• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashley ain't dead!

Nuh Uh!!

No Way, Jose

No body, not dead

Even if there was a body, Not Dead I tells ya!

*stubbornly clings to my beliefs*

Now that I've gotten that off my chest

Well that was an episode with a lot of odd matching stuff going on but it worked for me once I stopped myself from hating on Kate. Seriously, she reminds me of InvisiGirl and all I ever wanted to do with Clara was shove her under a bus Maybe the new girl will grow on me??? I hope so, otherwise the other eight episodes she is in this season are gonna drag but more on that later.

I absolutely loved all the Helen bits and the Druitt bits, especially when they were together. I love how AT & CH bring their characters to life in scenes with each other. I especially loved Chris's scenes where you can see the madness peeking through. Sitting there drinking with blood still on him - chilling. And in the back of my mind I kept hearing his "I love the dark" soliloquy from the webisodes and wishing we could see him go all "Jack" on Dana's butt! Then, at the end, when he gets up from the table and follows Dana I'm going "That better be Jack's sword stick!!"

Can't wait for the podcast to be put up on Syfy, I really want to watch this again with the commentary.

Kate just isn't gelling with me and I ain't happy. Grrrrrrrrrr.
    Last edited by RealmOfX; 24 October 2009, 12:31 AM. Reason: red pen itis ;)
    -

Comment

i really hope Ashley isnt dead the show just wouldnt be the same without her
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Ashley ain't dead!

Nuh Uh!!

No Way, Jose

No body, not dead

Even if there was a body, Not Dead I tells ya!

*stubbornly clings to my beliefs*
        I'm with you on that.

Honestly I'm really hoping that Ashley will come back someway, somehow... It'll be a terrible sci-fi cliche, but I don't care. The Helen/Ashley/John dynamic is my favorite part of the show and I'm not ready to give it up yet. And the fact that Helen said that her feelings tell her Ashley is alive gives me hope.

Brilliant performances by AT and CH. Their scenes together were just stunning. And the ending... *cries*

Can't wait to find out how slow and painful Dana's death was.

Bigfoot was more awesome then ever, being all protective of Helen. *huggles him*

Still no love for new girl. Maybe if she's not around so much she's be more tolerable.
        sigpic

Comment

i loved the dichotomy of helen - we must pick up and move on - vs john - we mus take our vengeance and make them pay.

i still think ash will show up, but not until the end of the season.

Kate....kate is annoying. That said, Henry is good at toning her down so i hope they pair the two of them up a lot. she needs to be called on the carpet not patronized. I can't wait to see helen tearing into her

she's been a bit distracted until now but that will change next week i think.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They actually give a good way to have Ash still alive. The other abnormal was stuck in the wall so Magnus theory that it bounced into another part of the house could be true. And maybe she just took off.

Comment

i can go with the:

bounced out, memory foggy, runs out of fear and doesn't know who she is

theory

and also the

bounced out, knows who she is and what she did, but knows if she goes back she'll again be a target for the cabal, so, to save her mother's work, she stays away, stays out of the line of fire and takes time to deal with what's been done to her

either angle works, at least in my mind
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well the only place Helen did not look was in her self, may be they somehow joined together. She looked everywhere else.

I just do not see her as being able to leave the Sanctuary without the security alarms going off.

Awesome episode.
                Cannot wait to see duitt take his revenge. Would love to have seen him tearing some Cabal facility through.

Comment

Loved this episode, and my eyes are still teary! The last scene had me sobbing. And I loved how they balanced Helen's almost-break-from-reality with the humour of the others. I didn't like Kate in End of Nights, but she's really growing on me now, and hopefully will continue to.

I do agree with what a couple of other people in the thead have said. While I'm terribly sad that Ashley's dead, I really hope she stays dead. I've never liked the 'nobody dies in scifi' mantra (although UK scifi, davros aside, doesn't seem to follow it, and that's what I'm more used to), because I think it really does cheapen the emotional impact of the characters dying, especially with the danger that if they're brought back they may not be as 'good' a character as before, such as (imo) Beckett and Weir.

Dunno if we'll see Druitt actually kill Dana or not... it could be creepier just to have a very dead body found, and infer for ourselves what he did to her...

Comment

Around 600 caps from the ep

203 Eulogy.zip
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i can go with the:

bounced out, memory foggy, runs out of fear and doesn't know who she is

theory

and also the

bounced out, knows who she is and what she did, but knows if she goes back she'll again be a target for the cabal, so, to save her mother's work, she stays away, stays out of the line of fire and takes time to deal with what's been done to her

either angle works, at least in my mind
                      They both could potentially work, and they both fit with what we know. However, she was holding onto the other super-abnormal. Perhaps they are stuck in a cosmic battle that will never end in the middle of the Sahara Desert. No, really, because of the super-abnormal in the wall, and the fluxuations, she could be alive.

Originally posted by Neosuchi
                      I agree with this, I really LOVED Ashley, and the interactions with her mother, that way her death had more impact for me. I really hope they don't pull a Dr. Beckett on us, or even worse, a Elisbeth Weir.
                      I do hope not. The way that Elizabeth Weir was done.....grr.....
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I was out last night and had to tape the ep so I saw it when I got home and was tired so I really need to watch it again but ....

a really good eps

helen's desperation was almost painful to watch. although, you know, i did laugh at the 'she's in the pattern buffer' bit
                        Me too, I immediately thought of Teal'c in 48 Hours.

it was and odd blend of comedy, humor, pathos and desperation and it worked. one kept the other from being too much
                        It was an odd combo. I'm more in line with Evenstar on this one, I found it didn't work for me.

and i LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that john is going after dana

go ripper go[/
                        LOL! Who would think we would be cheering for that?

Although I would have liked to have seen a showdown of Helen and Dana. Oh well. I do hope we get to see what happened. I'm not interested in gore but would like to see the look on Dana's face when she sees John.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        That was....interesting.

It was an odd blend of storylines, the angst of Helen still searching for Ashley and the slight goofiness of Henry and Kate's search for the Steno-thing. It didn't flow too well for me this first time around, mostly because I was far more interested in Helen's search and didn't care much about the other.
                        I agree.

I enjoyed all the Helen and Will and Helen and Druitt interaction, and it was really cool to see Druitt on the warpath but still in control, for the most part. I wonder if they'll show him dispatching Dana, or it'll just be assumed from that teaser.
                        I hope we see something of the confrontation.

Kate is growing on me, I like that Henry and Bigfoot called her out on her actions and didn't give her carte blanche to do as she wants. She reminds me a lot of Clara, puts on a tough front but you don't have to dig too far to find vulnerability.
                        Have to say I loved Kate's reaction to Bigfoot smacking her in the head.

Ashley's memorial was very nicely done, and that cathedral part of Sanctuary looked great. Helen was heartbreaking with her 'but you're my life' when she sees Ashley again. But why was Helen seeing Ashley everywhere? A sort of psychotic break from dealing with her death, or has she somehow become part of the Sanctuary? Though likely, I hope this isn't the last time we see Ashley on the show.
                        Again, I agree.

As much as I love the show and have been anxiously awaiting season 2 and as much as I have liked the episodes and loved the performances, something has been nagging at me so far this season. I realised it was the impending and now apparent doom of Ashley. To be prefectly honest, that has diminished my enjoyment of the season so far.

I'll admit part of it is having met EU. She is such a nice young lady and acting is a tough way to make a living so I want her to continue to be employed in a regular gig.

Part of it is that (while I love the guy) I don't subscribe to MW's theory that you have to kill off characters to keep jeopardy alive. First, I don't buy that because regardless of how many other people they kill off we know they'll never do it to Helen so there is no real jeopardy to her. Second, if I like a character I want to continue to see them. I don't watch this show for the visual effects or because they use the red camera. I watch it out of loyality to the cast and crew and because I love the characters. In addition, as others have said, if "no one really dies in scifi" it again makes the jeopardy argument moot.

I liked the fact we had a mother/daughter relationship on this show. I thought it held great potential. I also thought there was a wonderful opportunity to explore the relationship between John and Ashley. The storyline of using Ashley as a Cabal "weapon" was brilliant and I think it opens up great potential for Ashley to deal with what was done to her and what she did while under the Cabal's control. That potential is wasted if she is dead. I hope that is not the case.
                        Last edited by EH-T; 24 October 2009, 09:06 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          I liked the fact we had a mother/daughter relationship on this show. I thought it held great potential. I also thought there was a wonderful opportunity to explore the relationship between John and Ashley. The storyline of using Ashley as a Cabal "weapon" was brilliant and I think it opens up great potential for Ashley to deal with what was done to her and what she did while under the Cabal's control. That potential is wasted if she is dead. i hope that is not the case.
                          I agree. The whole mother/daughter relationship with Helen and Ashley was my favorite aspect of the show, not to mention the potential relation Ash could have with John. And if she is dead then all that just flys out the window.

I love the show, but I really hope that Ashley isn't dead.
                          sigpic

Comment

a really good eps

helen's desperation was almost painful to watch. although, you know, i did laugh at the 'she's in the pattern buffer' bit

kate...is ok when she's with henry and he's snarking right back. bit OTT when folks jsut roll thier eyes at her. But i think she'll tone down a bit

i LOVED the '20 boxes? i have loads of boxes' bit. just downright humorous

it was and odd blend of comedy, humor, pathos and desperation and it worked. one kept the other from being too much

and i LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that john is going after dana

go ripper go
                            Totally agree with you. And totally hope that John gets her, she so deserves it.

When the hold opened, with the boxes HOLY CRAP, where are they going to stick everyone or thing !!! And can totally see why Ryan mentioned on Facebook about Slime and almost being scard of burgers and fries for life lol!!!
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                              Oh my goodness, I am still crying! That was the most heartbreaking thing. Helen's tears and everything. And Big Foot's doll that he made for her! I think I'm going to cry all night.

Ok, moving on from the end, I could have done without the little flying guy, to be honest, but I did enjoy the hunt for the sthenosaur or whatever it was. The "capture" at the end cracked me up. I hoped it would have changed Kate a little more than it did, but it was a start, I think.

I hope John "plays" with her a little before he drops her off a bridge or something equally horrible. That's so wrong of me, but I hate her for what she did!
                              I agree with little flying guy comments. Wished Henry had gone all wolf on him!!!
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Originally posted by kthomassg View Post
                                I just knew that Ashley was going to walk up to Dana while she was having tea. I just don't think I'm going to believe that Ashley is gone, it is sci-fi, does anyone really die.
                                Just look at Dr. Beckett. And there was a charactor on a soap I watched, who was supposed to be dead and cremetted and he still came back !!!
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X