No announcement yet.

Awakening (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a great episode. I just wish afina had survived. Would have been cool to see return and maybe even with tesla

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Yup, consequences of Kate's actions causing her issues is good.
      No Wolf Boy tonight. Nice mentions though.
      Me love Wolf Boy. Don't you think that the character development with Henry during Season 3 has endeared him to many more fans? I know I have fallen for him this year.

Comment

The vampire queen was definitely a better character than the trailer led me to believe, but her chest was so distracting. Could have done without that.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
          Me love Wolf Boy. Don't you think that the character development with Henry during Season 3 has endeared him to many more fans? I know I have fallen for him this year.
          I've always liked Henry, Unfortunately I don't like the Henry-focused eppys. I like him much better being tech guy in really good team eps - he can develop that way too. I might like him more paired with Magnus, but he keeps getting paired with Will. I adore him and Biggie though.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
            The vampire queen was definitely a better character than the trailer led me to believe, but her chest was so distracting. Could have done without that.
            Hehe, we had a bit of fun with the cleavage in the live watch. I agree it was distracting. As it is seen so much in Vampire Folklore, Vamps can be so sexy! An use it for their advantage. Telsa did seem to be smitten. Till she dumped him. Literally.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
              It was definitely there, but it really fit the overall package.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                I've always liked Henry, Unfortunately I don't like the Henry-focused eppys. I like him much better being tech guy in really good team eps - he can develop that way too. I might like him more paired with Magnus, but he keeps getting paired with Will. I adore him and Biggie though.
                I totally agree. Ditto Plus on the Henry/Biggie parts.

Comment

Awesome doesn't even cover it in my book. After 3 episodes where they just went on forever, I didn't want this one to end!!! The hour went by too fast! So can't wait to watch it again....

The B plot was actually enjoyable, I love it when they bring up Kate's past (as it has been said here already.)
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Very good episode. Though I felt like something was missing, I really don't what it was. I enjoyed this episode, I thought it was really good. It's a shame the ratings for it will be bad for the episode, and most likely for Normandy (a big episode) but it's not the shows fault.

I loved the bantering between Helen and Tesla, it was so them. I loved how Helen was trying to keep Tesla alive, it really showed how much she cared for him, even if she tried to hide it. Tesla was so cocky in this episode, but we still love him, and it was good to see him revamped back to who he really is. I laughed when I he tried to get out of that pit, but just couldn't get up there, but he was smart to use his magnetic powers to get out. The vamp queen was evil, she actually turned on the guy who wanted to help her, but I'm glad she got what she had coming to her, and how Helen gave her a hard shot with that pipe. Overall, they're story was great.

As for Kate's story, it was was also good. I like this side of her, when things from her past comes back that she doesn't like, but she works on a way to fix that. Kate's a strong person, and we need to see more of her like this. And I missed Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      Very good episode. Though I felt like something was missing, I really don't what it was. I enjoyed this episode, I thought it was really good. It's a shame the ratings for it will be bad for the episode, and most likely for Normandy (a big episode) but it's not the shows fault.
                      I'm going to take a guess and say that what you feel was missing might well be the team unity? That's the feeling I had the second time I watched the episode. The first time around, I was just so happy to have some good Magnus/Tesla interaction, and some good Kate backstory as well, that I didn't focus on how they're still missing the "team" feeling to this show that we're so used to. I guess that's heightened even more since the past few episodes have been individually focused (and boring).

However, overall I'd consider this a MAJOR improvement over the last few weeks. Instead of constantly waiting for the episode to be done as in the past few episodes, here I couldn't believe that the episode was almost over when I first looked at the clock.
                      sigpic

Comment

Magnus translation abilities are so off

http://images.wikia.com/tesfanon/ima...f/Oblivion.gif

Enjoy.

Comment

yes, there was much 'focus on cleavage' wasn't there? not only the vamp queen, but the shot of kate punching the bag also started squarely on her chest
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

can you imagine the call back at the sanctuary? 'yes, hi, we found the cave, no wasn't praxis, but hey, got some good news, Tesla is revamped and we need a ride.....hello?????? hellloooo?????? anyone there??????'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My thoughts are after just one viewing and without taking any notes while watching.

AWESOME EPISODE!!!

The B story was fine, but it was all about Helen, Nikola and the vampire queen for me. I thought their part of the story was pretty much perfect. I love Helen and Tesla's banter throughout. Tesla almost resigned to dying while Helen frantically tries to keep him alive. Without knowing what happened to John and with Helen's father living in Praxis, Nikola is the only one left from the old days. As annoying as he can be at times, I'm sure it would have devastated Helen to lose him.
                              --really loved the vampire queen. I liked how she wanted Magnus to join her court. Just about everyone falls for Magnus, don't they?
                              --Tesla's reverence and then hatred for the queen was terrific. Love early on when she was awakened and Tesla says something like (sorry for the paraphrase), "Look at her. Strong, intelligent, holds up very well for age - all the qualities I look for in a woman." I'm sure I mangled the line, but it made me laugh out loud.
                              --I'm kind of glad the map to Hollow Earth was destroyed. It could have turned into a crutch ("check the database") when a problem needed solving. We know they got some info from it. That works for me.
                              --I'm a little surprised the queen didn't feed on Helen at all. As soon as she woke up, I was waiting for when she would go for Helen. I thought maybe that would be the moment where Tesla stopped following the queen around like a puppy dog - having to choose between the queen and saving Helen. But having the queen betray him and throw him into a pit was better. (Anyone have flashbacks to Sleepers where the young vamps tossed Nikola off the building? Wasn't that when he said, "Oh I hate them.")

I'll write more after another viewing. Overall - loved this episode!!!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

The b story was boring. I would have loved for this episode to set up a whole new plot about humans+abnormals war with the old vampires - a missed opportunity imho

Comment

Working...
                                X