No announcement yet.

Eulogy (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does pay to remember though that it might have been one of the few options they had given Emilie's injury. She might not have been able to come back for ages.

It's a shame though, I too loved the dynamic between Helen and Ash. It will make for some interesting eps now though, seeing how Helen deals.
    sigpic

Comment

i hope she does come back. just read this on spoilertv.com about Ashley.

Spoiler:
      Penelope in York, Pa.: Is Ashley Magnus really dead on Sanctuary?
      Sources confirm that yes, Ashley Magnus really died on Syfy's Sanctuary, and that Emilie Ullerup has left the cast of the show. Are you guys bummed to hear that, or are you OK with the change?
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think we'll see what John does to Dana as it would be a bit too gruesome for anything less than a horror film! We do know that John's killing them off, after all, lounging around covered in blood is a bit of a giveaway but they aren't going to show him killing her!
        I don't think i even see john lingering in killing her. he'll sneak up behind her, grab her with a hand over her mouth, slit her throat and let her fall to the ground, gasping her last breaths. he'll then step over her and leave her like so much garbage as he teleports away.

i don't think he'll even brag to helen, just move on. Dana's death likely won't be mentioned until the cabal rises again and somenoe else is in charge and helen looks at john and he shrugs. 'you said you were not interested in revenge'

the closest helen will ever come to knowing that dana is dead is if the body happens to be found and there's a story about a murdered jane doe

helen won't confront john, john won't bring it up. they've agreed to disagree
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree and disagree. Sanctuary Ripper might make it quick, but given the Rippers history and the fact (IMO) that you can really see John becoming unstuck again that he'd be more inclined to make it linger given what Dana did.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I don't think i even see john lingering in killing her. he'll sneak up behind her, grab her with a hand over her mouth, slit her throat and let her fall to the ground, gasping her last breaths. he'll then step over her and leave her like so much garbage as he teleports away.

i don't think he'll even brag to helen, just move on. Dana's death likely won't be mentioned until the cabal rises again and somenoe else is in charge and helen looks at john and he shrugs. 'you said you were not interested in revenge'

the closest helen will ever come to knowing that dana is dead is if the body happens to be found and there's a story about a murdered jane doe

helen won't confront john, john won't bring it up. they've agreed to disagree
            I'd more or less agree with that. The only spot I slightly differ on is that I expect Druitt would want Dana to see him and know it was him doing it; he is fueled by bloodlust for his murdered child.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wanna see blood ppl! BLOOD! Think Hostel LOL Or Saw

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                one interpretation about the flashbacks....in them Helen was looking for something the whole world said didn't exist. Everyone was telling her that she was a fool, she was wasting her time, etc.

but she persevered and ended up finding the mythical place.

substitute 'mythical place' for 'ashley' and it's a bit of a commentary on her search for her daughter. Henry, Biggy, Will, likely Tesla, John, were all telling her 'helen, she's gone' but she didn't want to believe.

and i think, while she finally ceeded to them in the end, she did it more as an acknowledgment that life goes on and so does her responsibility...but she doesn't plan to give up searching for Ash...she's just going to be doing that searching more low key and discreet. I will bet, even though there's been a memorial service, Ash's room will be locked and untouched.

Helen may be moving on, but she's not giving up
                I guess that interpretation works. I can see the parallels, I just don't think it was done very well in the episode.

Another thing I've been wondering... if the flashbacks are symbolic of Helen's quest to find Ashley, then wouldn't Helen giving up the necklace and putting it in Ashley's coffin represent her abandoning that quest completely? The necklace is supposed to be her symbol of hope, a light in the darkness. And Helen chooses to put it in a coffin, which implies that her hope is dead and buried. If she had worn the necklace at the end of the episode, I would say that she still was hanging onto a shred of hope that Ashely was alive. In the flashbacks, no one believed that she would find the place she was looking for. But she did, and the necklace represents the successful end of that quest. So holding on to the necklace would give Helen a reminder that her previous quest was successful, against all odds, so maybe this one will be too. Hence, she would still have hope. As it is, it felt very final to me. I think giving up the necklace was an admission that she had given up hope on finding Ashely.

I kinda hope I'm wrong. But it's the interpretation that makes the most sense to me.
                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Just watched it last night cause we're a few days behind most of you guys

But what an emotional episode. AT was brilliant as always, especially in the more emotional scenes, I had a lump in my throat and believe me that doesn't happen very often CH always impresses me with his performances, whether it be in the numerous characters in Stargate or on Sanctuary, he is one mighty fine actor. All the characters he's played have been so different and every one he's played he's been great

I like Will, I wouldn't say he's the greatest character but I do like him but in this ep he too was exceptional. The way he tried to get Helen to try and accept Ashley's demise, that little bit of conflict between them. It was good piece of acting by both.

I always like Henry and the big guy (does he not have a name yet?), apart from Helen, those two are up there with my fave characters too

I can't believe how much I've grew to love this show, and to think I wasn't sure about it when it first started Now I can't wait for Monday's to come round

And it's quite unusual for me to love an actor (AT) and love two different shows they've done and love both characters said actor plays

Originally posted by kes View Post
                  I wanna see blood ppl! BLOOD! Think Hostel LOL Or Saw
                  Oh yeah baby!!!!!! I love blood

sigpic

Comment

From the podcast
                    Spoiler:
                    Ashley is dead, though AT let slip that they have a possible story for bringing her back, if there's a season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHonkinSpaceGun View Post
                      From the podcast
                      Spoiler:
                      Ashley is dead, though AT let slip that they have a possible story for bringing her back, if there's a season 3.
                      Well that kills alot for me.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

I would be happy just to see her again. I reworking this in a Fanfic where Ashley survives.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
                          Yeah. You know, I'm not too happy they killed her off and I'm loving the what-if you guys are bouncing around about her coping with what she's done throughout S2. But
                          Spoiler:
                          since they decided to go with killing her off, then I wouldn't like them to revive her. It would feel like a cheat.
                          Perhaps having a story about her in a flashback episode would be a better option.
                          you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            I was so waiting for Jack the Ripper to appear right behind the lady and slit her throat, but I guess they're going to draw out that story a little more than that.
                            I don't think they'll show any more of that scene. We can all imagine how he killed her

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                            I'm still not sure what to make of the flashbacks with Helen and the necklace. I'm all for symbolism, but I just don't think these elements were incorporated into the story very well. I've read a few of the interpretations offered in this thread, but... I still think it was poorly done. The link between the flashbacks and the rest of the story just wasn't clear enough, IMO.
                            I agree with this. I didn't really understand it and especially at first was really confused ... also with Helen seeing Ashley a couple of times (kind of hallucinations?) I wasn't sure what we were seeing now.

I really liked this episode. I don't mind Kate. I did think the cathedral was a bit too much. A huuuuuge building with only the 4 of them .. also the CGI (?) here threw my out of the story a bit. And I kept thinking: can Bigfoot just be in this cathedral? What if someone walks in and sees him? I would've preferred if they had used a smaller location inside the Sanctuary or something.

I'm really sorry that Ashley is dead. Like EH-T said, I like Emilie and want her to be part of the show. And Helen/Ashley and John/Ashley all has so much potential. Really too bad we're not going to see anymore of that.
                            I really really really hope they'll work Ashleys death in the rest of the season. Not suddenly forgetting about her. I mean, Helen lost her daughter and that would effect her for a long time to come. If everyone seems to forget about her now ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post

Heard that too and I'd be really happy if it happens
                              SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                And I kept thinking: can Bigfoot just be in this cathedral? What if someone walks in and sees him? I would've preferred if they had used a smaller location inside the Sanctuary or something.
                                I think the cathedral is part of the sanctuary.

I really really really hope they'll work Ashleys death in the rest of the season. Not suddenly forgetting about her. I mean, Helen lost her daughter and that would effect her for a long time to come.
                                Oh, definitely. And I do think they will. *fingers crossed*
                                you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Working...
                                X