think the only parts i liked in this ep were kates story... she is growing on me, and also at the end with the comic book it was good to see everyone enjoying themselves.. though again the time line is a bit odd... why jump so far ahead?

as others have said mediocre and the ep is in the wrong place
                      sigpic

Comment

we don't need to dwell on ash's death...but you know, since a motor cycle was involved, a tiny shot of two bikes parked outside the sanctuary, with a third one there with ash's helmet hanging off the side...that's all it woulda taken.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought CG did a great job. He was the klutzy superhero I thought he would be, but enduring as well. I thought the suit was pretty cool idea. Him trying to find his catch phrase was cute.

I was glad they had Kate's past coming back to haunt her. When she brought them into the Sanctuary I wondered what in the world she was up too. Then when the mermaid showed up I knew she was busted... but I'm glad in the end she defended the Sanctuary. I did like her little better in this episode and I didn't like her at all in the first episode.

I agree with whoever said the look on Helen's face said a lot when the Adjuster talked about their dangerous work. I would have liked for them to have mentioned Ashley, but I'm not throwing any stones at them. There are still lots of show left to bring it up. This was a standalone episode that lightened the mood after three intense episodes and before another intense one next week.

I don't think that was CH playing bigfoot. He wasn't as tall as normal I wonder if this was when he was filming part two of the Twilight movie and he had someone else standing in for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                            I don't think that was CH playing bigfoot. He wasn't as tall as normal I wonder if this was when he was filming part two of the Twilight movie and he had someone else standing in for him.
                            I also wondered whether CH was working elsewhere and that's why Bigfoot looked different. If that is the case we'll probably find out from the podcast.

BTW, I note that there was a reference in the end credits to Sanctuary for Kids. Coming soon to a website near you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Ok, I went into this episode thinking, oh no another Warrriors When I first saw the motor bike chase and Walter's super hero...I was still thinking "oy no". Then after a little while when we got to know Walter and what was behind his 'super powers' it wasn't so bad; Walter seemed endearing and the story a little poignant. I do think the comic book references would go off better to those who know the comics. Although I did have a laugh at the line about how dangerous it is to be a Renaissance re-enactor (only because my nephew used to do that ).

The chase after the newly hatched abnormal wasn't too bad, it had the feel of Instinct (I wonder if it was shot in the same building?)

And the Kate story line...well I'm still not sure about how I feel about Kate, but they did try to show how she is changing. I just wonder about her feeding the bad guy to the 'creature'. Wouldn't that be considered murder? And if Helen knew about it (like it seems she knows everything that happens at the Sancturay) would she really condone that? I mean Helen was willing to kill the parasitic abnormal that was killing Walter, to save Walter even though she didn't like having to kill it. This part just sat wrong with me I know he was the bad guy, but there were many other things that could have been done (less deadly abnormals) than to have someone eaten
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by kv0921
                                We all know the real reason people are bashing her is because Shes the new kick ass girl in replace of Ashley Magnus.
                                *snort*

No. Characters die all the time in sci-fi. It's just a fact. Generally though, producers try not to replace them with characters more annoying than fingernails on a chalkboard.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X