No announcement yet.

Eulogy (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the whole 'after 300 years we can finally rest' bit....helen will NEVER believe that ash is dead until she sees a body
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

here's a question. (i know i've brought this up before)

how would anyone feel if ashley was brought back, but as a child?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        the whole 'after 300 years we can finally rest' bit....helen will NEVER believe that ash is dead until she sees a body

Of course not she is a mother and all of her maternal instincts are screaming at her that her child, her flesh and blood, is still alive. Personally I believe Ashley is still kicking somewhere. I like the whole she got out of the EM shield thing myself... they believe in the unbelievable so why can't Ashley be alive somewhere?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          here's a question. (i know i've brought this up before)

how would anyone feel if ashley was brought back, but as a child?
          No. Just NO! WAYYYYY NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Would it really be Ashley if EU didn't add her part to the mix? Esp if Ashley was truly a child, without the memory of events that shaped her? No.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            No. Just NO! WAYYYYY NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
            so you're alright with the idea then?
            Spoiler:

Would it really be Ashley if EU didn't add her part to the mix? Esp if Ashley was truly a child, without the memory of events that shaped her? No.

suse
            i have this image in my mind, of helen starting over with ashley, but it being a start over for ashley too. and all those wonderful mother/daughter scenes... but this is if they couldn't get emilie back.

but you're right about it not being the same without emilie.

but the images...
            sally

sigpic

Comment

i watched eulogy again. this time on my computer. the quality was outstanding (but still a bit too strong for my little computer to handle). but still, much, much better than watching it on my vcr.

i was able to fastforward through the funny stuff to just the helen, serious stuff. made the impact of what was going on for her even more heartbreaking.

the end was my favorite. the way it was all set up, with the gorgeous but haunting music in the background...

this is the potential i've always seen and wanted with sanctuary. and while i enjoy and squee over some of their visual effects (and i'm one that loves the split screen), it's the characters relationships between one another that is the heart and soul of the show. but amanda... she's the show. as much as i love this show, it's amanda this IS this show. what she's done with helen... there's just some actors that can take certain characters and make them so unique and loved that you could never imagine anyone else being them. there's only one xena, one data, one sam carter, and one helen magnus.

sally

sigpic

Comment

This is why i like this show so much such quality acting especially from AT, just the passion that she brings i felt the emotion she was trying to convey
                I have never watched a show that has made me feel connected with the characters and upset when they die
                This season so far is a 10/10
                sigpic

Comment

i watched eulogy again. this time on my computer.

i was able to fastforward through the funny stuff to just the helen, serious stuff. made the impact of what was going on for her even more heartbreaking.

I did the same thing. When I watched it first on t.v., I felt the memorial was very weak and it really didn't affect me at all. I've found that when I watch it and am able to fast forward through the Henry-Kate parts the memorial hits me hard. I cry every time I watch it now. I'm sure they had their reasons for throwing that other storyline in, but, imo, I think it would have had more of an affect if they had left it out.

Comment

i have this image in my mind, of helen starting over with ashley, but it being a start over for ashley too. and all those wonderful mother/daughter scenes... but this is if they couldn't get emilie back.

but you're right about it not being the same without emilie.

but the images...
                    Totally not interested in seeing Helen raise a child. It's fine as reference/part of the Sanctuary history, but actually raising? it's not how the show is set up.

It wouldn't be a start over for Ashley. It would be growing up.

I for one do not want to see those adolescent years. Or the little girl years.

Honestly, I love kids, but they don't mix well into this type of show. IMO
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                      Of course not she is a mother and all of her maternal instincts are screaming at her that her child, her flesh and blood, is still alive. Personally I believe Ashley is still kicking somewhere. I like the whole she got out of the EM shield thing myself... they believe in the unbelievable so why can't Ashley be alive somewhere?
                      Heh, good point.

Originally posted by Inward Wind View Post
                      I did the same thing. When I watched it first on t.v., I felt the memorial was very weak and it really didn't affect me at all. I've found that when I watch it and am able to fast forward through the Henry-Kate parts the memorial hits me hard. I cry every time I watch it now. I'm sure they had their reasons for throwing that other storyline in, but, imo, I think it would have had more of an affect if they had left it out.
                      As much as I found the Kate/Henry storyline a bit jarring, I think it helped transition the show away from the heavy angst/drama of the Cabal/Ashley storyline and back to 'business as usual' in the Sanctuary. If the focus had just been on Helen's search for Ashley, then moving on to the next episode, Hero, would be even more jarring, IMO.

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering the same thing? I hoped to find the answer here but haven't. I did read somewhere that EU injured her tailbone, so maybe she needs time to heal? But again not sure where i read it.....hope to find more legit info somewhere. It's to soon in the Series to be killing off such characters. I really enjoyed the mother/daughter relationship that was growing. I would hate for them to kill Ashley off. I truly believe it would hurt the shows ratings..... just my humble opinion...

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                        Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

just say no to cute kids on scifi shows
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            Heh, good point.

It is entirely possible. you can't beat out good old maternal insticts. She feels that her child is alive, so she is going to hold on to that until she finds concrete proof that Ashley is indeed dead.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was so waiting for Jack the Ripper to appear right behind the lady and slit her throat, but I guess they're going to draw out that story a little more than that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                There 2 things you should think about when you watch that scene.

1. The fact that wasn't Ashley in the wall gives hope to the fans and Helen that she isn't dead and could come back.

2. If it was Ashley in the wall, we would have less hope she'd be back, and so would Helen. Also, if that was her, it may have given Helen a bit more closure in knowing for sure if her daughter was dead or not, that would have given Helen a definite answer.

So I think that the book is still open and until we know more, there's a chance she could come back.

Damien Kindler said the end of season 2 would be a huge cliffhanger , again, I personally think ashley will return ... even if they have not thought to continue with ashley ,after our protests they will think a little better...

helen even let go, I think she will not rest till she sees with her eyes that ashely is really dead, it will be interesting to see how they will bring back ashley

"Nos must amitto vivo en"

Comment

Working...
                                X