No announcement yet.

End of Nights, Part 2 (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashley being on there would confuse new viewers.

When are they putting up the podcast! <<whines>>

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Ashley being on there would confuse new viewers.

When are they putting up the podcast! <<whines>>

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        Yikes! Did that happen while she was working on the show, or afterwards? That sounds awful.
        They were already shooting the show. But I think nobody knows how she got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by s72450 View Post
          Okay did SyFy use all it's CGI budget on SGU because normally this show has great CGI and tonight it was painfully obvious that they were on green screen, like it wasn't even trying to blend them in. It really took me out of the story to be honest. This looked like CGI/Actor blending from ten years ago.

Anyone else notice how bad it was?
          Yep. There was just something "off" in some of the scenes that caught my attention.

Originally posted by kes View Post
          EU got hurt. She lost her tailbone. And thats painfull and sticks with you for the rest of your life.
          Spoiler:
          I personally know how painful this can be. I fractured my tailbone a few years ago, and while it has healed, it is still weak and no amount of physical therapy and exercise has managed to make it stronger.

Originally posted by ljscott View Post
          SyFy has already replaced Ashley's picture with Kate. Not happy about that at all. I knew it was coming, but still don't like to see it.
          Can't say I'm happy about it either. I really liked Emilie. They could have kept Emilie in the show somehow without her having to do stunts and fighting and stuff like that.

While I agree with everyone that AT did a great job in the scene at the end with Ashley, it was the first time since watching "Sanctuary" that I had a flashback to Sam Carter in SG1. When Magnus was pleading with Ashley, it reminded me of the scene where Sam was pleading with Fifth to stop torturing her.

Comment

The podcast is uploaded

http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/includ...ts/podcast.xml
            sigpic

Comment

info about EU
              Spoiler:
              IMDB has EU in for at least the next 2 eps that's as far as they have updated the Sanctuary board 25. Eulogy (23 October 2009) - Ashley Magnus
              Next US airings:
              Fri. Oct. 23 10:00 PM SYFY
              Sat. Oct. 24 12:00 AM SYFY
              26. Hero (30 October 2009) - Ashley Magnus

Last edited by Jeffer; 17 October 2009, 01:22 PM.
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

Clara totally got the bridge dropped on her. I was totally okay with that ship too: we never really saw Will being happy with her.

Did anybody else think 'RELEASE THE RANCOR!' when they brought out the elemental?
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Did anyone else go "OMG! Where'd they get the cave troll?!" when the defense of the London Sanctuary began?

I think the way the EM shield works is that if you're outside it and try to transport into an area protected by one, you get spat back out, like what happened to Druitt. But if you're inside one and try to transport, you'll die.

From the moment we first say Clara, I had a feeling she was going to die. Reminds me of what Tesla said about young love being tragic.

I totally did not see Ashley's death coming. I was totally in shock for several minutes after the episode ended.

Too bad about EU's injury. I also hurt my back (fractured L5), and 4 years later it still bothers me quite a bit some times.

Comment

As soon as I saw Clara, it was "Cool! Recurring character that now has to die....". Invisible people can come and go (like any abnormal) as the writers want. Papa invisible could have had other children.

Since Kate was shown for no good reason, she's the new girl for Will/Henry to impress.

Comment

My heart broke. Amanda played despair so greatly I just had to grab my son and cuddle him tight when she was talking to Ashley. And omg the ending D:

And poor poor Will T_T And I don't like Kate at all :|

Poor Helen T____T
                      Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      LOL, may I just say that I found Henry's werewolf ringtone ironically hilarious?
                      No I laughed like an idiot too

And I loved seeing a nubbin again ^^
                      Last edited by Jitter; 17 October 2009, 02:00 PM.
                      Videos Artwork

In loving memory of Col. L. Pendergast1960-2006
                      Yes I actually enjoy SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiGeek17 View Post
                        And the last few seconds of Magnus crying and then that great silence as the episode ended! Bravo!
                        i know! i *very* dramatic way of ending a very emotional scene... (i rewatched just that scene before coming here)

Lastly, I have to say the one line that made me cry was when Magnus tried to get through to Ashley, "do you remember when you were small, and you crawled into my arms at night and said 'mommy I'm scared'...Ashley, I'm scared".

I couldn't have come up with a better final line between mother and daughter!
                        yes on everything.

i do wonder, though, what made ashley start coming around? maybe her dad stabbing her? tesla electrocuting her? kate blowing her up? (wow, nice ppl, eh? )

when helen first plead with ash (the 'i'm scared' scene), ashley was having none of it. but maybe everything together, topping it off with her mother's heart-felt plea *finally* brought ashley out enough to gain control.

ashley killed herself, didn't she? (along with that other super being)

Part of me thinks Ashley is dead, but another part of me says she may still be alive!
                        alive, please!

on a con side, i *did* notice some flaws in their green screening... i wonder if they didn't really have enough time to polish it up?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

Can't say that I'm sad Clara's gone, but I do feel sorry for Will... it was the only storyline he had. Still not warmed up to Kate either, but she was slightly less irritating in this ep then the last one so that's a plus.... I think.
                          i didn't get the change to 'know' clara, but i do feel more sorry for wil than missing clara or anything. (and i wonder why we didn't 'see' how clara died? kind of mysterious?...)

i'm going to bring up something that's not going to be popular, but... i was kind of hoping bigfoot wouldn't make it. i know, i'm bad! , but i find bigfoot a little silly sometimes. the only scene i liked with him (so far this season) was when helen came in to talk to him while he was lying there. maybe because he was quiet and not grunting, but... i wouldn't miss him if he was gone. sorry bigfoot fans.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

After the medicroe to bad feeling of Part 1 I am glad to say part 2 met all my expectations. I really thought everyone had a great part and had something to contribute. Even Will I can't stand was a joy to watch especially when you see the anger in him after Clara dies. Enjoyable to see Helen deal with those tough moral choices. Although one criticism is when she is crying about Ashley you can clearly see Amanda Tapping lose her British accent. That Cabal lady is so cold. And those are the villians I like. Not the cliche laughing kind but the cold people who calmly say exactly what they want. As much as I enjoyed this episode it seems a mistake to kill off Ashley
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              I think the pain of getting skewered by dear old Dad brought normal Ashley back for a second, and then the pain of getting blasted by Kate brought her back long enough to know her mom as her mom. Enough to know she couldn't control it so she committed suicide. I'd imagine that pain (if she survives) might drive the rest of the madness out of her.

suse
                              i appreciate that thought-through, and it makes sense.

helen-ashley all the way!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Wow, just wow.
                                Also, WOW.
                                Lots of strong emotional parts and great fights. And destruction of phones Great to see Tesla making good use of his powers.
                                The end took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting it to happen like that at all! I like it best when a plot surprises me. I saw Clara's death coming. A pity but it makes sense for both Helen and Will to lose someone close. At least Clara had her happy final two hours
                                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                ...(and i wonder why we didn't 'see' how clara died? kind of mysterious?...)

i'm going to bring up something that's not going to be popular, but... i was kind of hoping bigfoot wouldn't make it. i know, i'm bad! , but i find bigfoot a little silly sometimes. the only scene i liked with him (so far this season) was when helen came in to talk to him while he was lying there. maybe because he was quiet and not grunting, but... i wouldn't miss him if he was gone. sorry bigfoot fans.
                                I kinda agree about the Big Guy, I wouldn't have really missed him a whole lot. As for Clara, we saw one of the 'supersoldiers' turn back to where she was. They couldn't easily show her death without showing too much else of Clara...
                                Last edited by Eternal Density; 17 October 2009, 04:43 PM.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X