No announcement yet.

Into the Black (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what did john say to helen, just after the electricity stopped and just before helen went through the time thingie?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Let's say, this is not what I was waiting for. A boring episode. Little action and even less thrill. After all these awesome episode we end up with this crappy end??!!!! This season was the best, but now this finale ruined it. 'Kali' was a much better finale.

The only part I liked was the ending. Helen in the past. I love those past stuff and victorian England. Awesome stuff about the invasion. The only problem is that if they managed to make the world live with abnormals, then there'll be no use for the sanctuary.

Good to see Edge. Looks like he's gonna go into acting now that he's not a wrestler anymore. His performance was so good for an unexperienced actor. His character was cool.

Felt sorry for Fallon. She had potential. How many cat eyed persons are there???!!!!

Didn't like the scenes of Kate and that guy.

Since I hate Will, I liked the scene when he was fighting Edge.

FINALLY Adam did it. I was getting annoyed with his losses. He was killing people AND failing. It's not like he was succeeding. Now that he succeeded, he'll stop these crazy experiments.

If the world accept the abnormals, then there'll be no use for the sanctuary except for dangerous abnormals. I think time travel will make new uses for the sanctuary.

IMO, this would have been better if it was a two part episode. One would be dealing with the hostages and Kate and Biggie overhearing about the invasion and not being able to tell the others and when finally escaping it's too late coz the invasion began. The second would be at the same time as the first, but showing Druitt, Helen and Worth and the timee travel stuff in addition to Will and Henry finding out about the invasion in time without Kate and Biggie's help and telling Dr. Lee and it end with the same ending scene. Of course that's whisful thinking. What is done is done.

Still, the ending was awesome, I admit it. Can't wait for season 4. Just 3 months.

One Question: How exactly did Druitt betray Helen? I didn't understand that part.

Comment

I too had thoughts about the cabal and how they may be behind it all...since they had the 'abnormals must be caged' attitude, same as gen villanova.

i'm thinking whomever this power is that's put Lotus in place, they're backed by the cabal
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This was a pretty good season finale. After that ending, it should be very interesting to see what happens next. This goes for Helen in the past, and for everyone else in the present.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I didn't take any notes while watching the episode earlier today, so initial impressions:

--LOVE THIS EPISODE! I'm sure there are things to nitpick, but for now all I can think about are the awesome things - mainly John and Helen.
            --The Helen/John interaction was so fabulous. It is interesting to see that Helen was so absolutely sure she and John didn't belong together in the dreamworld in Out of the Blue and then to see how resolutely she rebuffs him here. Granted, John's intentions here were truly amazing: he wanted to rewrite history so that they could have been together. Of course, Helen could see the wide-reaching ramifications of that and wouldn't be a party to that. I seriously jumped out of my seat when she said the line about John erasing the last 100 years to bed her in some alternate timeline. Wow!!! It's such a crazy, romantic notion to change history/change the world for love. And yet, Helen's point of view was such an interesting one: he must not think much of the present day Helen Magnus to want to go back and undo everything.
            --I've been wondering what is going on with John, his blood lust and the energy being. He took back the energy creature in Haunted (season 2). We don't see John again until For King & Country where he has been drugging himself or something (I think he called it "'local fare to cure the soul") in Cambodia trying to keep from feeling anything. Helen brings him back to the Sanctuary and it seems like John is in control of himself. In all the following episodes we don't see him out of control and murdering people. It is only at the end of Pax Romana that you think maybe the Ripper has returned (John covered with blood, about to exact revenge on Adam), but those actions might not have been influenced by the energy being either. Has John somehow tamed the energy being? Was something he did/tried in Cambodia keeping the energy being from influencing his actions? Has the energy being fallen in love with Helen, too?!?!? (Why not? Who doesn't love Helen?)
            --The shippers out there may hate me, but I honestly do think Helen doesn't believe she and John belong together. She loved him - there is no doubt about that. But after everything that has happened, I don't think she can see them together. As for that moment in For King & Country when she lay down and put his arm around her - I don't think that was about wanting to be together in the present. I think she was vulnerable at that moment and wanted comfort. And she had this opportunity to lie in his arms, remembering how much she loved him once - and there would be no ramifications here because he was unconscious and would never know. However, even believing Helen doesn't think they are meant to be together, Helen's comment about never wanting to see John again may have just been said in the heat of the moment.
            --Love how John offered Helen his arm in the elevator and her look as she took it. Priceless!
            --I have to believe that Garris (the abnormal that Kate became friends with) is helping/hiding Kate in the abnormal camp. Had a fleeting thought about a sort of Die Hard situation - with Kate trying to beat the bad guys while (practically) alone.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 4 AND TO SEE HOW THEY GET OUT OF THIS!!! Also, super excited about Helen in Victorian England. So many possibilities!!!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

In comes Tesla and Henry. Tesla and Henry will most likely make a device from the information that Helen sent John back with. If Helen really dosent want to see John again this could be a way of getting Chris out of the series? please tell me Im wrong people. People do dumb things when it comes to love and John's just human. Beard or no beard for Henry, hmm, how about lamb chops? And why did the armed guards saved Will and just leave Biggy there like that? that was just wrong on all levels, they could have taken him to even if he wanted to stay and pound that guy into the ground. The military has another agenda for the abnormals that their not letting Helen know about and its not good.

Comment

Funky episode.

- Maybourne!
                - Praxis surely this can't be permanent? I bet it gets reset, although it would be interesting if it didn't
                - Druitt does have some good left in him, definitely the Darth Vader character.
                - New abnormals, you know that giant/troll looking one was introduced because it would look good in a fight.
                - Interesting cliffhanger, time travel, invasion.

The season has been pretty decent overall, although i don't think it has been spectacular. Will have to tune in to season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  you know, i'm not a shipper of them (not anti though), but i just felt this was too sudden a shift for helen to be this angry and against him, so...

spoilers for s4-
                  Spoiler:
                  i'm thinking this is a set up for helen to have a lover in s4. i think they wanted to show the viewers that helen wants and needs to be with someone else, so they're giving us the reasons now...

and this reminds me of the sam/jack stuff that happened with the sudden appearance and 'need' for a boyfriend for sam in s7, and the crappy reasons for that happening too. first it was love, love, need, want, then doubts, wants for a life... SET UP for reasoning sam's boyfriend.

this just might be the same thing happening with helen and a helen/other relationship coming up in s4.
                  I dont think so, because
                  Spoiler:
                  AT asked for some romance when they were preping S04. They had already finished S03. And I'm also thinking its just some dude and it will be 1 ep and done with it.

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post

One Question: How exactly did Druitt betray Helen? I didn't understand that part.
                  Well he let Adam live and go free again. And wrote a msg giving the idea he had taken care of it. Giving back the CI but after Adam copied it. And that stuff he's pretty dangerous. Not to mention he would risk millions of lives and erase who she is today for his own personal gain.
                  ---------------
                  Druitt follows what Adam told him. That he's a dog on a leash for Magnus. But he really can't complain. He let Adam go with 1900 something, took him out of the Sanctuary and then let him loose (sp) again.
                  Last edited by kes; 22 June 2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

a note i found while transcribing....druitt let adam live the first time. they had some sort of 'arrangement/bargain/deal'.
                    then he does the second time and then is confronted with the chaos he helped create.

druitt has been adam's patsy for years...adam outsmarted jack the ripper '

now magnus has gone back to stop him, and may be trapped in the past, and she's going to have to deal with stopping/killing a man based on his future crimes, what she knows he'll do...and do this in the face of a timeline he's trying to change.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      a note i found while transcribing....druitt let adam live the first time. they had some sort of 'arrangement/bargain/deal'.
                      then he does the second time and then is confronted with the chaos he helped create.

druitt has been adam's patsy for years...adam outsmarted jack the ripper '

now magnus has gone back to stop him, and may be trapped in the past, and she's going to have to deal with stopping/killing a man based on his future crimes, what she knows he'll do...and do this in the face of a timeline he's trying to change.
                      The 1st time I understand. What Adam said was true so it worked for Druitt. He was almost dead, how was he suppose to know that he'd end up in Hollow Earth. But he totaly fell for it when he took him to Hollow Earth and then again when he let him live. What I find strange is the 3rd time. Why would he believe Adam would go back to when he wanted? And would take him along?
                      ----------
                      It would be cool if they explore the fact that Magnus must kill future Adam. If she meets the others, and I'm guessing yes, how will they see that? Plus in doing so she's also sacraficing (sp) his daughter. I hope they play with that.
                      It would be cool if the lab fire that Watson metions in FKaC was started Magnus.

Comment

Plus Druitt is Jack The Ripper thanks to that parasite in him. Which he has now unleashed again on the world.

Comment

Great episode nice to see Sanctuary back on track after a couple of slow episodes. Shame we have to wait so long for the next one now :|

I'm not sure we need to worry too much about how they deal with the fallout from abnormal invasion, Worth's destruction of Praxis etc. None of that will necessarily happen now as he and Helen have entered a different timeline. So many interesting possibilities..

Will Helen run into herself? Into 2 versions of Worth and kill them both? (depending on how they interpret time travel for the show I guess). Will she run into John and help him get control of the monster earlier in his life? Warn Dr Watson or Nigel about possible impending dooms?

Really anything is possible now although the suspicion is they'll come up with a reset switch of some kind to take us back to just before Alan set off his time field in 'our' timeline and prevent it. One plausible such scenario would be for Helen to kill Worth and herself before they can interfere drastically with the timeline, at the same time leaving a time capsule for her other self to retrieve just in time to stop worth in the present day. I doubt they'd use something so dull as a plot device though.

As to the Helen-John love/hate thing I didn't see Helen as being unreasonable at all. Apart from altruistic reasons; that he was willing to put the whole world at risk for his selfish ends which is bad enough, his plan is to take away her source blood i.e. immortality. I'd be pretty annoyed at someone wanting to take away immortality from me and I haven't even tasted it to miss it. Sure there's the whole jaded, lived too long angle etc but don't try and convince me at least part of her doesn't enjoy everlasting youth!
                          "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

I enjoyed the episode.

I may be reading things into the exchange btw John & Helen, but on first viewing I thought Helen was revealing her hurt when she said something like "if who I am now means so little to you that you'd erase it" even though she was also saying "it would never work."

I think she may have been trying to convince herself to give up on John after the dream world thing.

I'm a bit wary of how this story will be resolved, but heck, Damien's pulled it off before, I'm fairly confident he will again.

Comment

well, if she kills him in the past he'll never exist in the future, however, their tracking down of Worth is what led to the Five getting the immunities they had, so killing Adam before his little terrorist act would undo that.

she has to kill the present worth and dispose of him in such a way that no one knows who he is.

sigpic

Comment

The transcript is done
                                http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/s...totheblack.htm

as always, use, share, enjoy, just don't repost without permission.

also, the Factuary is up to date
                                http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/s.../factuary.html

A list of who's who and what's what.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X