Out of the Blue (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

This episode showcased to me *how complicated and torn Helen is* as neither life was her "true happiness". I don't think Helen even knows what would truly be her blissful life. I enjoyed the glimpse inside her head.
    One of the things I love about this character.

Comment

This episode showcased to me how complicated and torn Helen is as neither life was her "true happiness". I don't think Helen even knows what would truly be her blissful life. I enjoyed the glimpse inside her head.
      So agree with this. And how many people can't relate to that? It's part of what made the episode so interesting.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I think helen has spent so much of her life on her mission with the abnormals that she's never thought of a 'real' life and what she wants. She doesn't know what would make her happy because she's rarely thought about her, just others or the mission/job
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm...well I think perhaps she thought about it; especially after she lost Ashley. She just hasn't put together what the right combination is for her. She loves her mission and her work with abnormals but wonders what she is missing by not having a "normal" life. I agree that she probably hasn't spent a lot time dwelling on it.
          sigpic

Comment

like we saw with will being lizardized, magnus will work herself itno the ground, seemingly to refuse to deal with something.

that seems to be one trait that sam and magnus share....at times instead of dealing with life they jump into work
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              like we saw with will being lizardized, magnus will work herself itno the ground, seemingly to refuse to deal with something.

that seems to be one trait that sam and magnus share....at times instead of dealing with life they jump into work
              I agree, work as a form of escapism seems to be a personality trait shared by Sam and Helen. What about Amanda? She seems to have found a good balance with work and family and social implication in charity so she's better than Sam and Helen

Comment

With Helen and John, even in her dream world, she knows there something dark and dangerous about him, and it comes through in her inability to really trust him. In her real world, we know she loves him deeply, but also know it can't or should never be. This I think is what comes through in her dream world. Her mind telling her, something just isn't right.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I really liked this episode. How would you have felt if they only showed Helen and John as a loving couple and then showed Helen rejecting it?
                  What Helen tells both John and Will are very telling. Neither life made her happy; both needed more. She tells John "What you’re offering isn’t right either. Nothing’s right. I want to be left alone. I don’t want any responsibility, no people clawing at me demanding my attention. No life or death situations." and then later to Will...
                  Helen "You know I hate the term happy. Like it’s the end all and be all of life. If we don’t achieve perfect happiness we’ve somehow failed. I got married because it was supposed to make me happy and safe."
                  Will: But it didn’t?
                  Helen: It should have. John was everything I wanted or so I thought.
                  (Credit to Sky for the wonderful transcripts to refer back to!).

This episode showcased to me how complicated and torn Helen is as neither life was her "true happiness". I don't think Helen even knows what would truly be her blissful life. I enjoyed the glimpse inside her head.
                  maybe helen couldn't accept this john, b/c her 'real' feelings and memories were intruding on the make believe. maybe she just instinctively knew that john wasn't good, seeing as she made him and her getting a divorce and him being the reason.

i don't know.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I liked this show. It's the 3rd one I've seen, only to learn the season finale is the next ep.

Having never seen any others before, I thought the scientists were bad guys and they really were being experimented on. The joy of not knowing past relationships make this a great show with twists and surprises. Now if I continue watching I'll lose my innocence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      With Helen and John, even in her dream world, she knows there something dark and dangerous about him, and it comes through in her inability to really trust him. In her real world, we know she loves him deeply, but also know it can't or should never be. This I think is what comes through in her dream world. Her mind telling her, something just isn't right.
                      Ahem....some of us don't know that.

Disclaimer: not meant to start any shipper/nonshipper wars just teasing a friend who doesn't ship.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
                        I liked this show. It's the 3rd one I've seen, only to learn the season finale is the next ep.

Having never seen any others before, I thought the scientists were bad guys and they really were being experimented on. The joy of not knowing past relationships make this a great show with twists and surprises. Now if I continue watching I'll lose my innocence.
                        Actually being new to the show didn't really matter as most thought as you had; the scientist were bad guys experimenting on them. M.A.D. does a great job with most episodes with the twist and surprises to keep us on our toes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually being new to the show didn't really matter as most thought as you had; the scientist were bad guys experimenting on them. M.A.D. does a great job with most episodes with the twist and surprises to keep us on our toes.
                          That they do. They have a habit of doing not quite what everyone expects.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by Morigane50 View Post
                            Nice episode to me , I always like stories about what is the dream-what is the reality . At the beginning it sounds to me like a little "Desperate houswives à la X-Files "and I thought , oh la la! what do they reserve to us in this episode.
                            Funny to see Helen like an anti-social woman with her cat , and Will as a married guy Bon Chic Bon Genrer ( sorry I do not know how to say that in english) with his nice pregnant wife and a dog ( that we do not see) .
                            BCB I think Sloane Ranger in UK (think hooray Henry and lady Di) I suppose Preppy or lower end Boston Brahmin is the American analog.
                            ----------------------------
                            You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Noticed a couple of funny things about Helen's lorazepam prescription:

Her anxiety medication is being prescribed by a podiatrist.

The dose is a ridiculously large 500mg.

Comment

This was a good episode IMO, considering it was a set up for the season finale. Good character stuff, loved Helen and her interaction with John.

There's one thing I wanna know tho'. Who's idea was the second title in the newspaper, (under John's picture) and what brought it on?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X